Status
Not open for further replies.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I just looked at mine. I'm not familiar with using attys at all. I have had this one sitting around unused because it has this harsh flavor when I take a vape. I tried filling it and overfilled it but it still had that taste. I also tried cleaning it.

The stuff in the middle looks more like fibers and feels like them when I touch it with tweezers. It looks a little brown but I'm not sure if that's from my juice.

Is that the stuff that causes the awful taste?

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I wanted to add a pic I just took of mine because the wick looks a lot different. It almost looks plastic in my photo. The atty keeps popping and I don't know why.

IMG_20120516_195914.jpg

Cisco LR 1.5 ohm atty

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's interesting. I still think it's funny how no one knows what it is. I read somewhere that the primer is used for packaging/shipping...is this the same stuff we are looking at? Nice pictures by the way!!

Keekers, as prateus mentioned earlier, the wicks are made from silica rope; the primer should be just plain, pure PG (to keep the coil moist and primed).

I buy Joye eGo-T and eGo-C atties and they use very mild tasting primer--I'm pretty sure it's pure PG or a PG/VG mix. I don't even clean mine--just quickly blow out the excess and wipe whatever is visible with a tissue. Whatever is left inside the atty vaporizers pretty quickly.

That said, I'm sure there are some manufacturers in China who don't use PG as a primer. I had some foul tasting clearos, for instance. They were really bad. Think WD-40...:facepalm:

Great pictures, Bizzy!

Last edited:

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Keekers, as prateus mentioned earlier, the wicks are made from silica rope; the primer should be just plain, pure PG (to keep the coil moist and primed).

I buy Joye eGo-T and eGo-C atties and they use very mild tasting primer--I'm pretty sure it's pure PG or a PG/VG mix. I don't even clean mine--just quickly blow out the excess and wipe whatever is visible with a tissue. Whatever is left inside the atty vaporizers pretty quickly.

That said, I'm sure there are some manufacturers in China who don't use PG as a primer. I had some foul tasting clearos, for instance. They were really bad. Think WD-40...:facepalm:

Great pictures, Bizzy!

Oh gosh! I had an atty that tasted like WD-40 before I got all the primer out! I would have never thought to compare it to WD-40 but now that you mention it, that is a perfect description! My wick doesn't look the same as the other pics. It kind of looks like plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread