The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Build ideas for the Comet RDA?

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by Ivan6Two, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ivan6Two

Ivan6Two Full Member Verified Member

Jan 15, 2018
    NoVA
    Struggling to get the amazing flavor I've read about on this RDA.

I've tried simple wire builds, from 2.5mm to 3.0mm, oriented horizontally across the atty and also at an angle (parallel with the airflow holes). I've also tried fused claptons and aliens.

About to throw in the towel soon and sell this thing (that I paid a lot for, shipped to the States from Canada)... :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Maybe you're expecting too much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    It looks to me like the way it was designed is to have the coil sit perpendicular to the airflow. Reminds me a lot of a pulse airflow wise actually except that it has a nice deep well. I kind of like the design. I don’t see how it would seriously outperform another side airflow dome top RDA though. I think @Don29palms may have it. You could just be expecting too much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ivan6Two

Ivan6Two Full Member Verified Member

Jan 15, 2018
    NoVA
    I’ll continue experimenting with coil ID and placement... curious about this RDA’s 45-degree airflow design (and others similar to it) - wouldn’t you want airflow to be parallel with the coil?

• Like Like x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Not always, it depends on the design. I'd say keep experimenting with things before you throw in the towel. I try to not expect too much of my gear, especially as I am experimenting with getting it working how I like.... That way I am not disappointed and there is nowhere to go but up....

I hope you find something that allows you to enjoy it more.

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.