Blu e cig sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

undefind

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
California
i read a lot of reviews about the Blu. about 90 percent of them were GREAT and i expected an outstanding product. after getting it in the mail today and getting the little to no vapor symptom that everyone seems to have, i have come to the conclusion that Blu e cig sucks!

now i have a question. i have been looking around the forums and i cant find any definitive "top 10" reviews or the like.

is there a no bull crap list of the best e cigs out there?
i like a moderate throat hit and vapor. i also smoked about 15 Marlboro lights a day for 15 years. i am sorry for sounding a little put off, but i am just irritated at teh fake reviews that led me here and the money i have lost.

thank you.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Ya Blu got me too...and I did my research before buying....just in all the wrong places.
Lot of folks started out that way. It's alright. At least you didnt get zapped by one of mall venders selling the same thing for 200.00
And you havnt really lost money on the Blu...they have a 30 day guarantee if your still in that you can return it.

From the Blu I went with a 510, was happy with the throat hit and vapor....but not the battery life but I was a much much heavier smoker then you are.

Top ten list...well everyone's a little different but in short the most popular newbie recommendations are.
510's
808's
and an ego/riva/ect (if they are over the Must Look like a cig! stage of this)

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
i read a lot of reviews about the Blu. about 90 percent of them were GREAT and i expected an outstanding product. after getting it in the mail today and getting the little to no vapor symptom that everyone seems to have, i have come to the conclusion that Blu e cig sucks!

now i have a question. i have been looking around the forums and i cant find any definitive "top 10" reviews or the like.

i like a moderate throat hit and vapor. i also smoked about 15 Marlboro lights a day for 15 years. i am sorry for sounding a little put off, but i am just irritated at teh fake reviews that led me here and the money i have lost.

thank you.

For a beginning vaper, do yourself a favor and pick up an eGo kit from Puresmoker.com. They're $50 right now (not affiliated, just an awesome price :))

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I dont where you read the reviews but if they were on the Blu website, well they may not have been as objective as you thought.
Popular PV are the 510 (inc the 510 eGo, and clones like Riva and Hello) which is a 3 piece unit and Kr8 (marketed by one company as a V4L) which is a 2 piece.
A good place to start looking at PV is our Library section, specifically the 'wonderful world of vaping' by Don DaBoomvape. It lists the most popular brands and their various rebranded names - it also has a lot of pictures :)

undefind

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
California
wow, i wasnt expecting so many educated responses.

and yes, i plan on sending my Blu back, but i have about 5 carts that i already opened trying to troubleshoot or whatever. i assumed i wouldnt be able to get the refund if i sent them opened carts.

anyway, i will definitely look at the library. thanks for the suggestions :)

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a Blu and I really like it. I also have 510's, 5v, juice box, 901's, DSE 905 etc. Each are different vaping experiences and you will find lots of people who like and dislike each of these as well.
What I saying is that the Blu is not for everyone AND it does work for some of us.
One thing I do is refill it with my own juice and not what comes with it. IMO it makes a huge difference.
If I was going to buy another PV right now and $$$ was not object, I would probably go with one of the tube mods that uses 510 cartomizers.
Here a link.
e-Cig Mod Database | e-Cig Battery Tube Mods

Keep vaping. Congrats on letting go of those icky smokes.

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yea I fell for the Blu marketing push and sent those silly sticks right back, popped on an Tornado and now vaping on a 5v........another the eGo, Tornado, Riva train is the way to go IMO. East mall has Rivas for $55 shipped. Add a pach of 510 LR attys while you are there and you will be caught up with the rest of us, well me anyway.....goodluck!!!

Oh and you can vape up all those carts and still get your $$$$ back.

thank you.

lol hey im sorry to say that most will agree that blu is prolly the worst. i use a joye 510 you can get it at ecigmall.com for 35 dollars shipped.

my friend started with a blu and now hes with me on the 510

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Yeah, it's a common experience. Fortunately I got to try out a Blu my friend had before I made the same mistake...

If you want relatively small and cig-like, the best models out there, everyone seems to agree, are the 510 and the Kr808D-1 (Kr8). Both are a bit longer/wider than a 100 cigarette though. I personally have a Kr8, and I love it.

If you don't care so much about the size and want longer battery life, go for an eGo or Riva.

If you don't care at all about the size and want really souped-up performance, go for a mod. The Chuck, GLV, Buzz, etc, all get really good reviews around here.

Personally, I like my Kr8. And I think I'll be sticking to it for a while. I'm a writer, and I like something I can hold easily between my fingers as I type, because smoking and writing were always like 2+2 to me. I'm doing it right now, in fact.

But even a standard e-cig, like the Kr8 or the 510, will still give you more throat hit and vapor than a cigarette does. I've had one cig since I got my Kr8 3 weeks ago, and in addition to tasting terrible, it was seriously weak sauce compared to my Kr8.

undefind

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
California
thanks for the info mistress.

i just started to type that i didnt want that much throat hit, but maybe i shouldnt be too picky and limit myself. i recall a post made by someone saying not to limit yourself by any one thing. i also read somewhere else that there is a chance that i eventually wont care if my ecig is nothing like a real cig. having said that, i am in the military and i dont want this giant tubule looking thing that could get me in trouble. perception is everything in the Air Force.

so the 510 seems to be very popular around here. the kr8 seems like a good choice too. i was thinking i should go for the manual battery but i drive and smoke so i am afraid i will wreck doing that. but which 510 to order? where to order it from? i want to buy juice and make my own carts, does the 510 offer this easily? i saw the video of that guy using the pyramid tea bag mod, and i am very intrigued.

holy cow! i am so overwhelmed right now. im looking in your library and vendor list. its massive! i have done a lot of research before, purchasing and for college, but this is kinda ridiculous...

freedom usa sounds good, but there is something about the site i dont trust. one stop DIY shop looks interesting and is definitely the type of thing i am looking for. there are just so many places to buy from. i guess i will prolly go for the Joy 510 since it seems to be on every site i have looked at so far. thinking of going with the 510 pcc kit on clouds of vapor.

sigh, so much to read.

My two cents... if anyone wants it... since I started vaping, I ran into a number of people with the Blu... its a 50/50 crapshoot as to whether they liked it or not. I know those who swear by it, I know others who put it in a drawer and moved on to another product such as a Joye 510, eGo, Riva, etc. In my opinion, its completely subjective. The fact that there are actually so many who have been dissatisfied with the product tells me that it is NOT a quality product. Again, Opinion... and my opinion about those who enjoy it - leaves me wondering how many have tried any other vaping products? I know only two who HAVE and still like their Blu - albeit they enjoy other products more.

I would recommend anyone who is considering a Blu - to at least look into other products first. You'll have more success with vaping, and you'll not be buying something different a week or two later. Check out your options is the only advice I have to anyone considering moving to an electronic cig.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I just sent my BLU kit back ad they have a new return policy, you have to return alll the unused cartridges and they deduct for the used ones so don't use anymore.

Hmmm, looks like *someone* is losing a lot of their profit margin. Maybe they should focus in improving their product... a conditional return policy is a great big warning bell to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread