Brand new vaper, first day experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Daffy is correct about what you experience when you have not smoked in a few weeks. I had not touched one for few weeks and decided to take a hit or two off one my mother had lit up when I was over visiting her. Here is my experience with that, I have posted this elsewhere here but it can't hurt to put it here for those that care to read:

After being exclusively on my Dragon and 510 for the last 21 days or so I decided to do a test to see where I was at with my "taste for tobacco" that we all have to one point or another, or think we have anyway.

I can't put my amazement into strong enough words at the way a tobacco cigarette tasted. It was terrible and nostalgic all in one. It evoked memories of snatching a ciggie or two from the parents as a young teen and puffing them down outside somewhere or in the bathroom with the fan going. It tasted exactly as it did when I was first starting out. The other amazing part was after using the E-Cig for so long and worrying about the throat hit and the taste I find that my E-Cig is superior in both ways. It felt as if I was sucking on a straw when I had that full flavor Winston to my lips, I was flabbergasted. This can't be I thought to myself, how is this true? I still don't know but I do know what I felt and experienced and it is exactly as I described. I felt as if I was taking a hit off a super ultra light tobacco cigarette with a terrible taste.

The other thought that was in my head was how in the hell did this get me addicted, it's taste like crap, what was I thinking? I don't have an answer for that either except that I was exercising my constitutionally protected right not to think and use my brain, as were the millions of others that have started smoking tobacco over the years.

I would say mental ......ation but that's giving people afflicted with mental ......ation a bad name because honestly they have enough sense to not start the habit in the first place, I can't think of a single mentally challenged person that I have ever met in my life that smoked tobacco, what's that say about us?

Anyway after my great experiment I felt pretty good about myself other than the fact I had come to the realization that I had made such a terrible lifestyle decision that mentally challenged people don't screw it up, yet I had managed to do it for over 32 years. Depressing? Hell yes, but not the end of the world after all I did see that I was never going back to those awful tasting things. Why would I go back to tobacco cigarettes when I get better taste, and better throat hit from my E-Cig than I do a tobacco cigarette? Oh, and the best part of this great experiment? It only took about 3 hits on the tobacco cigarette to come to these conclusions. I lit it, took a hit and put it out disgusted and grabbed my E-Cig to get the taste out of my mouth!

Please don't post any pm's about being offended by the words mental ......ation. The point being made is how incredibly insane starting smoking tobacco even sounds in hindsight, not to belittle or to make fun of ......ation. I have relatives that suffer from mental ......ation and would not dream of belittling anyone afflicted. Peace people and good luck with your bid to keep away from those tobacco products.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Please everybody keep posting..... Rarely do you run across such an interesting thread. I think we all pretty much think alike. This has been so fun to read ....what others are saying about their own experience with smoking/vaping!

Snarkyone, you made an excellent point. I've also noticed that mentally retarted people simply don't seem to have bad habits, period. And children? Another group that seems perfectly happy without cigarettes. Even my beloved dogs are perfectly happy and contented without ever having a smoke. (Ask me how many time I've felt so guilty, that even my dogs were better than me!)

ProfessorDaffy, you're right, I don't think the novelty will ever wear off, not for me. I've only been clean for 4 weeks but every day I'm amazed that the impossible happened. I can't say that enough times. I just can't believe it's true that I haven't had a cigarette in more than a month. And the strangest part is I haven't had one single urge to go back to smoking. I gave away all my left-over packs and paraphernalia. I'm keeping one ashtray for those who might come visit and need it. (But they won't need it for long after I get done with them :D)

Carry on.....let's hear some more!

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
The 510 was heavily recommended on these boards as a good starter for a newb, and it was a pretty cheap risk to take if I didn't end up liking it.

The battery life of these devices is certainly the weak point, I don't believe the stock hardware alone can support the actual activity itself in full practice. If people are paying a lot more in stores for devices a lot less effective than a stock 510, then a lot of people are going to be turned off of vaping before even getting a proper experience, almost as if the devices themselves went to market too soon. I suppose they might be OK for a novelty device for a non- smoker, but then why come stock with a 24mg strength cartridge? who would want that kind of strength other than a cigarette smoker? I understand the 510 battery life is bad compared to other models, but I can't imagine something that produces considerably less vapor than a 510 would be that satisfying to use. I could be wrong since I haven't tried a "lesser" model yet. Maybe I am spoiled by starting with such a well-reviewed model. Seems to me like a commercial or home power/battery mod is the only way this hobby could be realistically sustainable in the long run.

My vaping experience seems slightly different than many on here, in that I didn't go directly from a cigarette habit. I used to be a 1-2 pack a day smoker for 20+ years but switched to lozenges and snus for the last couple of years, with occasional cigarette relapses. I wouldn't want to not smoke, it's just not practical for many reasons. I wasn't even concerned with quitting nicotine itself, just stopping the continual inflow of toxins and the lung damage, since lungs are handy for numerous activities. Also the side affects of the other chemicals in cigarettes are noticeable.

I thought I would be able to smoke on occasion, but it is so toxic it seems impossible to do without just being a full time smoker. I could feel almost a cigarette "hangover" just from smoking one, they are so thick with toxins, they certainly sap ones energy levels. Going all out and slamming down a couple packs on a weekend from not smoking at all, actually made me very sick for a few days - and just a few cigarettes brought a slight shortness of breath back for several days before feeling "clear" again.

Vaping on the other hand, seemed very strange at first as none of the foulness kicks in like it does after having a few cigarettes. I can imagine that shifting directly from smoking to vaping must be amazing in itself, as it is remarkable the health improvements when stopping smoking.

So, jumping into somewhat heavy vaping with a body already clear of cigarettes (but not nicotine), I have some observations.

I was surprised my sense of smell and taste improved, but that's from not having a paste-like nicotine lozenge in my mouth all the time, which no doubt coated my taste buds and dulled the taste of everything else, such as bourbon and coffee.

Cigarettes make me noticeably perspire more as my body is flushing out the toxins, just a few smokes and this is apparent, but I detected absolutely no change in perspiration levels with vaping.

I noticed a very slight affect on breathing/lung capacity while running, in comparison to not vaping, but this affect was slight, barely detectable compared to what a few cigarettes would have done. I assume that vaping might dry out the lungs a little bit like it does the throat, but then again I have been vaping rather continuously, and haven't really found any reason for restraint. It seems a fairly benign, but very satisfying compulsion to indulge. I suppose if I approached vaping with a little moderation as a more sane and rational person might, there would be likely no side affect whatsoever.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
G_Jones,

I've been at it about 4 months but you help remind me of the amazement of the first few days. I'm still enjoying it but in other ways, mainly flavorwise and DIYing juice. You picked a good one to start and if you want to experience an auto batt, the 510 auto is a good one - no cutoffs/timeouts. The mega batts that Totally Wicked sells help on the charging routine. I've switched over to them (manuals) totally at home.

Welcome and thanks for this thread. Fun reading your story and everyone's reactions....

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
SNARKYONE: It evoked memories of snatching a ciggie or two from the parents as a young teen and puffing them down outside somewhere or in the bathroom with the fan going. It tasted exactly as it did when I was first starting out.

Dekang/heaven-gifts/healthcabin has a WINSTON flavored juice that tastes exactly like a cigarette and invokes these same feelings. You can almost taste the paper. It envokes those feelings the way a real cigarette never will again.

THEWOMENFOLK: I'm keeping one ashtray for those who might come visit and need it.

I kept both of my ashtrays and I've attached a picture just for you! You'll notice there's no ashes surrounding them. And trust me, there's no stink either. But I think it's a picture that speaks volumes.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. Can you tell I like a like a little variety to go with my vape.

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
Vaping is great. But there are some frustrations, pretty much all to do with battery life. I'm constantly having to fiddle with the batteries.

I ordered a battery mod, pricey but worth it if it takes care of this issue! Juices are delicious.

To be fair I only had 3 batteries and the cheapo USB passthrough (with battery), and I have been putting them through their paces, so I am not too surprised that I have about killed 4 batteries in 3 weeks. The batts I have die faster than what my charger plus PCC can keep up with charging.

My mod, the Protege, is 2-3 weeks from being shipped, so I ordered a couple batteries (not from cignot) to help tide me over until then. These were DOA, and have so far failed at resuscitation attempts but I do have a fresh batt for the passthrough arriving in the day or so, that should help. It's also arriving with yet more delicious flavors of juice to try out.

No atomizer failures at all yet, though I am going to try cleaning a couple of them and see what happens, I have 3 in use and 3 fresh spares.

Total spent so far approximately $350. That includes the Protege kit and extra batteries though, which should last a while, so it will lower out my cost per day over time considerably. Also I have so far saved around $200 in alternate nicotine products that I would have normally consumed, so in reality it's not as expensive as it sounds, and I have enough juice to last many many weeks including what's in the mail. Trying out flavors is fun!

If I were to go back and tell myself what to buy as a new vaper, I would say get a ton of batteries up front or just go straight for the mod. If I had gone straight for a mod plus atomizers, I would have saved $100 on short-lived batteries and related charging equipment. I just may not have gotten to try vaping yet at all to determine if I liked it, as the mod might not have arrived yet.

(I do like the looks of the Totally Wicked 5 batt charger and extended length batteries)

All of the major mods look more cost effective than fiddling with stock power equipment. Also seems like the 510 has the worst battery reputation, so perhaps a different atty would have left me slightly less frustrated. But when it is freshly charged, it is really really nice.

There's certainly more expensive hobbies that are far less pleasurable, but I'm lucky to have the extra $$ to throw around right now. It's a little different pricing than scrounging up change to buy a pack of smokes, so under other circumstances the startup cost could have been offputting. In any case , over time I will be spending less than I was previously and having a much better time.

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
After trying figure out why my new batteries were dead, I discovered that they weren't dead at all, they just have some kind of auto-shutoff feature. After giving them a good drag they flash and stop working - for a few seconds. They are push-button manual batteries.

At first, when they flashed I put them in the charger, which didn't seem to do anything, so I'd try them again, and thought they were somehow toast since the charger refused to do anything (because they were in fact already charged!). Eventually I figured out how to operate them, so I am relieved, I have enough battery power to last me until my Protege arrives.

This "feature" seems to keep the atomizer from overheating. I suppose that's probably like the shutoff on an auto battery. Glad I tried them again or I would have felt foolish contacting the supplier, but I had no idea such a variation existed in manual batteries.

The power went where I live for about half an hour, so I found a new use for e-cig LED's - I vaped my way around.

ezcomputers

Oct 15, 2009
www.akaraessex.com
wow this is great I'm glad I found this forum....
I ordered the 19.00 starter kit from smartsmokerusa.com (which is really a ripoff they charge you 99 at the end of 14 days and throw you on an autoship program) and am very frustrated.... I do not know what model it is they sell it doesnt look to be too bad, it came with one battery one atomizer and 10high strength 16mg plus 2 medium cartridges... I was happily vapiing for a total of maybe 5 minutes before the atomizer kicked :( before that the vapor amount seemed decent... Anyhow I'm looking to grab another starter kit somewhere. I looked into blu cigs but after reading here some I won't be trying those... However, I would like to try one of the kits that comes with liquid and have bookmarked a few recommended sites. My starter kit came with an autobattery that seems to work well, I just don't know what model it is they sell I could post pictures if one of you veterans cares to inform me.
Also I bet this is the most asked question, but I'd like some recommendations on a good starter kit, so far I found the one at innvovapor to seem decent and it comes in higher strength which I really like. I smoke at least a pack of marlboro menthols a day sometimes a pack and a half to two packs and really would prefer the higher nicotine strength plus a good menthol flavor so please let me know guys..
Thanks Again

-Pete

after32yrs

Oct 10, 2009
I am 22 days into vaping now after using analogs for 32yrs. I started with an 801 which really is not that good for someone who did 2 packs of analogs a day. I recently switched to the 901 and man what a difference. I get a nice throat hit, great flavor and good vaper.
The only thing I hate is the battery stops after 5 seconds which kills the draw. I ordered the Protégé and I can’t wait to get it. It does not look like the battery cuts off on the Protégé from the utubes I’ve seen.

One of the best things about vaping is I can vape almost anywhere, restaurants, doctors office, work, malls, bars, movies, bowling allies, etc.

I stopped on a Tuesday and I have not had an urge for an analog since my first puff. I tried the patch and I smoked, I tried the gum and I smoked, I got hypnotized and guess what I smoked. Vaping is the only thing that stopped me from my old smelly habit..

For all the people who want to ban these things you must have another alternative. Maybe you do not want us to quit by vaping because the Pharmas and tobacco companies would lose money on tobacco, Patch and gum sells. It cannot be for health reasons.

I had a pulmonary and a stress test the week before I started vaping and repeated the test after 15 days of vaping and the doctor was shocked; my breathing was 10 percent better. So I don’t know why anyone would want to ban vaping.

Mads

Oct 14, 2009
Land O' Lakes, FL
Thank you G_Jones...I have to say I giggled all the way through this thread and your excitement literally saved me from going out and buying a pack of smokes. I quit smoking on October 7th, due to the cost (my brand is now up to $70.00 per carton!!) The fact they are not healthy had something to do with it as well, but if truth be told I really just did not "want" to quit. Accordingly, it has been extremely difficult!

On Sunday , out of the blue, I remembered someone telling me about electric cigarettes about 2 years ago...and of course at that time I simply let it in one ear and out the other. So, I decided to do a little research on the 'puter. To say the least, I was completely excited about it and extremely overwhelmed with the amount of information. I was on this forum all day Sunday until 3 am and again all day Monday until 3 am. This forum is PACKED with information. I was glad to come across it, but was beginning to wonder if I was getting in over my head...with all the choices...and the accronyms..omg...overwhelmed was putting it mildly! I finally came across a thread that said...just do it..just buy one and move on!

Well, at 3 am Tuesday morning...I ordered a 510 as the seemed to be the advise given for newbs like myself! Wish I could say I have it in hand, but the site I went to did not have any express delivery that I could find, but they did sell starter kits with 0mg nic that is why I chose them. All day Tuesday and all day today I kept checking my email for a message telling it it was shipped..how disappointing that I still have not received that email. Being the impatient and VERY excited individual that I am I decided to find another web site with express delivery and ordered another 510 that had better be here no later that Friday!! :yawn: (since I requested and paid for overnight delivery)8-o

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for your enthusiasm as it has picked me up again and I am excited once more to get started with this new experience and not turn back to old habbits!! And thank you to everyone here in this forum....so much info/help...it's awsome!

ezcomputers

Oct 15, 2009
www.akaraessex.com
Hi I see a banner ad on this site for level cigs
leve lcigs.com/order.html

can someone tell me if this is the real 510 that I hear about that's good for newbs? I'd like to be sure before I purchase and that its not just some other model rebranded. As per my previous message I had a very bad experience with smartsmokerusa and will never use them again still havent heard back from them on replacing my att that lasted not even 5 minutes with an automatic battery even!!! Also looking for advice on the best deal on a starter kit thanks!!

Thank you

-Pete

SwaggTech

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Mcdonough, Ga (S. ATL)

can someone tell me if this is the real 510 that I hear about that's good for newbs? I'd like to be sure before I purchase and that its not just some other model rebranded. As per my previous message I had a very bad experience with smartsmokerusa and will never use them again still havent heard back from them on replacing my att that lasted not even 5 minutes with an automatic battery even!!! Also looking for advice on the best deal on a starter kit thanks!!

Thank you

-Pete

Better safe than sorry, just go with the Joye510, I ordered a 901 and a 510 just to see which one would suit me best... that may not be a bad idea for you as well.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Thank you

-Pete

Go here instead. These are true Joye 510's. $46 and free and fast shipping.
[cignot.com usually has a better price - $35 - but they've been out of stock. So have these guys but they must have gotten some in. Very few US vendors have the black ones in stock, so these will go quickly.]

JOYE510

Other 'essentials' (eventually you'll want these):

Passthrough - saves on batteries
JOYE510 Manual Battery Silver

PCC for on the go battery pack
JOYE510 PCC Silver
JOYE510

Get some juice too. I've heard they have good juice but for a good sampler plan from a good vendor:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...31-gettin-envy-what-juice-buy.html#post585922

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
Well I am very pleased with my new hobby, and the 510 is what I will recommend (and will purchase as Xmas gifts) for new users, as it was often recommended here. It's the only e-cig I have tried though, I also see the 901 and the Janty Stik get a lot of praise, I suppose I will be trying others just for fun and to taste flavors at different atomizer strengths.

Different e-liquid has been fun to try. With almost less than the same budget I used to spend on nicotine lozenges and gum, and previously on analogs (not that much different price I am afraid) I can instead buy all kinds of vaping related toys and supplies, exotic e-liquids from all over and try my own bizarre home-brew experiments.

I wish to find more intense flavors!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Well I am very pleased with my new hobby, and the 510 is what I will recommend (and will purchase as Xmas gifts) for new users, as it was often recommended here. It's the only e-cig I have tried though, I also see the 901 and the Janty Stik get a lot of praise, I suppose I will be trying others just for fun and to taste flavors at different atomizer strengths.

Different e-liquid has been fun to try. With almost less than the same budget I used to spend on nicotine lozenges and gum, and previously on analogs (not that much different price I am afraid) I can instead buy all kinds of vaping related toys and supplies, exotic e-liquids from all over and try my own bizarre home-brew experiments.

I wish to find more intense flavors!

On intense flavors I've tried quite a few different vendors and the High Voltage from Nhaler:

HIGH VOLTAGE SAMPLERS 12Mg 6ml Plastic Dropper Bottles

and even Drew's non HV is good flavor if you need higher nic:

6 ML Nhale/Xhale Liquid Samplers - 24MG - NHaler

and those sampler bottles will save you money in the long run until you find what flavors you prefer.

MyFreedomsmokes also has samplers and double or extra flavors:
Smoke juice sampler packs | My Freedom Smokes

Ok.... it looks like they no longer designate 'double flavors'. Seems like I've heard that.

My favorite right now for the non-sweet but strong flavors of Habana Reserver, Absinthe and Black Currant... and mentholytus (strongest menthol of all) is Decadent Vapours who are on holiday... so for later reference:
Decadent Vapours for Discerning Vapers

But you can get their PG 36mg version at Totally Wicked - expensive but imo worth it - but you might wait for DV to go back online to get smaller bottle versions rather than take my word on it ;-)

Totally Wickeds 36mg Decadent Vapour Premier Range

I've always found the janty/joye formulations of the dekang juice better and more flavorful than the regular dekang juice from china with a few exceptions. But also more expensive. Janty/Joye juice from:

https://usa.jantyworld.com/e-liquids

Liquid - dietSMOKES.com
The stuff from liquidxpress here is also quite good. new flavor just hit yesterday - caramel macchiato and you can get juice directly from l/e:

Regular E-liquids

Back to janty/joye juice:
Deluxe Refill Liquid - freshsmoking.com

eJuice

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
Well I certainly look forward to trying a lot of those, especially the Decadent Vapours. I hope they have a sample pack available when their web shop is re-opened.

I must now confine myself to one order per week. Not that it could hurt to stockpile juice, as I go around sampling loads of flavors.

My replacement battery for my $15 passthrough came from cignot with a new set of VG flavors to try out. I quickly killed my first battery, I assumed just from heavy use, but I am starting to believe now that I may have killed the first battery partially because I was using my laptop USB output and underpowering it. Running the passthrough from the USB wall adapter is a much better experience. (The USB wall adapter also quickly charges my PCC compared to the laptop USB) The passthrough certainly gives a lot more power than a regular battery - if I read correctly, 4.5 volts compared to 3.7? In any case it creates much more vapor AND also much more flavor than batteries.

Before I killed my first passthrough battery, I only had my first juice order of Ecopure. Ecopure is nice and smooth and lots of vapor, but hardly flavorful in comparison to other juices I have tried. Now that I have a lot of flavors and a stronger device at the same time, it is making a big difference in how I am enjoying the different flavors I have.

I was enjoying the flavors I had on just batteries, but they certainly come alive with more power, much more than I would have expected. If this is anything at all what high voltage vaping is like, well I am certainly going to have to try 5 and 6 volts - though I will wait until my Protege gets here before thinking about shelling out more cash for hardware.

btw French Pipe + Coffee = WIN! I really like the cigar and french pipe flavors. Strong enough you could vape them just like a pipe or cigar, without even inhaling. Makes me want to get an e-cigar. Couldn't vape them all day, but I suspect at least once daily.

I can now state that my "all day vapes" are Hilton and 555. Delicious. Also enjoying greatly Kent & B&H. I mostly have VG flavors from cignot, as well as tasty PG menthol and hilton from Vapor Options.

I found that vaping a few drops of straight VG cleans out the atty quicly & nicely between swapping flavors, as well as clears the palette, without having to rinse/swap out attys. I am surprised that Red Bull tastes so fruity and light, makes a nice break from heavy tobacco flavors.

I am also enjoying the much praised RY4 flavor. Tastes like...raspberry danish to me. I wouldn't have expected to be keen on fruity flavors, but I keep feeling the urge to reach for it from time to time.

I believe I may need a spice rack.

I have been going through a much larger volume of juice than I would have expected from reading these boards, but I am certainly in some kind of experimental phase here, having a blast, and I do pretty much drip exclusively at home this point. No matter how careful I am, my 510's still manage to leak often when dripping. But this is just for heavy home vaping, if I am out and about and only occasionally vaping and topping up a cart, my usage is way lower as are leaking problems.

I do want to find the taste of a good strong clove cigarette.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
G_Jones: Well I certainly look forward to trying a lot of those, especially the Decadent Vapours. I hope they have a sample pack available when their web shop is re-opened. I must now confine myself to one order per week. Not that it could hurt to stockpile juice, as I go around sampling loads of flavors.

Yeah, much of that was for 'future reference'. You're in 'sampling mode' now as you should be. Also know that your tastebuds are going to change somewhat...

Running the passthrough from the USB wall adapter is a much better experience. (The USB wall adapter also quickly charges my PCC compared to the laptop USB)

Yes, another benefit that isn't mentioned as much.

The passthrough certainly gives a lot more power than a regular battery - if I read correctly, 4.5 volts compared to 3.7? In any case it creates much more vapor AND also much more flavor than batteries.

I'm convinced that much of the 'problems' with PT's early on was underpowering them, but the experience should be about the same or better as you point out, as reg. batts.

Before I killed my first passthrough battery,

Make sure it's dead. That is unusual for an inline battery. Or send it back to cignot.

I only had my first juice order of Ecopure. Ecopure is nice and smooth and lots of vapor, but hardly flavorful in comparison to other juices I have tried.

Your tastebuds are not that bad - that is the report of many. There only real flavoring is ethyl maltol (well and the menthol) and the different 'flavors' are merely a matter of amount of that - Rich has the most. And while I do on occasion vape only that, I use it as a few drops in almost every top off for the vapor and it doesn't really alter the taste of what I'm vaping. That is when I'm vaping a PG based flavor. If it's VG, I don't do that, although my VG base is mostly Ecopure Fresh and liquidxpress' VG which goes through a cleasing process.

Now that I have a lot of flavors and a stronger device at the same time,

Ah... did you get your Protege?? I'm still waiting. I ordered from your thread and Bandit's post.

it is making a big difference in how I am enjoying the different flavors I have.

I was enjoying the flavors I had on just batteries, but they certainly come alive with more power, much more than I would have expected.

With some flavors this has been my contention all along against those who say the heat kills flavor in the 510's. Not mine - my favorite DV Habana Reserve is light on my Janty stick and is really flavorable on the 510 PT or mega batt.

If this is anything at all what high voltage vaping is like, well I am certainly going to have to try 5 and 6 volts - though I will wait until my Protege gets here before thinking about shelling out more cash for hardware.

Ok. I read in sequence. ....so nevermind the above.

btw French Pipe + Coffee = WIN! I really like the cigar and french pipe flavors.

Where'd you get the Fr.Pipe, cigar and coffee? I've had various ones, some good, some not as good - none bad really.

Strong enough you could vape them just like a pipe or cigar, without even inhaling.

Just as another side note - the heaven gifts disposal cigar made by Ruyan for $36? (my discount might be in that price) is the best cigar flavor (I don't really consider DV's habana reserve a cigar flavor) than any tasted. And since I don't power vape it like the 510s and Janty stick ;-) It has lasted for 2 months. Another link to store away:

2x genuine RUYAN disposable e-cigar(newest) - RUYAN disposable e-cigar - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier=

Wayne at HG said it was the closest flavor he's had to actual cigar tobacco and everyone that has tried mine (save the plastic cap ;-) - even non ecig smokers - have agreed.

Makes me want to get an e-cigar. Couldn't vape them all day, but I suspect at least once daily.

Basically what I do. And that way the upfront cost now looks small. I've ordered another one.

I can now state that my "all day vapes" are Hilton and 555. Delicious. Also enjoying greatly Kent & B&H. I mostly have VG flavors from cignot, as well as tasty PG menthol and hilton from Vapor Options.

Hilton is my wife's favorite as well as dekang's ruyan#4. I like Hilton and Camel is the 'american hilton' imo - both have chocolate note, again, imo.

Kent.. I never cared for the analog, lol, is also a great vape - vanilla note and smooth tobacco from almost any vendor. Not tried b&h. Janty's 555 I like. Dekang 555 is a bit strong but still great nutty flavor.

I found that vaping a few drops of straight VG cleans out the atty quicly & nicely between swapping flavors, as well as clears the palette, without having to rinse/swap out attys.

Ethyl malto, although it has it's own taste is a 'flavor killer' according to liquid specialist Rob at liquidxpress - it is use to kill off flavors in many products. IOW, if you're ever going to DIY, use Fresh or Krystal and Ecomix, with Ecopure, instead of Rich for blending, if you go that way.

I am surprised that Red Bull tastes so fruity and light, makes a nice break from heavy tobacco flavors.

Again, all the one's I've tried are right on flavor but it's a one session vape for me. My sister likes it and I gave her all I have except one, just in case I want that flavor.

I am also enjoying the much praised RY4 flavor. Tastes like...raspberry danish to me.

I've heard/read that 'raspberry' on a few occasions but it isn't the regular 'review' flavor. And there is a huge difference between the Janty/Joye RY4 and the Dekang/heaven gifts/eastmall/healthcabin ruyan#4. It's a love/hate juice and the most popular on the board by almost any poll taken - if the poll was done right. I favor the Janty juice, the wife the Dekang. Dekang is less smokey and a tad sweet where Janty is Pine smoke and not very sweet at all but you still get the butterscotch/caramel cream notes. All subjective but others have said similar. I'll have to hunt for the raspberry.

I have been going through a much larger volume of juice than I would have expected from reading these boards,

I was sucking up juice during the sampling phase tasting rather than 'enjoying a good vape'. Likely that is common. I'm sure I'm not using as much now 4+months down the road than in the first month and esp. the first two weeks.

No matter how careful I am, my 510's still manage to leak often when dripping.

I drip one or two on every top off but still use the filler with the straw mod which aids in wicking and I still get 8-12 drops in on a refill even with a month old filler. I'm experimenting with PTB again after not so good of experience first time around.

I do want to find the taste of a good strong clove cigarette.[/quote]

Never cared for cloves unless I had a toothache - then anything goes. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread