burning coils quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickCee

May 1, 2015
New York
Hi all, hope everyone had a nice holiday. I've been vaping for close to 2 years now, but I'm having a weird problem that I can't seem to figure out. I build with either 22 or 20 ga kanthal, around .15 ohms. For some reason my build starts to taste burnt after only a day of using it. I just started with this type of build maybe a month ago , been on a tank kick cuz my hand was casted and building and dripping wasn't an option. I don't know if it has to do with how I'm wicking it or the juice I'm using. I think it's crazy if I have to put a new build in every day.

NickCee

May 1, 2015
New York
Hi all, hope everyone had a nice holiday. I've beenvaping for close to 2 years now, but I'm having a weird problem that I can't seem to figure out. I build with either 22 or 20 ga kanthal, around .15 ohms. For some reason my build starts to taste burnt after only a day of using it. I just started with this type of build maybe a month ago , been on a tank kick cuz my hand was casted and building and dripping wasn't an option. I don't know if it has to do with how I'm wicking it or the juice I'm using. I think it's crazy if I have to put a new build in every day.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi all, hope everyone had a nice holiday. I've been vaping for close to 2 years now, but I'm having a weird problem that I can't seem to figure out. I build with either 22 or 20 ga kanthal, around .15 ohms. For some reason my build starts to taste burnt after only a day of using it. I just started with this type of build maybe a month ago , been on a tank kick cuz my hand was casted and building and dripping wasn't an option. I don't know if it has to do with how I'm wicking it or the juice I'm using. I think it's crazy if I have to put a new build in every day.

2 years experience
new build for a month
also switched to tank instead of dripper.

NickCee

May 1, 2015
New York
Sorry I worded that horribly, I was using a tank for a while because of my hand. I just started getting back into using an RDA. I am currently using a kennedy 24 on top of an able mod . I think it might be that I was wicking it too tightly so not enough juice was getting to tthe center. The cotton was burning on either side of the coil and the coil itself was charring up fast as well. I lessened the amount of cotton and it seems to be better. If there's another suggestion I'm all ears, thanks for your help as always guys.

Aspired4Fire

Dec 6, 2015
Hi all, hope everyone had a nice holiday. I've beenvaping for close to 2 years now, but I'm having a weird problem that I can't seem to figure out. I build with either 22 or 20 ga kanthal, around .15 ohms. For some reason my build starts to taste burnt after only a day of using it. I just started with this type of build maybe a month ago , been on a tank kick cuz my hand was casted and building and dripping wasn't an option. I don't know if it has to do with how I'm wicking it or the juice I'm using. I think it's crazy if I have to put a new build in every day.

Check out a YouTube video by Riptrippers. He shows how to make a dragon coil where the wicking means the difference In a great/awful coil build. I tried them and they are totally legit. I will say tho that wicking is most likely your problem if I had to guess. I had the same issue until I mastered a little trial an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread