The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Boxer 250c Squonk Mod

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by drac, Jun 15, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. drac

drac Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Hi Does anyone have experience with this mod. I was thinking of picking one up but wondered if it had known problems. Leaking would be the #1 concern.
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    The biggest complaints I here about those mods is that the color of the mod fades fairly quickly and unevenly.

3. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Hi I was hoping they improved that. I guess the only other one I can think of is the Rebel.
    It is UK so shipping will cost a bit.

4. alvitae

alvitae Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2009
    Oregon Usa
    Have you considered the rage squonk? It's not a 250c but the vast majority I have seen swear they are all the "rage". (I know, I know haha) Many people are buying multiples of them. Price is $100.

5. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Thanks but I want to get the replay feature on my next mod. I have had a few DNA mods starting with the Darwin and like them a lot. The 75c, even though I vape under 75 w does not have enough power for making changes during replay.
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. alvitae

alvitae Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2009
    Oregon Usa
    Understood, I'm jonesing to try the replay also. I've begged and begged for the boxer but I think "She Who Must be Obeyed" is on to my I'll never ask for anything again trick.

7. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    I'm lucky. Mine lets me get things just so I will shut up for awhile. Also I remind her how much a pack of smokes cost. Good thing she is blonde and hasn't figured out I spend a small fortune on this stuff.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The thing I have against the boxer is it’s 3d printed and they simultaneously want such a gigantic pile of money for it. 3d printing plastic is by definition cheap plastic.
    It melts at low temperatures and the object is not molded under pressure making it even weaker. I could understand if it was an inexpensive mod but they are the opposite. Unfortunately it is the only 250c squonker I know of.

9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    How low do you need to go for it to have the power to do so?

10. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Hi Most of the time I am on temp with ss 316. I have it about 35 J, ( I use sx mini g ) When I use one of my tanks I have it about 60J. The 75c will still work but not as good. Most of my builds are 3 or 4 wires twisted then wrapped with a thinner wire and turn out around 0.15. Since I got the Daedalus Pro I just Clapton everything.
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  11. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    The Rebel is on pre order. Anyone know how the 3d printed mod will do in extreme cold weather. Living in Winnipeg can be extreme at times

12. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Hmmm.... I basically never vape above 30w or go below .25ohm so I suspect a dna75c will still work for me. Or am I being over hopeful?

13. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    It should work for you and it would work for me. The 250 will give it more room to adjust up or down to use replay mode. To be sure check out the evolve dna forum.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    That would depend on what plastic is used. I did find a video but I didn’t watch it so it may or may not have the info you need. The title implies it does though

15. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Thanks According to the video it got stronger in cool weather -20c It also became brittle. So I can stand on it but don't drop it in winter.

16. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Sounds like. You may be able to find out what it is printed from which could give you a better idea of toughness. I do know from dealing with pvc electrical conduit that there is a temperature (quite cold, like -40f, I forget the actual number though) where it becomes ridiculously brittle and tends to shatter under any real pressure. Once you know the plastic type more info should be findable.

17. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Whelp I just now ordered a therion bf so I guess we’ll see :)

Lol I may have learned more from this thread than the op

18. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Good choice From what I have been reading Lost Vapes makes good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  19. drac

Jun 8, 2011
    Winnipeg
    If you haven't used escribe before you are in for a treat. I think you have to download the EU version so you can get replay. It is on the evolve forum
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  20. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    I have not experienced that with high mass low Ω coils on a 75C. What you will get is 97% vs. 85% efficiency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.