Bottom Coil Issue - Buyer Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this in the new members forum so newcomers can get a handle on this. Even veteran vaper's might take note.

I purchased a couple of 1.8ohm replacement heads from my local vape shop. No worries, should fit Protank II and MT3s, which is what I asked for and what my sales consultant confirmed. Went to change heads the other day and heard a crack. ...? I unscrewed the barely screwed in base, the head stayed in the tube and the tube was cocked to one side. "This can't be good." So I went over to my sink and tipped the device, out fell the center tube with the head still attached. Once I got over the shock, it was time to investigate.

Turns out that we (the shop and I) did not realize there was a manufacturing issue. I'm including pictures of the problem with annotation. See the threads present on the purchased replacement jammed and allowed a twisting torque on the center shaft (the cracking sound). So buyer beware, check that everything's as it should be on each head. If you see threads, take/send it back.

BCC_Heads.jpg

If anybody knows what the head on the left actually is meant for please let us know. I've searched for an hour and haven't found a correlation to any current product. Perhaps there's something new afoot?

Vape On!

-bruce

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Good looking out my friend ... I, like many others do use Pro tanks and the replacement heads, and I am glad you shared this. I was changing heads today on both an Evod and Davide Mini (luckily without issue), but until I read this post I would have never thought to check for something like threading on the upper portion of the coil post. So thanks again for sharing... and sorry you damaged your Pro Tank :(.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I don't know what it is either. I checked my heads, and have them going back about 9 months on all Kanger and Davide products. Can't recall ever seeing or hearing about threading on the top post of our bcc coils. I checked Google Images and looked at hundreds of coils and didn't see a single one with threading on the top post. Sorry, can't help you there. Welcome to the Forum and good luck!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Posting this in the new members forum so newcomers can get a handle on this. Even veteran vaper's might take note.

I purchased a couple of 1.8ohm replacement heads from my local vape shop.
No worries, should fit Protank II and MT3s, which is what I asked for and what my sales consultant confirmed. Went to change heads the other day and heard a crack. ...? I unscrewed the barely screwed in base, the head stayed in the tube and the tube was cocked to one side. "This can't be good." So I went over to my sink and tipped the device, out fell the center tube with the head still attached. Once I got over the shock, it was time to investigate.

Turns out that we (the shop and I) did not realize there was a manufacturing issue. I'm including pictures of the problem with annotation.
See the threads present on the purchased replacement jammed and allowed a twisting torque on the center shaft (the cracking sound).
So buyer beware, check that everything's as it should be on each head. If you see threads, take/send it back.

If anybody knows what the head on the left actually is meant for please let us know. I've searched for an hour and haven't found a correlation to any current product. Perhaps there's something new afoot?

Vape On!

-bruce

I was lucky and only killed my MT3s. The Protank is fine, and I got another ARO to replace the MT3s.

sorry your having troubles

but there are a couple things

the Protank coils are not the same as T3S/MT3S (sales consultant should know that)
the T3S coils will fit in most of the Kanger bcc's,
but due to the 'Flange' inside the tank of T3S/MT3S the other won't...

look at the coils standing (your pic)
that washer/flange above the silicone o-ring is your guide
flange on T3S/MT3S coils are almost flush with it / flange on protank coils are clearly larger

it is all kind of confusing to me, but I hope you get it worked out... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread