Bloomberg’s misguided push to outlaw vaping in developing nations

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
A good read from the Brussels-Times, Bloomberg’s misguided push to outlaw vaping in developing nations
... a significant part of Bloomberg’s philanthropic fortune has ended up going to global efforts to clamp down on novel vaping products, which do not contain tobacco, and have been proven to be instrumental in getting smokers to quit.
... just this past week, it was revealed that a staff lawyer for the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, one of the largest global tobacco control groups funded by Bloomberg Philanthropies, drafted the law to severely restrict imports and sales of vaping devices. It is alleged that Carmen Medel, president of the health committee of the Mexican Chamber of Deputies, contracted the charity to “advise” on the law, but ended up submitting a draft bill that still contained the name of the NGO lawyer who wrote the law.
... groups that receive that money for tobacco control have made the deadly mistake of equating the cigarette to the real alternative of the vaping device. And that will be to the detriment of global health on a massive scale.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Guessing that means you know him personally and have insight to his exact thoughts and how much time he has on his hands. ;)

I don't know him, nor how he thinks or how much time he has on his hands.

Frankly I don't care what he, or anyone else, does with their time or money. It ain't none of anyone's dang business. :2c:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I don't care what he, or anyone else, does with their time or money. It ain't none of anyone's dang business. :2c:
It becomes our business when he starts using his money and influence to interfere with how peaceable people choose to live their lives, something he became quite (in)famous for during he tenure as mayor of NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread