Not open for further replies.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Thanks everyone! :)

I will give them your home phone number and your email when they ask me for them thanks buddy. Looks great my friend nice work

Uh oh, time to change my number! ;)

Sorry everyone, guess it might have been a bad idea to post these. I don't have a desire to make more of them. I don't have CNC & because of the precision required to make the friction fit hole it's too time consuming for me to make these at a resonable price. Someone here is lucky, I won't even be making any for myself. If someone has a CNC or access to one.......

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Wow, a one of kind piece of functional REO bling from an artistic machining genius! :ohmy:
The lucky person getting the button that matches the RM will need to post some more pictures as soon as they get it.
It looks awesome !

Woo hoo, it was me, I'm the lucky person thats getting that cool button ! Thanks DZ!

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
Would you be more inclined to make them if the button was threaded, say 1/4-20? It would eliminate the need to be fitted. I might run a die on one of mine and see how it threads.

Delrin is fairly good at machining and being worked. It will thread but you need firm steady pressure or the die will just spin and kill the threads without advancing.

I should clarify by firm.....i mean really really firm not just a little! Lol

Last edited:

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Delrin is fairly good at machining and being worked. It will thread but you need firm steady pressure or the die will just spin and kill the threads without advancing.

I should clarify by firm.....i mean really really firm not just a little! Lol

Would you be more inclined to make them if the button was threaded, say 1/4-20? It would eliminate the need to be fitted. I might run a die on one of mine and see how it threads.

Dturp is correct, you will need a firm way of holding the small button to run a die over it. And the die must be really really sharp. Might also have a problem with the lock pin getting in the way when trying to thread it if you don't remove it first. I could probably also thread the button on the lathe too. But if you want to try, I can make a threaded button cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread