Is the End Near? Can Biden Outlaw Vaping by Executive Order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
I bring this up now because the media is starting the anti-vaping campaign again - Statements broadcast on the mainstream news about smoking and vaping making Covid 19 much worse {there is in fact evidence that smoking, and probably vaping protects people from developing Covid in the first place - But they will never tell you this and they bury it on search engines by blasting out a ton of BS that shows up first!}; And of course the teen epidemic is back.

Now Biden is going wild with executive actions to achieve much of the Liberal agenda that he would have a hard time passing in congress.

A few months ago the prime minister of India outlawed all vaping and vaping products and there are now Draconian laws for even possession of vape products, including vape juice and hardware, with jail sentences included. Tell me it can't happen here ??? Tell me Biden will not accept any more money from that billionaire control freak who finances politicians and hates all tobacco and vapes???

A hundred years ago they did it with alcohol {Prohibition} which had a lot more drinkers than there are now tobacco users - What's to stop them from doing it now??? - And can it be done through executive action alone, catching us all by surprise ???

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I bring this up now because the media is starting the anti-vaping campaign again - Statements broadcast on the mainstream news about smoking and vaping making Covid 19 much worse {there is in fact evidence that smoking, and probably vaping protects people from developing Covid in the first place - But they will never tell you this and they bury it on search engines by blasting out a ton of BS that shows up first!}; And of course the teen epidemic is back.

Now Biden is going wild with executive actions to achieve much of the Liberal agenda that he would have a hard time passing in congress.

A few months ago the prime minister of India outlawed all vaping and vaping products and there are now Draconian laws for even possession of vape products, including vape juice and hardware, with jail sentences included. Tell me it can't happen here ??? Tell me Biden will not accept any more money from that billionaire control freak who finances politicians and hates all tobacco and vapes???

A hundred years ago they did it with alcohol {Prohibition} which had a lot more drinkers than there are now tobacco users - What's to stop them from doing it now??? - And can it be done through executive action alone, catching us all by surprise ???

Sure... Biden could get out his Big Pen and issue an Executive Order regarding e-Cigarettes. But ask yourself, What would be Accomplished by doing this that Can't be Accomplished thru the PMTA Process? And what would be the Political Gain to be had by doing it?

Does Biden want to be Front and Center of the War on e-Cigarettes with Majorities teetering on a Knife Edge? When all he has to do is let the FSTCA playout with FDA/CTP leadership of his choice.

Not telling the Enemy anything new. But if I was Biden I would Pocket the entire e-Cigarette thing for now. The Media is resurrecting e-Cigarette FUD as a means to exert pressure on an FDA Commissionaire pick. And that's Fine. But I would resist the Urge to grab Cheap Headlines. And pull the e-Cigarette card out of my pocket as we start to do the Mid-Term runup.

By then, the FDA/CTP should have it's hands Firmly Around the Throat of the e-Cigarette Market. And you can Craft your Position based on the Amount of Blowback received.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That is Interesting.

Because the FDA announced on Jan 19th that they had Finalized the PMTA Rules...

FDA Marks Historic Public Health Milestone with Finalization of Two Key Rules for Companies Seeking to Market New Tobacco Products.

... and that they were off to the OFR (Office of the Federal Register).

Looks like they Now have been Yanked back.
Honestly I wasn't sure exactly what it meant but sounded like there might be a bit of breathing room. Read in Detroit they seized a shipment of none approved gear though. It's just a mess trying to figure out where exactly we stand on any given day.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Honestly I wasn't sure exactly what it meant but sounded like there might be a bit of breathing room. Read in Detroit they seized a shipment of none approved gear though. It's just a mess trying to figure out where exactly we stand on any given day.

If I felt the New Leadership at HHS and the FDA/CTP was going to be more receptive to e-Cigarettes (and THR in general) I would be Cautiously Optimistic.

But Biden's Party hasn't exactly been a Friend to the e-Cigarette market. And I Don't think Biden strays too far from the Party Line.

Pulling Back this Final Rule set is a Great Unknown.

Reactions: Letitia

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Right now it seems Biden's only agenda is erasing Trump. Not that I'm opposed to that but starting everything from scratch is a waste of resources and time imo.

Biden Definitely has a Lot on his Plate right now. And the 50|50 Split in the Senate Isn't helping things.

All Presidents "Clean House" when the Party in the WH changes. But in Biden's case, the level of Media Attention is off the charts.

Last edited:

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
So far nothing much has changed, except the outlawing of flavored pre-filled pods - And wasn't that done by an Executive order by Trump?

But, and I'Ve been watching this for maybe five or more years, there is a media prejudice against vaping, more so than lit cigarettes, drugs {except maybe opioids, alcohol, or any other habit a teenager might latch on to.
It is a matter of record that the billionaire 'control freak' spent over a 150 million dollars for just this purpose alone - Supposedly this is just to prevent youth - But you know it will never stop there - First requiring age verification for purchase, than interfering with how vape products are sold, now outlawing postal delivery - You see they will finally decide as long as the product is legal youth will find a way of getting it and therefor it must be outlawed completely
- 'Control freaks' like Blumnuts {sic] are very sick people and the disease they spread [Controlfreakism} is always more dangerous and deadly than what they are trying to control
{ie. Alcohol>Prohibition> A greatly expanded Underworld with many deaths misery and social waste
of lives and resources}.
I'm all for Capitalism and making money - but we really need some sort of control over how that money is used to control things that pertain to the public
- Why should a billionaire be able tell you what he wants you to do because he feel like it ???
He did run against Biden in the Presidential election
- But in his current form as Democrat he supposedly supports Democratic candidates - How much did he give to Biden's campaign? {Information not available because of 'Citizens United'}
- Is Biden in his pocket? Can he order Biden to outlaw vaping completely?????

"ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY" !!!

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    That is Interesting.

Because the FDA announced on Jan 19th that they had Finalized the PMTA Rules...

FDA Marks Historic Public Health Milestone with Finalization of Two Key Rules for Companies Seeking to Market New Tobacco Products.

... and that they were off to the OFR (Office of the Federal Register).

Looks like they Now have been Yanked back.

Well, this is certainly interesting.

Btw, how do you delete a post on this forum. I hit post too soon for a previous post.

Reactions: YoursTruli

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Right now it seems Biden's only agenda is erasing Trump.
    Thank gawd! Maybe following the precident set by his predecessor, but in his case with the intention of repairing damage inflicted rather than reckless deconstruction.
    But, between 4000+ people dying daily from a pandemic and the urgency of confronting a climactic emergency, and a serious national security threat from within, I hardly think vaping is on the short to-do list.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    Elections have consequences. Yeah, Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are influential. But, even they take a back seat to the pressing issues facing us today.
    Such as this:
    With Biden Team Focused On Other Crises, Experts Say Drug Epidemic Is Exploding
    With Biden Team Focused On Other Crises, Experts Say Drug Epidemic Is Exploding

And, and I don't know where he got the info, on the Jimmy Kimmel night show he stated cigarette smoking has been going up since the pandemic began.

Still maybe it is only the true believers such as us, who might suggest people take up vaping instead
    - Much, much safer than taking drugs or smoking cigarettes !

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Elections have consequences. Yeah, Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are influential. But, even they take a back seat to the pressing issues facing us today.
    They should take a back seat to the pressing issues facing us today, of course, but they don't. Just look at how the mailing restrictions that are around the corner were slipped into a budget/relief bill.

Biden signs an unrelated bill that has an anti-vaping amendment tacked on and, poof, possession of vape gear is illegal. Some advisor of some sort reminds him of a paper that speculates there may be a possibility that vaping might potentially increase susceptibility to or risk from COVID19 and, poof, there's a "temporary moratorium" on all sales of all vaping products that lasts just long enough to drive every purveyor out of business and for Big Pharma to ready it's prescription-only vaping products for market. Or whatever. Biden's only the president; the money rules.

i envy your idealism, truly. My observations, though, have taught that the old adage of "follow the money" always holds true.

• Agree
    Reactions: borno

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    i envy your idealism, truly. My observations, though, have taught that the old adage of "follow the money" always holds true.
    I'm a little old for the idealism you think you perceive.
    Also, too old for the nihilism so common today.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: thanswr1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread