Boba's Bounty Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
Join BBA here. from 12ml to 100ml, no 6ml'ers please. discuss the spout top or maybe whether you prefer to vape BB over sleeping. I turn to ECF for a little boba love. Tell your Boba's Bounty Stories here. The juice is just so amazing, AVE juice is just open minutes a day, and because of this I have ordered 160mls in 3 different orders. I feel like I need to stock up, and can never have enough. I ordered an Atom Bomb, Genesis Atty, just to see if I can get even more flavor and vapor. Is there a king of all Bobadom? Right now I'm a little Bobanuts :blink:

Last edited:

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
IMAG0066.jpg Just use a Boge LR single coil carto, Black only (Stainless are having issues now). Boba Does great in this carto. I find that Boge's work with with Boba's much better than Smoktech DC's. Trust me on this.

I hate vaping Boba' in my Vivi Nova!!! Vivi Nova gives no Boba love IMHO, at least mine doesn't. I get either a burnt taste or muted depending on the coil ohm. For this reason I am not a fan of the Vivi Nova.

I just tried Boba's and liked it alot, but I still don't think my Nova's are wicking it well after the first couple of vapes.
I want the FULL experience you guys preach about. :laugh:

You guys mostly using RBAs or DCT tanks for the infamous Boba's?

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Nothing compares. I've been around, and I cannot vape anything like I vape this stuff. It will most likely be the stuff I vape until I quit. I ventured out and tried a new vendor recently... I don't think I'll be doing that anytime again, not soon anyways.

I vape Boba's in good ole fashioned Joye attys, Boge cartos, in the Viva Nova (rewicked), and in my Phoenix rba. All on the ProVari, steady at ~7-8watts. Boo ya.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
My favorite thing to do is vape any other flavor for a few hours and then return to Bobas because those beautiful nuances return. After a while of vaping nothing but Bobas, those hidden flavors disappear.

I've dubbed the phenomena "taste acclimation". If I had to guess it works along the same system as auditory acclimation. I now realize perhaps I should explain what that is, LOL. Auditory acclimation is when a repeated (annoying) noise is heard throughout a day/week/month and the listener learns to "tune it out". In reality it is the brains way of discarding useless (or possibly insanity causing) signals in order to stay focused on possible threats and new experiences.

This was discovered during major military testing of psychological warfare technologies. They found that by alternating the intensity and repetition of their "ear ammo" they could bypass this primal function of the brain and make people crazy enough to come out from under cover.

So, long story short. If I had to guess I would say it is the same process but via the tongue. So by alternating your vape you get rid of it.

... wow I am a wordy geek. (not an apiphany, rather a re-affirmation)

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
I actually love your PG blueberry Cheesecake, Porphy, but just not on the same level as Boba's. The PG BB CC is divine, no doubt, and my second favorite vape. In fact I'm gonna go vape it now :)

I've dubbed the phenomena "taste acclimation". If I had to guess it works along the same system as auditory acclimation. I now realize perhaps I should explain what that is, LOL. Auditory acclimation is when a repeated (annoying) noise is heard throughout a day/week/month and the listener learns to "tune it out". In reality it is the brains way of discarding useless (or possibly insanity causing) signals in order to stay focused on possible threats and new experiences.

This was discovered during major military testing of psychological warfare technologies. They found that by alternating the intensity and repetition of their "ear ammo" they could bypass this primal function of the brain and make people crazy enough to come out from under cover.

So, long story short. If I had to guess I would say it is the same process but via the tongue. So by alternating your vape you get rid of it.

... wow I am a wordy geek. (not an apiphany, rather a re-affirmation)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I actually love your PG blueberry Cheesecake, Porphy, but just not on the same level as Boba's. The PG BB CC is divine, no doubt, and my second favorite vape. In fact I'm gonna go vape it now :)

I don't know how that stuff is compared to the Blueberry Crumble, but man, that stuff is fantastic as well.

I always want to purchase additional flavors when I'm ordering my Boba's, but, I am afraid my wallet will murder me in my sleep.

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
Uh oh, I may actually have to become part of this group now.
I ordered BB and GJ as samples to try right before AV moved, tried to drip on an ego atomizer, which didn't work out so well. :facepalm:
So I left it alone so I wouldn't run out for a few weeks and I just filled a tank this morning to try it again.

HOLY :censored:!!!! WOW! This is the first juice I've bought where steeping and the right equipment make a remarkable difference.

Just amazing, don't know what else to say right now.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I don't know how that stuff is compared to the Blueberry Crumble, but man, that stuff is fantastic as well.

I always want to purchase additional flavors when I'm ordering my Boba's, but, I am afraid my wallet will murder me in my sleep.

Might shoot myself in the foot here but BB CC and BBC are nearly the same. Crumble has one additional (crumbly) flavor.

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
Uh Oh, it only gets better too. I forgot about GJ, its been so long, I love GJ too!!

Glad you are experiencing some Boba Magic. Keep on Vaping it.

Uh oh, I may actually have to become part of this group now.
I ordered BB and GJ as samples to try right before AV moved, tried to drip on an ego atomizer, which didn't work out so well. :facepalm:
So I left it alone so I wouldn't run out for a few weeks and I just filled a tank this morning to try it again.

HOLY :censored:!!!! WOW! This is the first juice I've bought where steeping and the right equipment make a remarkable difference.

Just amazing, don't know what else to say right now.

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
Nothing compares. I've been around, and I cannot vape anything like I vape this stuff. It will most likely be the stuff I vape until I quit. I ventured out and tried a new vendor recently... I don't think I'll be doing that anytime again, not soon anyways.

I vape Boba's in good ole fashioned Joye attys, Boge cartos, in the Viva Nova (rewicked), and in my Phoenix rba. All on the ProVari, steady at ~7-8watts. Boo ya.

Levitas, do you mind sharing what your rewicking your Vivi Nova with? I've tried with #1/0 Cotton Square Braid Candle Wick and I'm finding it is fine for about a tank and then starts choking and burning the cotton at the coil. Would prefer to stay away from silica, but if it's necessary for BB....then I guess it's necessary ;)

andruc123

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Hi, my name is Andrew and I'm addicted to Boba's Bounty...

It all started 4 days ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. After letting it steep for 3 days I had my first vape. I probably could have stopped right then if I had the motivation, but I continued. By the 3rd vape I knew BB had me locked in its vice-like grip.

I'm not ready to quit, but thanks for letting me share :p

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
Hi, my name is Andrew and I'm addicted to Boba's Bounty...

It all started 4 days ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. After letting it steep for 3 days I had my first vape. I probably could have stopped right then if I had the motivation, but I continued. By the 3rd vape I knew BB had me locked in its vice-like grip.

I'm not ready to quit, but thanks for letting me share :p

:lol::lol: I actually ordered it for hubby as he is still trying to find an ADV. It's not his thing, but has just about taken over as my ADV. His loss!!

craftmath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Wilson, NC
Boba's works well in a rewicked and coiled vivi nova. Take a short piece of 3mm wick (I got the wick at COV and its the same wick I use in my Penelope and Ody). I cut the piece about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Just enough for the wick to hit the walls of the clear tubing in the vivi once assembled. Long wicks, imo do not help. With the short wicks, you will need to invert the vivi every few vapes, only for a second or two. I use 32g kanthal with 4 wraps around the wick and paper clip to achieve a 1.7-1.8ohm coil. 3.5-3.7v seems to work nicely and Boba's is doing fine in it. Ofcourse, I don't chain vape back to back to back to back..... I'll have 3 or 4 vapes, set it down and when I revisit I'll invert the vivi and then vape on. Works great. Flavor bumped Boba's is a must try!

craftmath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Wilson, NC
It may be in my head, but the juice seems to be just a lil bit thinner when its flavor bumped too.....??? I'm sure Porphy can chime in on this. None the less, its great.

I was always a little too timid to try a flavor bumped Boba's. I love it so much as is, one might think that more flavor couldn't do anything but good, but...

Perhaps I'll give it a go with a smaller bottle on my next order.

Gatillero1980

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2012
Cali, Colombia
Once I bumped into Ave's glorious juices @ COV, i had to order 3 - 100ml bottles of Boba's, 1 - 100ml of Hype and some other juices from Bees Knees to Havana Gold.

The Vivi Nova HATES BB, it's a disaster! That's why I'm using it exclusively on the IKV 801 Fusion Cartos because even the Boge's can't handle the truth! besides in the Fusion you can do some serious chain vaping and as you Bobaholics know, chain vaping Boba's is the way to go.

Now to my point, has anybody used Boba's in a Genesis style atomizer? I'm getting one but only if it can handle Boba's.

KillFace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, On.
View attachment 136401 I find that Boge's work with with Boba's much better than Smoktech DC's. Trust me on this.

I have to disagree. BB works well enough in Boges, but it's so thick it literally takes an hour for the initial fill. On the other hand, I really enjoy BB in a ST DC 2.5ohm. It wicks very well, produces a nice fluffy, flavourful vape. The only thing I notice is after 10mls or so have gone through the carto, enough residue has built up that the flavour changes to a more tangy note......not bad, just find a fresh carto tastes better with BB.

As well, ST SC 2.8ohms can do well with BB.....that is when the coil doesn't burn up and drop resistance...(quality issues on these)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
BB works well enough in Boges, but it's so thick it literally takes an hour for the initial fill.

What I do to avoid long filling times:

1.) Drop a couple of drops in the top, it obviously won't soak in immediately, it's Boba's we're talking about here.
2.) Use the carto-condom fill method
3.) The kicker, use a needle to start poking straight down through the filler material in various areas, careful not to poke through the middle air tube.

This will allow the juice to soak a great deal quicker. It's the only way I fill 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread