Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
I also started on a cig-a-like after decades of smoking. I used nicotine gum and a gas station look a like for almost a year....then I read about a vape shop that was coming to our town. Went there to check it out but figured it was going to be way too expensive to try...the girl behind the counter set ne up with an ego battery, refillable tank, and a couple small bottles of juice for under $50. I couldn't believe the taste and amount of "smoke I was getting out of this setup...I was in heaven until I went back to the vape shop and she sold me a vv battery and a better tank and told me about Ecf...and now it's a long happy road with upgraded setups. i learned a lot from ECF but do wish I had some vaping friends!!

Reactions: AndyNJ

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
What got you into vaping?
3 years ago, I bought a cigalike kit to help me quit smoking. It didn't do the trick.

Last year, I walked into a B&M and purchased an ego starter kit. Paid 3x what it would have cost on-line, but I was overwhelmed and the step by step tutorial by the employee was priceless! :cool:
1 month later, I discovered ecf! :banana:

Next week Friday, when this contest ends, I'll be 7 months smokfree! :D

Thanks for the contest! :thumb:

Good Luck Everyone! :)

wvloony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
I was on a second honeymoon after 20 years of marriage, and really wanted to.smoke a hookah. I knew vaping could produce the clouds I was craving and the flavor to boot. Picked up a starter ego t and some juice from a local vape store in pigeon forge and while I liked it, was still using analog. Got home, and within a few weeks dumped the analog and went full digital, and haven't looked back since

Reactions: AndyNJ

Silver5656

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I started on accident. I was looking for a new "gadget/toy" and one day decided to walk into a local bm. I walked out with a mech and a kayfun. I'm very familiar with batteries and electronics and building so it wasn't a safety issue with me. 3 days later, and I gave up analogs.

mekakeisei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Warwick, RI
I started vaping because I was tired of being sick all the time. Bad sinus headaches daily, sometimes so bad it would cause me to yarf. Constant sinus or ear infections. Not being able to walk a block without getting out of breath. Waking up every morning feeling like I had a large dog/horse sleeping on my chest the whole night. I was trying gums and mints and patches and nothing was helping.
I started searching for anything else I could try and stumbled upon ecf. I did try and start with a cigalike, which was horrible, and a lovely lady came along my post about my misery and saved me with a a couple of egos. :)

caroloto

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Freeport, IL
I wanted to quit smoking cigs several years ago and tried the gum which was no help sure maybe I got the nicotine but not the feeling from holding a cig in your hand. A few years later I saw e-cigs ads, in gas stations/stores and starting thinking about buying one. I did buy a auto disposable one which cost a little more then a pack of cigs. It was ok and a friend of mine whom work wouldn't no longer let them smoke in the work vans but said for the worker whom smoke to get ecigs to use. She ended up buy a ego when the new vape store opened after trying those disposable ones. I asked her about them and she lent me an extra battery until I got a set. Well since I had notice the ones she was buying from the BM were almost as bad as the one gotten from the gas stations/stores. I did research. found ECF and ordered a Kanger Evo started kit with the 2 batteries and tanks and 5 pack of coils (which by the way is still working) and I have passed them on to one of my friends. I now have 2 MVP20w and serval types of Kanger protanks 2's and a mini subtank. Well my research also helped my friend whom lent me one of hers has used my research and now has a MVP and Kanger tanks.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
After smoking over 40 years, trying to quit using every method on the market and failing with each and every one I ended up with kidney cancer. Had one kidney removed and laying around at home recuperating researched e-cigs online. They kept me off the smokes and I found ECF about 3 months later.

Will have been smoke free and cancer free for 5 years July 15.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
I started about a year and a half ago on Christmas. My oldest son gave my wife and I Ego setups and all the fixins for christmas. We spent the day learning how to vape. Took us a little while to completely give up the cigs but My stop date is Feb 26, 2014. I used to get up get coffee go outside and have my first coffee and smoke. One morning I got up got coffee set down in my recliner and vaped. I haven't had the desire to touch one since. Pretty much the same for my wife. Well on exception, my wife being the thrifty one of us waited till all but one of the cigs were gone. I think the only reason she didn't smoke it was if she started the day smoking I'd have been going to the store to get more so we wishboned it between us. From there to an SVD for me and Vamo V3 for her though about 16 since then. and now her on an IPV mini 2 (thanks Angelphyre for the suggestion she loves it) Me on a Segelei 20 that is my youngest sons with a few mechs and my latest acquisitions Neptune V1 hybrid. Many tanks landing on the Nautilus for both of us and the Atlantis for me. With an Authentic Catarpiller Dripper that again Angelphyre made possible. We love it and passing the 1 year mark makes it certain that we will never go back to cigs. And now I'm using a Tesla 120 with a Maganus subohm tank. It just keeps getting better and better.

AndyNJ

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2014
Paramus, NJ
www.breazy.com
You guys/gals are truly awesome and very inspirational. I'm Arnie (Under Andy's account..I also work for Breazy) those of you who've visited our website have probably seen me doing live chat support recommending juices. I got into vaping at the suggestion of my then girlfriend/now wife who had seen me struggle as a smoker trying to quit at least 5 times. My 2 decade habit which started in my early teens was one I wanted to end but psychologically smoking was something attached to most of my daily activities (working, web browsing, work). It was extremely difficult to disassociate smoking from these activities so patches and lozenges did nothing to curb my natural reaction of reaching over into a pack of cigarettes and grabbing one. My first setup was an ego 650 mah battery and one of the early ce tanks, I almost gave up on vaping a week later because I did little to no research other than where to purchase one so I bought house juice from a shop that was extremely heavy on pg. The allergic reaction took off right away but I wasn't smoking, my neck did swell a bit and my wife (love this woman and he research abilities) went online and discovered what pg sensitivity amongst vapers was. I took a few weeks off and started doing my own research, I found ECF where I didn't join at the time and got to reading about what people with pg sensitivity were using and got to ordering. I also ordered an mvp that came with the iclear tanks, the rest is history. I will admit it was not easy at first socially pulling out a mod with juice in it and at the time vaping wasn't as common knowledge but it was a great conversation creator. The process hasn't gone without a few bumps in the road early on but i'm happy to say my lungs, my quality of life, and my outlook on a longer life are much improved. My wife followed in my steps and started vaping as well, we are now an analog free household. Thank you all for sharing, I felt I needed to share my story sicne you have all been so gracious in sharing your own personal story.

Jomoke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Connecticut
I smoked for 40 years before finally quitting with vaping. I had tried the patch, gum.....you name it....even went cold turkey for a 3 year stretch. I bought a gas station variety type of ecig that you had to plug in to charge but it never was truly satisfying and I would go back and forth between that and cigarettes.

One of my nieces was visiting from Vermont during the Christmas holiday in 2011. She pulled out an ego type ecig (Riva 650 mah to be exact) with a cartridge and let me try it. As soon as I tried it I knew that's what I needed to finally quit. She gave me the name of the company and person to contact in Vermont. I called the very next day and he sent me my first real ego kit. I used cartridges for a while and he sent me a couple of cartomizers to try. I used cartomizers for the first year and a half before finally switching to tanks.

The first day I got the kit in the mail was the very last day I smoked a cigarette. I will never forget the man who helped me in Vermont. I think the name of the store was Green Mountain Vapor. I must have called him a hundred times (exaggeration) asking questions and he answered them every time.

It's amazing to me how much the industry has grown in the past 3 years or so. I will ever forget my first Riva's!!! They did me well.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Hated smoking, but couldn't quit. Promised my wife I'd quit when our first son was born. He turned 10 a couple of years ago and I was still smoking. Had heard a lot about vaping and decided to give it a shot. Set a date, bought my stuff, and have been vaping ever since.

AndyNJ

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2014
Paramus, NJ
www.breazy.com
Congratulations to you all, wish I could give each one of you a bottle but alas the contest was for 3 winners. Those winners are
kathi17, caroloto, and Jomoke. These winners will be pm'd requesting their shipping information. All winners were selected at random by having their name drawn out of a baseball cap. Thank you all for participating and make sure to enter our next giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread