Bobas bounty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Well, it has been a month so far now since I've ordered that French Boba's flavor concentrate from Spain, and I still have not received the stuff. According to the tracking number, the package is "in transit", which doesn't tell me much. I've got something else, not vaping related at all, ordered about the same time, from Russia, which also just shows as "in transit".

As long as it takes to get vape gear delivered from China (typically for free, unless you want it expedited), it apparently takes much longer to get stuff delivered from Europe - even though it is "closer" (as the crow flies anyway). That, and it costs a pretty penny to ship, even for very basic shipping. Perhaps they would be better off using actual crows to ship their cargo, rather than whatever they are apparently using instead?

Boba's flavor concentrate is still out of stock at the only available U.S. supplier of the stuff, so it doesn't really matter. In the meantime I've been using my flavorless e-liquid base all on its own, which I find to be surprisingly tolerable - and my coils last substantially longer without using any gunky flavoring. Still, I would prefer some flavoring all the same.

Reactions: smacuser

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Of course, as soon as I mention my flavor concentrate order not having arrived yet after waiting a month, the stuff is delivered to me the next day by USPS. I had to sign for it. I was glad I just happened to be home at the time, though it was the middle of the day.

I've created an initial batch of this Boba's e-juice (about 100ml) from the flavor concentrate and my 25/75 PG/VG base, but I'm going to let it steep about two weeks before trying it out. It's a 15/85 flavor concentrate to juice base ratio, or 1ml to 5.6ml. If just using one 10ml bottle of flavor concentrate, you would mix that with 56ml of juice base, so 15% of your final juice mix will be the concentrate.

My initial impression, before steeping, is that the smell of this juice (a sickly semi-sweet, iodine chemical-like smell) does not seem quite right, but it is kind of in the ballpark of how I recall Boba's Bounty smelling - which was also rather chemical-like at first. The juice is also relatively light colored compared to what I recall of how Boba's Bounty looked, which was on the dark side, but the new juice may darken during the two week steep process. I actually hope it doesn't darken too much, because I rather prefer my juices lighter these days.

I will report back how well this stuff vapes in about two weeks.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Let us know :thumbs:.

Iirc, BB also took a while to steep, to perfection, though, it was always hard for me to wait.

Yes, it was hard for me to wait too. Back in those days, I did not stockpile juice as much as I do now, so by the time my juice order arrived I usually I had to start using it right away. I always thought Boba's Bounty was okay without steeping, but it certainly transformed into something even more amazing after steeping a week or two.

• Agree

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Bobas was a really good juice for sure and was supposed to be 100vg, but it never seemed to me like it was. It wasn't overly thick imo, and had full flavor. Haven't tried the 39 stuff though....man I wish I had a bottle of the original recipe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well since this post, I ordered some of this flavor 39 and it's terrible. ..I can't even vape this stuff and steeping didn't matter. Nothing remotely close to bobas

• Agree
Reactions: MacTechVpr

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Well since this post, I ordered some of this flavor 39 and it's terrible. ..I can't even vape this stuff and steeping didn't matter. Nothing remotely close to bobas

Thank you. I was curious about Flavor 39, but I had not read much about. I have been sampling this Boba's flavor concentrate mix as it has been steeping, and so far I am not impressed. It has more than a week of steeping to go, and I'll go ahead and give it that much time and more, to be fair, but my expectations are greatly diminished. So far, I am mostly getting a sharp maple sweet tobacco flavor that doesn't appear to have much flavor depth to it. Further steeping might help. I'll see.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Thank you. I was curious about Flavor 39, but I had not read much about. I have been sampling this Boba's flavor concentrate mix as it has been steeping, and so far I am not impressed. It has more than a week of steeping to go, and I'll go ahead and give it that much time and more, to be fair, but my expectations are greatly diminished. So far, I am mostly getting a sharp maple sweet tobacco flavor that doesn't appear to have much flavor depth to it. Further steeping might help. I'll see.
Hopefully it will at least be a decent vape, even if it doesn't resemble bobas because you surely went through alot to get it....

• Agree

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    @billybc96 I hope you might be surprised in another week or two. Maybe that other brand will come through. I mixed up some INW Gold Ducat that tastes promising. I'll be adding a little this and that to see what happens.

@Zutankhamun Good Life El Kamino has been often compared to BB, if you don't mind a 50/50 blend.

Flavor 39 has all good reviews on their website except for the last, maybe they are all AVE fanboys.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Hopefully it will at least be a decent vape, even if it doesn't resemble bobas because you surely went through alot to get it....

Oh, it's okay stuff as it stands now. It's vapeable enough anyway, especially mixed with some of what I've been vaping recently while I've been wait for the stuff to steep more.

@billybc96 I hope you might be surprised in another week or two. Maybe that other brand will come through. I mixed up some INW Gold Ducat that tastes promising. I'll be adding a little this and that to see what happens.

@Zutankhamun Good Life El Kamino has been often compared to BB, if you don't mind a 50/50 blend.

Flavor 39 has all good reviews on their website except for the last, maybe they are all AVE fanboys.

I find that reviews on supplier websites tend to almost always be positive. Which I find rather suspicious, since 100% of vapers who have tried any vape product are unlikely to agree on anything, especially when it comes to something as subjective as taste. Reviews of AV's Flavor 39 elsewhere, like here on ECF, have been much more mixed, though not terrible for the most part.

Yes, more steeping could hopefully make a big difference. My results with this have not been awful. Since mixing using concentrates has actually turned out to be a pretty economical way to go compared to buying pre-mixed juices (even when ordering the concentrate from Europe), I think I will give that other flavor concentrate a shot as well. I should probably order soon, since it will probably take a freaking month for the stuff to get here.

go_player

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2012
    USA
    With the caveat that I've never had Boba's the thing you have to understand is how bad juice and equipment were back in the day. I started vaping in like... 2011 maybe? No one was talking about which strawberry cream was best back then. We vaped some awful Chinese "Strawberry" on a 3.7 volt eGo and we liked it. We liked it just fine.

So, Boba's was really the first juice that came out that made people say "maybe juice doesn't have to be disgusting. In fact, maybe it can be complex and interesting." I'm not sure it was all that great, really, (though as I said I have never actually tasted it.) But compared to most of the juice around back then it must have been revelatory. I suspect that it would be considered mediocre juice these days, but you never forget your first.

mackman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    With the caveat that I've never had Boba's the thing you have to understand is how bad juice and equipment were back in the day. I started vaping in like... 2011 maybe? No one was talking about which strawberry cream was best back then. We vaped some awful Chinese "Strawberry" on a 3.7 volt eGo and we liked it. We liked it just fine.

So, Boba's was really the first juice that came out that made people say "maybe juice doesn't have to be disgusting. In fact, maybe it can be complex and interesting." I'm not sure it was all that great, really, (though as I said I have never actually tasted it.) But compared to most of the juice around back then it must have been revelatory. I suspect that it would be considered mediocre juice these days, but you never forget your first.

Negatory

go_player

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2012
    USA

Well, as I said, I never tried it, so I’m just guessing. Maybe if I could get some of the original I would be convinced.

I do know that juice is just generally a lot better now than it was then, and I am inclined to think a lot of what was considered amazing juice back then would not hold up well today.

• Agree
    Reactions: dc99

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    If one looks at recipes that include tobaccos, you'll find flavors that are attributed to that juice: Caramel, toasted almond, coconut, cocoa, graham cracker, cinnamon danish swirl, etc (you name it; dessert tobacco).

There were awesome tobaccos available now that don't hold a candle, choose one.

The OP inquired of its availability over three years after its demise.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Skeebo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread