Bo Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So the other day I found my old (and busted) Fuma cig-a-like. Hmmm, I kinda liked that thing (forgetting how truely awful it was). So I set out today to find a 2018 version. I bought a pen type thing. Well more like a carpenter pencil. It's a very portable device that disappears into a shirt pocket. It has pre-filled cartridges slated for about 350 mtl puffs. Eh, overall it's a pretty good idea for a starter but...

How does it vape? Well first puff was a doozy. Berry flavored 50ml 50/50 nic salt put out a huge drag first try. But I soon remembered why I did not smoke for 30-45 minutes after a couple of drags from my Fuma. I could not, even if I wanted to.

Good Gosh!!!! That thing had me woozy. I took a drag while driving up to a round about. Uh, not my best idea ever. I made it but Mrs. States noted I was driving about 12mph while everyone else was going 40+. I said "I'm so high right now".

Trouble is, as soon as I was done choking I lit up a cigarette. I just don't dig 50/50 mix nor nic salt. But I really think the bo would be a good quit device for some who need a jolt of nicotine to stop urges and can tolerate 50%vg. It's very consistant without the need for a fire button. Easily fits in small spaces and provides a lot of output without a lot of effort.
If you leave the cartridge about 0.5mm from being pushed in all the way it still makes contact but lets in lots of extra air.

I'll try it at work this week and when the cartridge is empty will see about a way to refill it. I saw how on a stoners youtube. And then I'll try some madhatters grapleberry 25ml nic salt mixed with a 3ml skittles sauce that is a max vg.

I already tried that concoction in my Sourin Air and found it very smooth.

IMG-20181027-222242.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I went from their 'berry' to a 'butterscotch tobacco' and liked it a lot more. Much less harsh.

I did like the recharge feature. The guy at the shop says these are an updated version with better reliability and practically leak free cartridges. It sounds like they worked out some issues from the previous versions.

Reactions: stols001

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Good Gosh!!!! That thing had me woozy.

5% is very high. I wouldn't come to a conclusion about nic salts based on that. I'd also feel woozy if I vaped that high concentration. I'd recommend trying 25mg/ml. That's what got me off cigarettes.

I'm off cigarettes for good. Now I'm working on quitting vaping. I use serial dilutions to wean myself off the nicotine. Getting closer!

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Is it NR-R-NR wire or simple wire? How is the vape from the BO compared to other similar devices like the Smok Infinix and Fit or the Myblu or Vladdin RE?
    NR-R-NR wire, but the NR part is so short cant see it making much difference. Ive already put a new coil in one.

I prefer it to Smoks, better vape quality and flavour. Leaves the Von Erl in the dust, havent tried the Vladdin yet.

Reactions: smoked25years

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    Starting to build up my BO collection again, they smashed it with these new pods.

View attachment 777781
    View attachment 777783

It seems that they are offering different concentrations in Europe. I only see 35mg/ml and 50mg/ml on their own web store and from dealers in the USA. But it is good to know it's another option for a refillable/rebuildable.

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    No, needs to come apart before you can refill. Sharp model knife round the seam until it pops free.

I laid a pod on a hard surface and applied the sharp edge of a steak knife between the bottom part and pod the big part. I did a small amout of saw to get a slight groove started.
    From there, once the knife had begun a groove I twisted like trying to get two pieces apart via flathead screwdriver and viola.

I really thought sauce would spill galore, but it was a fairly clean operation. The pod had a bit of vacuum so it took about a minute for all remaining sauce to pour out. I set it on a paper towel to get what remained. After about 2 minutes I moved it to another location on the paper towel and no stain took place. Done.

Using a glass bottle dropper was a bit messy, but not bad. I used a low power flashlight on the backside to cast light my direction for easy to see filling. Put the bottom part back on, cinche it down for good measure and now the stick is charging while I wait to see if it leaks on that same paper towel. No leak.

I would think if you don't dig on the former flavor perhaps a new wick is in order. I'm just going to puff on mine until it's gone. I put in a 6ml sauce of strawberry/ guava/ nectorine 60/40vg/pg.

Like someone said elsewhere about another device; if you only get to refill once you've at least cut the cost of pods in half. Me? I just don't want to use 5% nicotine. Too strong for me.

Reactions: dansus
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread