Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Also check out Scott Bonner's new video review of the Ego Booster to see it in action.

And here is Artisan Jill's presentation of the device:

Do you know if they will hit the USA any time soon?
In a sense, it has already "hit the USA," hairball. Happy Vaper is as happy to ship to Kansas as to Canada. [Shipping cost is $7.70.] And I believe that Happy Vaper will continue to be the sole supplier of the Ego Booster. It's a Canadian invention sold from Canada.

There's another dual coil out now that is shaped like an ego mega tybe-b atty. It has a skirt around the 510 connector and is made specifically for eGo and eGo clone batteries. - If this device can pass the amps required to run a regular dual coil, it can pass the amps required to run the eGo specific dual coil.

Thanks!
Thank you for that information and link, six! First I've heard of it. Got to check it out.

I was wondering...

My top voltage is 4.83v with my Booster.

What's yours?
Duh! I don't know. Don't have a voltmeter. I leave the technical stuff to folks like you, isbnbook. I take a more primitive approach: Vape good. Me like.:D

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Interesting. Jill's video seems to indicate the Ego by itself is providing a PWM output? Is this true? I've never seen that claim before for the Ego.
I don't even know what that means, but: Yes, according to my correspondence with Brian and John – and as mentioned in passing in this FAQ – the eGo does have PWM ... and does it PDQ as well.

BTW, per this video, Jill has a PhD in Electrical Engineering, so she knows whereof she speaks. Beauty and brains – I am impressed!

High Five!
...with backbacon!
"backbacon"? What's that about? Or perhaps I should say: What's that aboot?;-)

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
Thanks for the review and the info Don. As someone who's never owned a VV mod, and has a few Ego batteries, this would be a great introduction. However, as much as I'd love to order one, the price seems a bit steep. One Ego Booster is roughly the same cost as three Ego batteries. I realize it can be moved from batt to batt, but that's still on the high side. I'll keep following this thread...maybe I'll be able to talk myself into it.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
So ... no one has commented on that PhD in Electrical Engineering? Do you really think that was anything other than tongue-in-cheek?

I'm not saying that Jill is some bimbo. She strikes me as an intelligent...actress. [She speaks too well to be an engineer.]

What did that hottie say, someone other than her please explain what this thing does? :laugh:
Uh ... I think that might have been covered by the OP.;-)

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
So ... no one has commented on that PhD in Electrical Engineering? Do you really think that was anything other than tongue-in-cheek?

I'm not saying that Jill is some bimbo. She strikes me as an intelligent...actress. [She speaks too well to be an engineer.]

Uh ... I think that might have been covered by the OP.;-)

Sorry Don, she mesmerized me and lost full utter train of thought on what this whole thread was aboot. She is very intelligent indeed though, my type of woman.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

My Personal Evaluation

I have come to respect the Ego Booster enormously for all the reasons previously stated. I love it because it has given me back my 801 atomizers, which I had put to the side because they were not hitting hard enough once I became spoiled by LR. Now I can have the unique, rich taste of the 801 and great vapor and TH.​

[/QUOTE]

Don't Eastmall sell 801 LR attys now Don? I've just bought a 801 kit as I want to try one and one of the first ever reviews I read on e-cigs was one of your elaborate reviews of Kr808 vs the 510 as the two best on the market but with the proviso that your personal favourite was the 302 (which I now presume is the predecessor of the 801).

So I've ordered an 801 kit with some LR attys.

Anthony

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Yes, EastMall does sell both its lower-resistance-than-most 801 atomizer and LR 801 atty. I prefer the former on the Boostered eGo over the LR 801 on either 3.2 or 3.7V. The LR 801 is too harsh for me.

The Joye 302 had been my favorite 801-style atomizer ... until I discovered those lower resistance EastMall 801s. I believe that the DSE801 preceded the Joye 302 (which first appeared in the Janty Kissbox and then with the Janty/Joye Stick).

And, these days, I have been seduced by cartomizers: both the amazing Smok Tech dual coils and 801. Of the 801 cartos, I'm enjoying the EastMall (which I get from Vapor Junction here in the states) and Boge (from LiteCigUSA) ... and I've just ordered some Bauway from MadVapes to try out. The first two are 510-sized (with an 801 connection); the Bauway is 801-sized.

Be careful using those LR 801 atomizers on the standard 801 batteries in your kit. LR is intended for 450+ mAh batteries.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
Great...a device that will further shorten the battery life of an already dismal run time.

price needs to be $20-$25 for me to bite now your looking at an $80 ego.
Not just battery life, but battery lifespan as well. Even the "name brand" ego batteries aren't exactly famous for long-term reliability.

The fact is, keeping resistance constant, raising the voltage must also raise the current. You're pulling more power from the device than it was designed to handle. Something's gotta give, and whether it's the MOSFET or the LiPo cells themselves, a boosted ego will die sooner than a stock ego. If you're OK with buying replacements more often, then by all means, go for it. But please be aware that, over a medium-to-long time frame, a proper variable mod will be much cheaper.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yes, EastMall does sell both its lower-resistance-than-most 801 atomizer and LR 801 atty. I prefer the former on the Boostered eGo over the LR 801 on either 3.2 or 3.7V. The LR 801 is too harsh for me.

The Joye 302 had been my favorite 801-style atomizer ... until I discovered those lower resistance EastMall 801s. I believe that the DSE801 preceded the Joye 302 (which first appeared in the Janty Kissbox and then with the Janty/Joye Stick).

And, these days, I have been seduced by cartomizers: both the amazing Smok Tech dual coils and 801. Of the 801 cartos, I'm enjoying the EastMall (which I get from Vapor Junction here in the states) and Boge (from LiteCigUSA) ... and I've just ordered some Bauway from MadVapes to try out. The first two are 510-sized (with an 801 connection); the Bauway is 801-sized.

Be careful using those LR 801 atomizers on the standard 801 batteries in your kit. LR is intended for 450+ mAh batteries.

Thanks for the advice Don and it's always a pleasure to hear your advice.

I know LRs shouldn't be used on standard kit batteries but I can't help myself. I do the same with my 510s. I love LR 510 attys and I am willing to lose batteries sooner rather than later (but the way my batteries are lasting I am not so sure their life is diminished that much). Standard 3.7 volt regular atties just don't give me the vaper and throat hit I want. I guess it equates to a desire to get a simulated 4+ volt experience. I am only now getting into the world of big batt mods to satisfy my appetite for 4-5v.

I see so many 6V non-variable mods out there like the silver bullet, omega, but there doesn't seem to be many 5V mods out there apart from the more expensive variable voltage mods like the Provari. And from what I hear 6Vs can be a bit harsh and cook the juice too much.

So for this reason I've ordered the Joye ego booster by Happy vaper/Artisan and can't wait to get it.

If you know of any native 5v tube mods please let me know! If only the silver bullet came as a 5V!

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread