The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Building coils with prebuid coils

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by Sarmad, Jul 6, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sarmad

Sarmad Full Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Hello... i have rx 2/3 with lg Hb2 batteries i use two prebuild 0.36 twisted coils in my smoke cloud beast tank... it shows me total 0.29 ohms... can someone tell me why and also advise me the range of watts for this...plss..

2. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    With two identical coils at 0.36-ohms each, you should get a total resistance of 0.18-ohms or half of the resistance of one of the coils when they are installed in parallel. Not sure why you are getting 0.29-ohms, but it may be that the coils are not the same resistance, or you have a loose connection on one of the coils. Check to make sure all of your leads are tight. Sometimes the screws loosen after a few heat-cool cycles.

Wattage is very personal and subjective. I would start low (20-30W) and increase slowly (5-watt increments) until you get the vape you are looking for. Don't rush, just slowly increase and test at each increment to avoid a dry hit or burnt cotton.

• Like Like x 2