Reactions: Opinionated

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    How did you accidentally delete a blog? o_O

I was just messing around with blog creation becuase there are several ways to make blogs on this forum using different URLs URLs to follow. So I was creating test blogs then deleting them to see what the difference is. I must've ticked the box on my real blog when doing it and POOOOF, gone.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    Not sure how old the post is but if it's been up a while sometimes you get lucky with Internet Archive. If you can remember the URL, that's an easy way to look. Otherwise you may be able to browse a cached version of the website itself and see if you can find the link.

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

If you recently deleted the post and you know the URL, you could also do a Google search for it. If it shows up in search results, you can click an icon with three dots next to it and there is an option for "cached." That will show you what Google has saved in its cache.

If you find it you can copy and paste the content into a new post.

BTW, said strategies are sometimes useful for recovering any deleted content on the web. It's not a sure thing, but works as a last resort sometimes.

Reactions: zoiDman

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Not sure how old the post is but if it's been up a while sometimes you get lucky with Internet Archive. If you can remember the URL, that's an easy way to look. Otherwise you may be able to browse a cached version of the website itself and see if you can find the link.

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

If you recently deleted the post and you know the URL, you could also do a Google search for it. If it shows up in search results, you can click an icon with three dots next to it and there is an option for "cached." That will show you what Google has saved in its cache.

If you find it you can copy and paste the content into a new post.

BTW, said strategies are sometimes useful for recovering any deleted content on the web. It's not a sure thing, but works as a last resort sometimes.

Thanks. I already tried a few archive sites and it was never archived.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread