Building a kayfun vs a taifun gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey.al

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Ohio
Hello, I am trying to start my journey into rebuildables. I had an itaste vv v3.0 and there is a ton of info and videos on building kayfun but not too much info or video on building taifun. The taifun would look better on my itaste so that is what I want to get. Would a video on building a kayfun give me enough info on building taifun gs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I would say as far as the deck is concerned it would be the same, but not sure about filling. I have a GS in my fasttech cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet (it's been there for months), and was PIF'd a Kayfun so I now have that. And yes, the Kayfun ES is way too big for the VV (which I also have), but it does work well on it. You could also try the Kayfun Lite as it's smaller and might look better on the VV.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
GS is way more difficult to get wicking than a Kayfun. The GT is easy...but not the GS.

Took me quite a bit of trial and error with the GS to get it just right, but once set, I perceive that it provides a far more flavorful vape than the Kayfun. I believe the secret is not with the actual coil or immediate wick, but rather, setting up the gravity feed just right.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I agree that the gravity feed is the most important thing in setting up a GS. Coil is pretty straight forward but to get the juice feeding correctly can be a pain. I have found that it works best with SS mesh as feeder posts. I use cotton for the wick. If you don't deal with SS mesh you can buy them pre-rolled at Madvapes. That's what I got. Once setup it is a great vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread