RDA Build Suggestions for Caterpillar RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
So I got my Caterpillar rda yesterday. The one thing that let me down the most is the absolutely miniscule holes in the rda posts, you can barely work an untwisted 28ga build into them.
But it was $12 for the rda, so I'm not complaining too much, I'll just figure out a way to drill out the holes.
Anyway, I've also got a pair of Sony VTC4's to work with, because I like sub-ohming.
So I went ahead and built a 28ga sub ohm dual coil build. It's a sleeper build, with each coil being three wraps around a 2mm post. Build reads between .26 and .32 ohms.
Everything fires and works ok, only problem is I'm not getting anywhere near the clouds I get with a similar resistance build on a different mod.
Anyone have any ideas why I'm not getting the vapors?
Anyone have any 28ga sub-ohm build suggestions for this rda?

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Turns out my airholes were clogged with dirt from me having dropped the top cap at some point. So I ran a paperclip through and it is working fine now. Tried this build again, .28 ohms, sleeper macro build, about 3 wraps each side around a 2mm post, 28ga untwisted kanthal (post holes are too small for twisted builds). Chucking the vapor again :vapor:

suckerpunchltd

Mar 10, 2015
Colorado
Good to know. Picked up a Caterpillar today, my first rda, my Mutation X V3 should be here tomorrow. Using premise coils in caterpillar tonight...not bad but def want more vapor...will probably build a dual sub ohm tomorrow. Hello from just south of you in Pueblo West Colorado!

I imagine my drill press should make the wire holes bigger for different builds :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread