Brownish/Yellowish residue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all - has anyone else with their ejuice noticed any brownish/yellowish residue in their cartos or anything?

I've been vaping Kryptonite from goodejuice.com in a Smoktech DCT (2.0ohm operating at 4.2v) since Friday and the carto has a brown tinge to it at the top. I clean my drip tip a few times a day and I also notice a colored residue on there and when I let my tank sit for a while then move it - from the bottom hole I can see a brownish tinge to the otherwise green liquid coming from the hole. Certainly rust hasn't hit the coils in just a few days can it? Especially when it's constantly wet...

I am assuming 1 of 2 things:
-Running it too hot at 4.2v - burnt juice/vapor/carto since it's a dual-coil and 50/50 doesn't make it up to the top of the carto often unless i re-prime it so the vapor/juice up top on the carto burns a bit since it's not as wet as the bottom... or...

-Nicotine? It's only 12mg but I have no clue what happens to nicotine when burned.

I know other atty styles like Novas and the like - the wicks do get discolored from burning but maybe I just notice it more since it's so easy to see the carto by removing the drip tip.

Thoughts, anyone?

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I get the same thing from the coil area of my Vivi Novas. I assume it's burnt juice/coil crud. When it starts to get really bad I clean the tank and replace or rebuild the coil head. Takes about a week for it to start coming back. Quick fix in a Vivi is to dry burn the crap off the coil and reassemble. That usually buys me another 4 or 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread