Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
Since, I searched for such a thread and didn't find it here it is :D

This is a thread for people who enjoy reading as much as vaping. Here we could share our favorite books, recommend them or just ask questions about books.

I am a sci-fi and fantasy fan. I have many books which I love so I will just share my opinion about the last one I read. It was "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman and the book is brilliant !It is basically how every people that have ever come to America have brought their old country deities with them and their faith and a war is brewing between the old gods ( leprechauns, trolls and any kind of mythical creatures) and the new ones ( Media, TV, Money, etc). One of the best books I have ever read .

I even heard that HBO is making a TV series out of it and I sure hope they will deliver and make something that would be even better than Game of Thrones.

So what are your favorits and your recommendations ? :)

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Since you're a Sci Fi fan, I assume you've read Dune? One of my favorites from the genre. Have you read Gregory Keyes? I really liked his Age of Unreason series. I also enjoyed many of R.A. Salvatore's fantasy books back in the day.

My favorite author for the past few years has been Tom Robbins. Jitterbug Perfume and Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates are my two favorites of his.

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
CarbonThief, Dune is one of my all time favorites. The fact that it is a sci-fi written more than half s century ago and still is relevant, probably now more than ever, just proves how good the book is. As for R.A. Salvatore I have read a lot of his books, but right now I am looking or something different.
Thank you for the recommendation I will check out The Age of Unreason and Tom Robbins' books for sure now :toast:

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
I have read all of them I love the Foundation, although I have to admit that I didn't like too much 2001: A Space Odyssey 2001. It is a masterpiece, but it was a bit slow to me and somehow didn't grab me.

Last year while I was reading "Leviathan Wakes" by James S. A. Corey, I got the same feeling like when I was reading the Space Odyssey. I was holding a sci-fi book and there wasn't an once of doubt in me that it was great... but it wasn't too much to my liking. Something was missing.

Anyway , sorry for the late reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread