halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
1) No, unfortunately.
2) Don't know.
3) Sort of.

Check this post from when it was taken down a couple of years ago.
Important Info Re: Bobas, Gorilla Juice & Gryphon's Breath!

Haven't seen it back since, but there are a couple of clones/fakes out there. From all reports they are not very good.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Their Flavor 39 is an approximation of Boba's Bounty. I ordered some right after it came online and liked it a lot, but missing was that raisin-like sweetness of the original.

I remember when AVE would announce Boba's availability here at 9:00 am and be sold out by 10:00.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I'd look into getting some of that Flavor 39. It's as close to Boba's as anyone is going to get.

It's 100% VG and exists in their tobacco line up. Now, the taste of tobacco will up to you ;).

Even though I DIY now, I'd still consider getting some.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Their Flavor 39 is an approximation of Boba's Bounty. I ordered some right after it came online and liked it a lot, but missing was that raisin-like sweetness of the original.

I remember when AVE would announce Boba's availability here at 9:00 am and be sold out by 10:00.

I'd look into getting some of that Flavor 39. It's as close to Boba's as anyone is going to get.

It's 100% VG and exists in their tobacco line up. Now, the taste of tobacco will up to you ;).

Even though I DIY now, I'd still consider getting some.

Gotta hunt some down in the UK now.
    I had a look on their site and they can ship it here

A 30ml bottle of 39 would cost me £50 to the doorstep!
    I doubt it tastes that good, lol.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    A 30ml bottle of 39 would cost me £50 to the doorstep! I doubt it tastes that good, lol.

I doubt Boba's would taste that good, either. ;)

The original recipe was the most coveted, which then changed to be not as good a few times over the last 5 or more years. AVE didn't want to keep with the wholesale flavoring companies increasing their prices.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    AVE didn't want to keep with the wholesale flavoring companies increasing their prices.

That wasn't it at all. One of the component flavorings is no longer made, which made recreating the exact original virtually impossible.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    That wasn't it at all. One of the component flavorings is no longer made, which made recreating the exact original virtually impossible.

I know that happened.

But earlier, at one point, I swear I read Porphy somewhere say they weren't going to turn Boba's into a premium line when one of their other vendors started stroking them on another main flavor component before they finally discontinued making it.

Wait, no.... that was about Raf-a-licious. Sorry :(

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Bobas was a really good juice for sure and was supposed to be 100vg, but it never seemed to me like it was. It wasn't overly thick imo, and had full flavor. Haven't tried the 39 stuff though....man I wish I had a bottle of the original recipe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

billybc96

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    There's a flavor concentrate named Boba's from NOVA Liquides, a French company (available as of 2014, I think). It is sometimes available at Vappora.com, but is currently out of stock, though other NOVA Liquides stuff is in stock there. It is also available from a few suppliers in Europe. I'm thinking about ordering a few 10ml bottles of it from a Spanish supplier, but the shipping cost is a bit steep - what with the current Dollar to Euro currency exchange rate, etc.

I've not tried it yet. Non-English reviews appear to be very good. The only English review I could find on this stuff was very good as well, but by someone who never tried the original Boba's Bounty. There is also the Arom'Team Bob' Passion concentrate flavor (their words, not mine) available from Arom'Team, which is another French company. Reviews on that are very good too, but mostly in French, so I can't tell if any of the reviewers tasted the original either. It is slightly cheaper (in Euros), but I haven't followed up with how much they would charge to ship to the U.S.

The French appear to have really liked Boba's Bounty, and have put some strong efforts into copying its flavor over there, which seems to have mostly gone unnoticed here in the states. Sooner or later I'm going to try these flavor concentrates and report back my impressions - though I've not had the pleasure of vaping the original Boba's Bounty for many years now.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2010
    I know that happened.

But earlier, at one point, I swear I read Porphy somewhere say they weren't going to turn Boba's into a premium line when one of their other vendors started stroking them on another main flavor component before they finally discontinued making it.

Wait, no.... that was about Raf-a-licious. Sorry :(

I remember that, and it's exactly why I think RY4 was one of the three "tobaccos" in Boba's, because I'm assuming Raf-a-licious is a form of RY4. About the time they were having trouble with Raf, the whole thing went awry. I could be wrong, though.

I know this is an old thread, but apparently it's still alive, so just throwing out some thoughts...

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I remember that, and it's exactly why I think RY4 was one of the three "tobaccos" in Boba's, because I'm assuming Raf-a-licious is a form of RY4. About the time they were having trouble with Raf, the whole thing went awry. I could be wrong, though.

I know this is an old thread, but apparently it's still alive, so just throwing out some thoughts...
    Raf, Boba's and C&D where my first online purchases after joining ECF.

At the time, I believed Raf was the Ry4.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2010
    I guess we will never know. We don't have the exact ingredients, and even those aren't manufactured any more, or are cost-prohibitive.

I only bought one small bottle, but it was very nice. From what I've read since then, what I bought wasn't even the original, so I can't imagine what the first recipe tasted like.

I guess I can just be happy I'm not smoking now. And I use unflavored 99.9% of the time anyway, so all is good.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I was able to get my hands on a small bottle of Bobas Bounty back in the day after all the hype. Didn't like it. Decided to let it steep. Tried it again and again over a few months. Still didn't like it.

I don't like Honey Graham Crackers, and that is what I tasted when I vaped Boba's. I eventually ended up selling my bottle to a co-worker for a good price.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Sooner or later I'm going to try these flavor concentrates and report back my impressions - though I've not had the pleasure of vaping the original Boba's Bounty for many years now.

Please let us know.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

billybc96

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    I ordered several 10ml bottles of that NOVA Boba's flavor concentrate from the Spanish supplier. The locally ordered 3mg 75/25 VG/PG base to add it to has already arrived, but the concentrate from Spain will probably take quite awhile to get here. I'll report back my initial impressions of the combo to this thread, once I have the Boba's flavor concentrate on hand to work with.

It's been a very long time since I've actually had the original, so it will likely be impossible for me to judge how truly accurate the flavor is, or isn't. The most I will likely be able to do is judge if the new flavor provides the same general flavor profile depth and level of satisfaction. I wish I still had some Boba's Bounty on hand to compare, but it would have steeped for literally years, so...I don't think the flavor would be the same anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread