Boiling works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastage

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
Houston, TX
Well it was that time again. I had 4 atomizers that were gunky and clogged up. Popped them in an inch of boiling water for 10 minutes, and swirled em around real good. I completely dried one off and left the others to dry overnight. Seems like it worked great on the first one. We'll see how the others have recovered as they are needed but, so far so good on the boiling! Just gotta make sure they are dried off and blown out completely, and primed with 4-5 drops before using again.

parked

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've never had one go cold on me, they normally just clog up and dont work right until they are cleaned.

I have always boiled mine and I have never lost one
knock on wood ;)
!
I'm a very heavy vaper and still i have never had a problem with any atomizer i have boiling always works for me. Here is a list of atomizers i have had so far

puresmoker 901, pen
janty KB
e-smokeytreats 901, pen

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
i steamed all my atomizers today. 4 901's and 2 penstyle's.

after drying,i tried them. everything went fine.

then i took one penstyle to vape and put the others away.
i dripped a couple of drops,put the cart in and started vaping.

5 minutes later the vapor got less,so i dripped another 2 drops in it.

-nothing-
it didn't even get warm. i thought it was flooded...but no,it died...
i dried it,even took a multimeter to check it's resistance....nothing...
...that one was 2 weeks old....

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
they go cold (dead) because of the wire heater part fails.. they go wimpish because the wick part the wire is wrapped around turns into a sold lump and ceases to be a wick..

the center (positive) part can also turn and break the wire gong to the heater

they also clog with thick goo in the wire wool around the atomizer.. boiling and a good blow out helps with his one.. there is no fix for the other three thow..

trog

Last edited:
Not allowing the built-in cleaning cycle to complete, and instead manually cleaning the atomizers on a regular basis will likely add a great deal to their lifespan I think.

That rapid heating not only results in a foul taste, but it must be hell on both the wick and coil. It sure would be nice if the manufacturers disabled it on their batteries.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Killed? They went cold?
First guess, cold rinse on hot item. Cracking element.
Did you try them the next day when totally dry?
First i heard of one going dead after. Did here of one melting the inside, but it was a cigar body.

Didin't exactly go cold but would only heat up to a certain extent where you can only experience a mild heat. I did not rinse it while it was hot too.

I tried after it was totally dry and tried again after a few days just to make sure. Mine was an 801 atomiser.

After that, i just gave up and bought spares.

How are you with electrical meters?
I could make guesses, all are related to wireing and the tiny plastic gromit inside.
Not making good electrical contact. or the element is shot, weather before or after, couldnt say.
I said before, i never had one go half way, mine are dead, or dead, no inbetween

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Atomizers are about the flakiest thing goin'. 2 of mine acted up the other day so I do what I have always done and they were kaput. After drying....nothing. They were working before that but not heating right....not getting any vapor or hit. Then completely dead. I saved them as someone here said sometimes they "spring back to life"....lol....but they are just too undependable for me. Pains in the ....! :-x

That's why I always have plenty around....just in case :rolleyes:

Lu

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
How are you with electrical meters?
I could make guesses, all are related to wireing and the tiny plastic gromit inside.
Not making good electrical contact. or the element is shot, weather before or after, couldnt say.
I said before, i never had one go half way, mine are dead, or dead, no inbetween

Nope...no technical knowledge. I'll just live with it like i always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread