Blood pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoltoCraft

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
United Kingdom
My blood pressure has gone really low since quitting smoking, mine is about 90/55 which is very low (It used to be 120/80 when smoking).

I assure you that your blood pressure would double what it is now if you were smoking, it's not risk free like some people tell you, nicotine does increase your blood pressure, but only temporarily.

But overall vaping is not bad for you, it's just like drinking a cup of coffee (Which also increases your blood pressure), but mine seems to have gone a lot better.

Try doing exercise like running, or eating the right foods.

Hope I could help, keep on vaping!

p.s. Do you remember what blood pressure reading the doctor said you have?

Love,
MoltoCraft

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
So, were you really nervous when your bp was being taken? Did you just have some coffee, tea, cola, anything with caffeine, etc.? Have a quick vape fairly close to having your bp taken? My bp went up a few times - before I started vaping - when I had coffee or cola before my appointment after a sleepless night. I have a tendency toward insomnia anyway, and a grandson with autism who tends to have sleep issues. Sometimes both coincide, and suddenly I realize that I have not slept in over 24 hours, so I grab some coffee or cola to keep going until it is convenient to take a short nap. I also hate going to the doctor's, and get very nervous.

Try getting a home bp kit and monitor yourself. I got a small wrist bp monitor for a reasonable price, and used it to keep track for a while. Cut your salt intake if you are a heavy salt user. Talk to your doctor, too. He or she should be able to provide you with information about dietary/lifestyle changes that may be able to help.

No, I am not a doctor, and do not claim to be one. Your best bet is to talk to your doctor, be frank, do your research on sites such as Webmd, and follow suggestions from your doctor. For me, personally, any time I am given a prescription I check Webmd out, especially the user reviews. My daughter and I both tend to have the "oddball" reactions to medications. By checking the user reviews, I feel that I can be better prepared just in case there is a reaction.

Reactions: mattiem

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Always had normal blood pressure. Went to the doctors and it's really high been put straight on tablets. Could it be vapeing that's made it so high ? I do tend to chain vape around 3ml a day with 18mg nicotine. Anyone else has this problem ?
I vape about 10ml of 6mg and there hasn't been a problem with mine.

angie124

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2013
United Kingdom
I know nicotine stays in your system temporarily but if you chain vape all day surely your blood pressure would be raised all day as well. Would that not cause damage to your body so that when you go to Drs etc it's about half hour wait so nicotine would be out of system but maybe because blood pressure raised all day it stays raised. Might be wrong it's just a thought

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Given the constricting effect nicotine has on blood vessels and arteries I'd be willing to bet it's the nicotine causing it. You may need to experiment by lowering your nic intake and reducing vaping as well and find that safe spot so it doesn't effect your BP. Nic effects everyone differently with health problems...if you read this forum enough you will see folks with the same health problems reporting different experiences

Reactions: jdrewry

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I subohm chain vape and have been doing so for a year and my last BP at the doctors office was 119/76. It's like this at home as well, but it does spike at the dentist office without fail. It can depend on a lot of factors so pinning it on vaping without readings before vaping and after vaping, a complete history life changes other medications etc., is impossible so no matter what anyone says here its anecdotal at best.

The only way to know for sure is quit vaping for an extended period of time and see if it lowers.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know nicotine stays in your system temporarily but if you chain vape all day surely your blood pressure would be raised all day as well. Would that not cause damage to your body so that when you go to Drs etc it's about half hour wait so nicotine would be out of system but maybe because blood pressure raised all day it stays raised. Might be wrong it's just a thought

What about Other things like Water, Salt, Stress and Exercise?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Always had normal blood pressure. Went to the doctors and it's really high been put straight on tablets. Could it be vapeing that's made it so high ? I do tend to chain vape around 3ml a day with 18mg nicotine. Anyone else has this problem ?
Three mil a day is not chain-vaping. LOL.

I have a history of alcohol abuse, and spent many years in AA. Several years ago, I resumed drinking, but at extremely moderate levels. Several months ago, I had a whole glass of wine (GASP!). The next morning, my BP was that high. I quit drinking again.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
My BP is as low as it's ever been. Went to the doc recently for a sinus infection, and it was 117/78, pretty normal for me. I vape about 5-6ml per day, currently around 6mg; I used to smoke about a pk a day of ultra-lights. My BP is pretty much unchanged.

Andria

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Your age and family history need to be taken into consideration. I've had high blood pressure for over 5 years now and have been told that finding the cause is like looking for a needle in a hay stack, very difficult in some cases. I have no family history and I was only 38 when mine was discovered. I was in great shape, walking about 5 miles a day, getting good sleep and eating decently. There was no reason for mine to be up like that. Since that time other issues have surfaced and it turns out I may have a connective tissue disease. So this could be the beginning of something for you or your body just may not like 18mg. If your BP stays up after cutting down your nic level that will tell you if it's the nic or not. If you were a smoker your body is already used to nic so I'm guessing it's probably not the nic, if you were a smoker that is.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on ECF... Seriously, people have strokes with a pressure like that. The nicotine could bring it up some temporally. I'm sure the Dr said something about a low sodium diet with fresh vegetables and fruit, nothing fried or greasy, something about some exercise, and plenty of water. You can fight it but you got to make some lifestyle changes. Good luck

Reactions: 3mg Meniere
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread