Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
VG/PG is an opposite of a diuretic... it helps maintain the ability to retain water when digested in heavy quantities.

https://www.peakendurancesport.com/...trition-glycerol-help-athletes-stay-hydrated/

It is what is considered hydroscopic ( it attracts water to its self) it doesnt bond to water and hold it, it just attracts it. its more like a sponge, it will contain water when in contact with it but the water can be squeezed out and the sponge will dry out if no more water is available. Altho there is a chemical ( magneisum carbonate) that can adsorb water to about 7 times its volume/weight and not let go of the water until it is baked at over 250F.... this stuff actually bonds to the water unlike VG/PG...

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
Propylene glycol/glycerol is not the same as glycerol. The later having an extra Oxygen molecule.
But I get what your saying. Maybe the absorption of water is causing the diuretic affect on us vaoers. Although some seem to not feel dhydrayed. I know when I vape alot, I tend to drink more water because my mouth is dry, and also my brain or body is sending me that internal signal "drink water"

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Propylene glycol/glycerol is not the same as glycerol. The later having an extra Oxygen molecule.
But I get what your saying. Maybe the absorption of water is causing the diuretic affect on us vaoers. Although some seem to not feel dhydrayed. I know when I vape alot, I tend to drink more water because my mouth is dry, and also my brain or body is sending me that internal signal "drink water"

try eating alot of Saltine crackers... see if causes the same effect ;)

bhayes

May 11, 2011
hartford ct
I read somewhere that you need 8 glasses of water a day because your body uses up 8 glasses of water a day. I also read that high humidity (like this time of year August), will cause dry mouth and the weather reports say when it is hot and humid check on older relatives because breathing becomes more difficult. Those are the main factors I found contributing to vaping dry mouth and dehydration, so be sure to drink the 8 glasses of water, or other liquids each day and you should be fine....

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I read somewhere that you need 8 glasses of water a day because your body uses up 8 glasses of water a day. I also read that high humidity (like this time of year August), will cause dry mouth. Those are the main factors I found contributing to vaping dry mouth and dehydration, so be sure to drink the 8 glasses of water, or other liquids each day and you should be fine....
That 8 glasses a day is just a rough guideline. Ive lived and worked in areas and in conditions where 8 glasses of water just isnt enough. Its almost like in those zones you cant drink enough water or fluids. On the other side of the coin Ive worked less strenuous jobs in cooler climates where drinking 8 glasses of water a day is an absolute chore and with fluids being supplied from food and other drinks 8 glasses of water a day is probably not necessary, in fact its probably slightly detrimental over the long term.
Everyone has different hydration requirements. Height, weight, diet, fitness levels etc all determine your own personal needs and it varies for an individual during the course of the day. The only real way to maintain hydration is to check out the colour of your urine and adjust your water intake to suit. Guys in the industry I worked in got used to keeping check because heat stroke/dehydration was something that we had to deal with if we didnt.
Vaping might give me a dry mouth but it certainly wont dehydrate me in the real sense of the word.
I do drink water though, I use it to rinse the mouth out and flush excess nicotine out of my mouth/saliva. Since quitting smoking my gums have become a bit problematic and excess nic in the saliva probably doesnt help(I have no proof of that) so I regularly rinse my mouth out.

This thread's making me thirsty.

:toast:
Hah! Me, too!

If we *really* wanna get technical there's a ton of factors, body mass, conditions/illnesses and whatnot, but who has time for that?

I rarely drink water, probably a glass before bed, maybe two if I'm vested in the show I'm watching and stay awake. If I increase my water intake, it goes right through me, so you'd think that's my body saying "I'm hydrated, thanks," (at least I hope it is...) I live in Florida, humid all year round, and the only time I really experience dry mouth is if I breath through my mouth lol. Don't really notice it much from vaping. Nor an over-saturation except for right after a pull.

I do get the faucet if I exhale through my nose, though. Quite embarrassing sometimes... I'm glad to discover I'm not the only one! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread