Blown ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pope

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2010
New Jersey
I charged my ego this afternoon after getting it back and used it for the evening. After about a hour it stopped working. It won't take a charge and I know the carto is still good. The ego is only a week old. What in the world. This day has been a rollercoaster ride. I don't know how I am going to make it on one 510 battery. Someone point me in the direction of a decent mod that I can change the stupid battery in.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I have purchased all but one of my mods, in the classifieds. I think Mods are very personal, and since they are all so different, it's hard to tell what they will really be like, feel like, etc, until you actually hold one.

The mods go quickly in the classifieds, but as long as you check the feedback of the seller, I think you can find great deals there.

Sorry to hear about all your bad luck :(

duby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
atlanta
GLV mini uses one 16340 for 3.7v
GLV can use a 16340 and a spacer, or an 17670(maybe) for 3.7v.
For 6v it can use 2x 3v 16340s (rcr123a) stacked.
For 5V it has a fixed resistor built into the device to drop the voltage off the 6v stack.
If you go with the 5V model you are pretty much stuck at 5V. Unless you purchase a different head/switch assembly to swap out. Additional head caps are $45

Madvapes has a few inexpensive box mods.
Custom Mods
They are not great, but if you are one a budget and don't want to build your own its a solid device for a very reasonable price. They ship from North Carolina and shipping is usually quick any where on the east coast.

Janty stick is not a bad choice. It seems to perform as expected for a battery of its size and capacity. I personally see no need in a mod with a smaller capacity than an ego. Couple that with the price tag and I've grown to despise this mod, but other people love it and speak highly of it.

Did you say you got your ego from Tasty Vapor? I'm not sure if Geoff is honoring warranties on parts anymore. Hopefully he'll help you out though. Geoff's a good guy. Those weren't egos then btw. They are knock offs. Riva's I believe. The knock offs have had more failures than real Joye Egos.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Janty stick is not a bad choice. It seems to perform as expected for a battery of its size and capacity. I personally see no need in a mod with a smaller capacity than an ego. Couple that with the price tag and I've grown to despise this mod, but other people love it and speak highly of it.

I see no reason to despise it, the replacement batts are like $5 ea, and it works as a PT also. It just is what it is. Takes up space and works fine.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Did you say you got your ego from Tasty Vapor? I'm not sure if Geoff is honoring warranties on parts anymore. Hopefully he'll help you out though. Geoff's a good guy. Those weren't egos then btw. They are knock offs. Riva's I believe. The knock offs have had more failures than real Joye Egos.

I have both the Riva and the Ego, and although I don't use them on a regular basis, I haven't had any problems with either. (my Riva I got in the classifieds too, BTW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread