Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got my blue Boxer clone in today and have been very happy with it. As I was expecting, it needed a different bottle. The one it comes with was decently soft, but had sloppy fit on the tubing through the cap. Didn’t even waste time seeing if it was workable – just swapped it out with a silicon YFTK which fits and works very well.

The door fits great – very tight. The finish is rough but not unpleasant. 510 is not adjustable, but so far has not been a problem. The button lock works fine. The button has a fairly long throw.

Had some minor sparking at the firing bar which was easily rectified with a cleaning and an application of Deoxit Gold. Also did the same for the battery contacts. Hits very well – I can’t tell any appreciable difference between this, a Reo and a Coppervape.

I got it as a kit and, while I have not yet built the atty, the fit and finish of it is really impressive considering it added only $5 to the cost of the mod.

Nice day for vape mail! In addition to the Boxer got the SKX Flave clone (looks VERY nice!), a ultim cap for the Hadaly, the YFTK refill bottle, and my back from warranty repair Squid DB 2.1. Hoping for rain this weekend so I can stay in and play with all the new toys.
BOX.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I got in 2 of these today....wasn't let down...nor was I impressed. I gutted one of them and installed a ModMaker 510, ground off the contact mounting pads and made new copper contacts. Basically the same concept as the Frankenskull contacts except with the spring bed at the bottom. Button is a nice soft press now and it hits harder. Works fine...very comfortable in the hand.
rps20170708_003614.jpg

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Got mine in yesterday. Gave it a quick bath and put in a SuperSoft bottle, put a POM cap Derringer with a long pin on, and fired her up.

All in all, I like it better than the Frankie. While slightly larger by the numbers, it actually feels a tiny bit smaller in the hand because of the shape. Weight seems to be the same. The contacts are much better, there is a dimple on the negative end and the little bit of spring to the positive end makes getting the batteries in and out easier and doesn't tear up the ends of the wraps. I liked the way the Frankie used the bottle as part of the spring, but for the Boxer it would just push the whole thing apart so the contact is screwed in. I noticed three little holes in inside of the door, like they had planned on magnets like the Frankie.

Major gripes:
1) The bottle. It is NOT silcone, it's the same too stiif plastic as the Frankie.
2) The dumb looking white button. The button should be the same color as the mod. Yeah it locks, but the Frankies never misfired anyway.
3) The paint. Already raged about how stupid that is. Ya know what else is really, really stupid? They don't have one in white! The button would match, the paint wouldn't scuff off, they could eliminate a step in assembly, it would look like new for ages, but NO-O-Oooo!

If they come out with unpainted ones I'll buy more. If not, not.

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
Got my blue Boxer clone in today and have been very happy with it. As I was expecting, it needed a different bottle. The one it comes with was decently soft, but had sloppy fit on the tubing through the cap. Didn’t even waste time seeing if it was workable – just swapped it out with a silicon YFTK which fits and works very well.

The door fits great – very tight. The finish is rough but not unpleasant. 510 is not adjustable, but so far has not been a problem. The button lock works fine. The button has a fairly long throw.

Had some minor sparking at the firing bar which was easily rectified with a cleaning and an application of Deoxit Gold. Also did the same for the battery contacts. Hits very well – I can’t tell any appreciable difference between this, a Reo and a Coppervape.

I got it as a kit and, while I have not yet built the atty, the fit and finish of it is really impressive considering it added only $5 to the cost of the mod.

Nice day for vape mail! In addition to the Boxer got the SKX Flave clone (looks VERY nice!), a ultim cap for the Hadaly, the YFTK refill bottle, and my back from warranty repair Squid DB 2.1. Hoping for rain this weekend so I can stay in and play with all the new toys.
View attachment 669825

Noob question: Is there supposed to be no sparking at all in a mech Squonk mod like this? Trying to learn all I can before getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Noob question: Is there supposed to be no sparking at all in a mech Squonk mod like this? Trying to learn all I can before getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
all mechs spark....some hide it better than others.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Got mine in yesterday. Gave it a quick bath and put in a SuperSoft bottle, put a POM cap Derringer with a long pin on, and fired her up.

All in all, I like it better than the Frankie. While slightly larger by the numbers, it actually feels a tiny bit smaller in the hand because of the shape. Weight seems to be the same. The contacts are much better, there is a dimple on the negative end and the little bit of spring to the positive end makes getting the batteries in and out easier and doesn't tear up the ends of the wraps. I liked the way the Frankie used the bottle as part of the spring, but for the Boxer it would just push the whole thing apart so the contact is screwed in. I noticed three little holes in inside of the door, like they had planned on magnets like the Frankie.

Major gripes:
1) The bottle. It is NOT silcone, it's the same too stiif plastic as the Frankie.
2) The dumb looking white button. The button should be the same color as the mod. Yeah it locks, but the Frankies never misfired anyway.
3) The paint. Already raged about how stupid that is. Ya know what else is really, really stupid? They don't have one in white! The button would match, the paint wouldn't scuff off, they could eliminate a step in assembly, it would look like new for ages, but NO-O-Oooo!

If they come out with unpainted ones I'll buy more. If not, not.
For a moment you made it sound like they totally ripped you off until I realized it cost you like what, $20 shipped? :facepalm:

Reactions: TheWestPole

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
For a moment you made it sound like they totally ripped you off until I realized it cost you like what, $20 shipped? :facepalm:
No, $15 shipped.
I love these little plastic mods. I have six of the Frankies. They are like the Bic pens of vaping gear: inexpensive, reliable, light weight, compact.
Make them as cheap as possible, but no cheaper. I just get annoyed at stupid design decisions that save very little but detract hugely from the value of the product. I would cheerfully pay double the price for a mod with a decent bottle, adjustable 510, and a good unpainted finish.

Reactions: TheWestPole

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Just my opinion, but the guy who's making the authentic Boxer should lower the price down to around $60.00 for the box, and $25.00 for the accessory kit. $135.00 for a plastic mech mod? Not going to happen! I'd rather purchase a Therion BF or a VT Inbox with TC protection. A VT Inbox goes for $77.00 as a kit item. No worries with +400F toxins, and all the protections of the DNA chipset.

I can't say this (VT Inbox) is the best "squonker" I've ever used, as it's the only one I've ever used. I have a couple of Therion BF's, but those are new/unused mods for future use.

You get it... I squonk. :D

Last edited:

dd4285

May 19, 2016
Malaysia
Just got my boxer mod clone and the armor rda clone today.. my narda will never be parted from my copervape bf mod. built it straight away n all i can say is, wow.. let see how it perform for this whole week.. the armor is made for this boxer mod imo.. [emoji7] [emoji7]
66d391aa4e0fd3d670084795206bafb0.jpg

Sent from my G3116 using Tapatalk

dd4285

May 19, 2016
Malaysia
The bottle i'm using is the stock bottle that came with.. i had a couple ytfk silicone that i bought together with the boxer but decided to keep it away for future use.

I find the stock bottle is quite ok and usable/squonkable after adding a small oring at the bottle neck threading..

Sent from my G3116 using Tapatalk

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Just my opinion, but the guy who's making the authentic Boxer should lower the price down to around $60.00 for the box, and $25.00 for the accessory kit. $135.00 for a plastic mech mod? Not going to happen!
I agree. Maybe when he doesn't have a 3 month backlog of pre-orders to fill he'll come down on the price:)
Rhodium Plated Beryllium Copper Contacts? Bling!

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
After using my boxer clone a few days I am really liking this little guy. It serves a purpose, nice handy beater mod, like the Frankie. I will prob order the authentic boxer squonk, I have 2 of the DNA 200 boxers that I love. I know it's plastic, but it's a quality design and built soundly. I like them and don't mind paying a little extra for quality work.
Just my 2¢ worth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I agree. Maybe when he doesn't have a 3 month backlog of pre-orders to fill he'll come down on the price:)
Rhodium Plated Beryllium Copper Contacts? Bling!
He should have priced them at $300.00 per unit. Had he done so, he'd be backlogged for the next 6 months! :D

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I haven't put the VT Inbox down since I started using it. I'm glad I ordered two of them, because this may just be my go-to squonker. I'm not as impressed with the flavor I'm getting from the Split R atty though... My Triade / Kayfun V5 rig is the bomb-diggity for flavor, no question about it. As soon as I find a squonk pin for my Goon, I should get 1:1 performance. Then again, my Goon uses a Trinity Competition glass top. Damn! I'm babbling... :confused: :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread