box mod battery contact melting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasden

Jul 24, 2014
Guam
New member but been vaping close to 3 years. Made a wooden box mod once and it was a success.
Loved it so much I decided to give it another try using a box from digikey. Im using 18 gauge wires so
heated wires is not a problem. I wired the battery parallel so voltage wouldnt be overkill for my taste.
The only problem is im using these single battery holder wired them up - to - and + to + but somehow
the negative side will get too hot and the spring shrinks and melts off the holders. Is there anything
I missed on this? Im using an angel eye LED switch rated at 2A 36VDC. Is the problemreally my battery
holders? Im trying to purchase the dual holders from digikey tomorrow if this will solve this problem.
Help would be greatly appreciated. BTW the switch functions perfectly fine. Press the button led turns on
and coils get hot but after about the 4th try then contacts shrunk and circuit is not complete.:facepalm: need
help from the pros. thanks.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
On a lot of those the springs are suppose to shrink to prevent something worse. Need to check the specs on the holder to see what it's rated at. You need to provide more info next time because we can ask you a question but you can't answer back. Would have helped to know the amperage we are talking about if not that the resistance of the atty. I can only say it looks like your drawing to much cuttent and the circuit is not handling it. One thing that is important with multiple batteries does not matter parallel or series the need to be the same make and age. Or a balance problem can occur. sorry could not help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread