Boba insights needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
Boba's Bounty 100 ml purchased 9/28/13. Clean graham cracker taste in Kanger PT2 until yesturday when I started to get an acrid chemical taste--not unlike that of a burnt carto. Tried diferent heads (6 different heads--some used some new), tried dry burned and no dry burn, soaked in PGA or just hot water, tried even brand new heads straight from the bubble package. Soaked tank in white vinegar and refilled with BB. Finally gave up on the PT2 and used a clean rda. Still the same acrid chemical taste. Does BB change taste over time. Does it go "bad"? I've gotten heavy into NETs the past 2 weeks. Is it common for your taste buds to change that much from NETs? Any suggestions or ideas welcome. BB is my ADV/EDV and I'd like it back.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is my question too. I have had two flavors from a local BMW turn from being pretty good to bitter and burnt over the course of a single day. Switched up tanks, heads, etc. Other juices are fine. Next time I feel brave enough I am going to try a higher resistance head and see if that fixes the issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I've found that Boba's taste changes over time and it also tastes different on different devices. My very first experience with Boba's was on a PT with a new stock head. I thought it was outstanding. The head gunked up pretty quickly and had to be changed out after a tank. After changing the head out I never got the same taste out of a protank again. I even started rebuilding my heads and still couldn't get the flavor I wanted. I then switched to Vivi Novas and got much better flavor. But alas, the heads gunked up to the point I was changing/rebuilding them on almost a daily basis.

I got an Igo-L dripper and that improved things greatly. Even more so after learning about micro coils and cotton wicking. I even rebuilt the head on a PT2 with a microcoil and cotton, but it didn't have the same flavor as the IGO-L.

Currently I'm using a Reo Grand with RM2 rebuildable. Micro coils and cotton. Great taste. I believe the REO was designed to be used with high VG juices. With the micro coil and cotton as a wick it's easy to clean. Just pull out the old cotton, dry burn the coil to get the gunk off and re wick. I don't pull the cotton through the coil but rather let the coil sit in a little pillow of cotton. Changing it is a breeze. With Boba's and other gunky juices I change the wick several times a day. This has proven to be the best, hassle free way to vape Bobas out of all the methods I've tried. Each way does make the flavor different and sometimes I switch to another juice for a day or two as to not burn out my taste buds.

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
I've found that Boba's taste changes over time and it also tastes different on different devices. My very first experience with Boba's was on a PT with a new stock head. I thought it was outstanding. The head gunked up pretty quickly and had to be changed out after a tank. After changing the head out I never got the same taste out of a protank again. I even started rebuilding my heads and still couldn't get the flavor I wanted. I then switched to Vivi Novas and got much better flavor. But alas, the heads gunked up to the point I was changing/rebuilding them on almost a daily basis.

I got an Igo-L dripper and that improved things greatly. Even more so after learning about micro coils and cotton wicking. I even rebuilt the head on a PT2 with a microcoil and cotton, but it didn't have the same flavor as the IGO-L.

Currently I'm using a Reo Grand with RM2 rebuildable. Micro coils and cotton. Great taste. I believe the REO was designed to be used with high VG juices. With the micro coil and cotton as a wick it's easy to clean. Just pull out the old cotton, dry burn the coil to get the gunk off and re wick. I don't pull the cotton through the coil but rather let the coil sit in a little pillow of cotton. Changing it is a breeze. With Boba's and other gunky juices I change the wick several times a day. This has proven to be the best, hassle free way to vape Bobas out of all the methods I've tried. Each way does make the flavor different and sometimes I switch to another juice for a day or two as to not burn out my taste buds.

Agree. I've had juices go south some after the first tank, but BB was my daily all day and until yesterday it was always true. Maybe I'm catching a cold or something, but everything else but BB tastes fine.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Interesting that you posted this. I ordered some Boba on 9/27/13. I was really expecting something great because of all the discussion, I figure that many people can't be wrong. I tried it about a week after receiving it and got an awful taste so I thought it needed some time to age. Yesterday, I had the exact experience--the first few draws it tasted great in a PT2--after that--just like you an acrid chemical awful taste. Dumped it out, and started over with a Vivi Nova--exact same thing again. I haven't done cartos yet and the only other thing I have to try it with is an evod. Planning to do that soon. I just didn't want to 'taste' the awful taste again and went on to one of my reliable juices.
I wonder if it could be a bad batch--I only ordered a small bottle and was glad that I had not ordered more.

Boba's Bounty 100 ml purchased 9/28/13. Clean graham cracker taste in Kanger PT2 until yesturday when I started to get an acrid chemical taste--not unlike that of a burnt carto. Tried diferent heads (6 different heads--some used some new), tried dry burned and no dry burn, soaked in PGA or just hot water, tried even brand new heads straight from the bubble package. Soaked tank in white vinegar and refilled with BB. Finally gave up on the PT2 and used a clean RDA. Still the same acrid chemical taste. Does BB change taste over time. Does it go "bad"? I've gotten heavy into NETs the past 2 weeks. Is it common for your taste buds to change that much from NETs? Any suggestions or ideas welcome. BB is my ADV/EDV and I'd like it back.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX

^^^ I'm having the same problem with the protanks and high viscosity juices. And yeah, the REO/RM2 is my next step!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread