Blog entry pagination - are the dashes in my name the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
First of all, Thank You so much for my blog!

Looking for the the link to a previous blogrant today, I noticed that I can click my name and get to my blog entries, but down at the bottom, if I try to go to page 2 or page 3, it says "lol" doesn't have a blog."

Example: Here's the main index to my blogrants

Here's the link to page 2, down at the bottom of that page

Now "lol" (note the lack of dashes) is the name of a real character, but he or she hasn't been around in a while.

I'm "-lol-" (with dashes)

Could the dashes be confusing the forum software?

If so, would it be easier to for you to disconfuse it, or for me to request yet another (dash-free) name change, if I'm allowed to?

I don't mind making extra clicks to see the pages of my blogrants, but what if "lol" with no dashes returns, makes a blog, and the confused software explodes!

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Yes, the software doesn't handle names with symbols very well. Sorry about that...

We have tried to prevent all-symbol names from being registered but one occasionally creeps in, registered by the defiant and devious. All sorts of crashes and mishaps then result. Even a symbol or two can hurt.

If you would like to choose a slightly more conventional name, it would please our hard-working and much abused software tremendously. Currently it cannot say thank-you, but it will probably think it, somewhere deep in its electrons.

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
...a slightly more conventional name, it would please our hard-working and much abused software tremendously...

How about "lolady" if it please Your Illustriousness - (but without the quotes! Sooo without the quotes)!

That's not too hard to type, and I'm pretty sure I can remember it, both features I like in a name.

Please convey my apologies and comforting pats to the software's poor abused electrons. I am sorry for confusing them, and never would have done so were I not so confused in solidarity with their confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread