Build for the Aromamizer Plus and Kylin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
If it's Kanthal, switch it to power mode and see if that helps. I'm not sure what TC does with kanthal if anything. I never run in TC mode.
Ugh...it was ok for awhile but then I started getting dry hits so I replaced them with 2*28ka1/38ni80 fused claptons...I'm still not getting the warm vape that I'm looking for and the flavor isn't as intense as it was when I used prebuilt claptons but I only got one dry hit...I think k I'm going to retire my Aromamizer and hope that the Footoon Aqua Reboot that I ordered is all that they say it is...thank you!

Reactions: stols001

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
What is the replay on the DNA 250c? Have you ever heard of the Footoon Aqua Reboot?

The original Aqua was my favorite tank at the time. Now I have the Aqua FX which is a decent tank as well. I've seen the Reboot but haven't tried it or considered it right now. I would imagine it's a good vape though judging on their history and what I've seen of it.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Ok, just put a new build in the Plus. Here are the pictures to show you how I wick it.

20180322_020808.jpg

I went 22 gauge, 4mm id, 5 1/2 wraps, came in at .25 ohms.

Run your wicks through, the length should touch the bottom, then use tweezers to thin them out.

20180322_021439.jpg

Should look about like that. Just enough to fill the juice cup. Then, and this is important...

20180322_021626.jpg

Lift and tuck them in. Don't stuff them in or you'll get dry hits. Next, wet the wicks from the top then flip the deck over. Bottom of wicks should be mostly dry. Use a flat head or tweezers to make a little bubble or channel in the middle.

20180322_022800.jpg

I'm running it at 80 watts. No dry hits, no leaks, flavor is phenomenal.

Make sure you're putting enough cotton in the coils. You can thin out the wicks at the end to fit the cups, but too thin in the coil makes dryer hits with less flavor.

Postalangel

Oct 25, 2015
Ok, just put a new build in the Plus. Here are the pictures to show you how I wick it.

View attachment 730881
I went 22 gauge, 4mm id, 5 1/2 wraps, came in at .25 ohms.

Run your wicks through, the length should touch the bottom, then use tweezers to thin them out.

View attachment 730883
Should look about like that. Just enough to fill the juice cup. Then, and this is important...

View attachment 730885
Lift and tuck them in. Don't stuff them in or you'll get dry hits. Next, wet the wicks from the top then flip the deck over. Bottom of wicks should be mostly dry. Use a flat head or tweezers to make a little bubble or channel in the middle.

View attachment 730887
I'm running it at 80 watts. No dry hits, no leaks, flavor is phenomenal.

Make sure you're putting enough cotton in the coils. You can thin out the wicks at the end to fit the cups, but too thin in the coil makes dryer hits with less flavor.
Super! Thank you! 22g 3.5mm 10 wraps is my go to build in every single rda I own, I thought that ID would be too big for an rta to be able to wick properly but I'm gonna try it...bit I'll do a 4mm ID like you did because there's no way I could fit 10 wraps in this rta...I did just put in a new build, I made a staple coil out of 3 pieces of .8mm flat kanthal and wrapped it in 38g ni80...6 wraps, 3mm, ohms out at .26 and so far so good...I think I may not have been placing the coils correctly...I wasn't moving them over to the outside of the deck near the airflow, I was trying to "center" them under the drip tip, like you would do with the Drop rda...idk, but I do have 1 more question (actually 2), what kind of cotton are you using and is your peek insulator one continuous piece or is there a gap in the middle?

Reactions: stols001

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
If it's Kanthal, switch it to power mode and see if that helps. I'm not sure what TC does with kanthal if anything. I never run in TC mode.
I have not done it but if you use tcr modes you can set a tc curve for kanthal. Although i doubt it works as well as other metals due to it's lack of fluctuation.

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
So that's a fused clapton made with all titanium? What are the ohms on that build? I've been making fused claptons out of ka1, ss316l and ni80 and Everytime I use the same and ni80 as a wrap, it turns like a brown/copperish color and turns my cotton brown...do you get any discoloration with the titanium?

Yes all Titanium wire, because it is Ti I don't dry burn them. I do Not get any cotton discolouration at all. Problem with no dry burn is they get gunked up, I can remove them & clean with a wire brush, once or twice, then I just replace them.
IMO I get the best flavour with Ti, I also use SS430 Claptons in TC mode, they can be dry burdened & there life span is a bit longer, but the flavour notes are not as good as with the Ti :)

The top one in the Supreme ohms out @ .11 ish & the bottom one in the Kylin Mini ohms out @ .08 ish :) I run these on DNA mods with a custom TCR from Steam Engine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread