The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

burning coils quick

Discussion in 'Sub-Ohm' started by NickCee, Nov 27, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NickCee

NickCee Full Member

May 1, 2015
    New York
    Hi all, hope everyone had a nice holiday. I've been vaping for close to 2 years now, but I'm having a weird problem that I can't seem to figure out. I build with either 22 or 20 ga kanthal, around .15 ohms. For some reason my build starts to taste burnt after only a day of using it. I just started with this type of build maybe a month ago , been on a tank kick cuz my hand was casted and building and dripping wasn't an option. I don't know if it has to do with how I'm wicking it or the juice I'm using. I think it's crazy if I have to put a new build in every day.

2. NickCee

NickCee Full Member

May 1, 2015
    New York
    Hi all, hope everyone had a nice holiday. I've beenvaping for close to 2 years now, but I'm having a weird problem that I can't seem to figure out. I build with either 22 or 20 ga kanthal, around .15 ohms. For some reason my build starts to taste burnt after only a day of using it. I just started with this type of build maybe a month ago , been on a tank kick cuz my hand was casted and building and dripping wasn't an option. I don't know if it has to do with how I'm wicking it or the juice I'm using. I think it's crazy if I have to put a new build in every day.

3. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Merged duplicate threads

4. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

2 years experience
    new build for a month
    also switched to tank instead of dripper.

5. cjpeltz

cjpeltz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    United States
    From my own experience working with RTAs, 9 times out of 10 its related to my wicking. What tank are you using, what kind coils, what kinds of cotton and how much? if you have pics showing what your setup looks like whe it is dry burning, that may help the group her offer you specific advice.

6. Robert Cromwell

Robert Cromwell Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    .15 is pretty hot for Kanthal in an RTA. what RTA? Watts? PG/VG mix?

7. NickCee

NickCee Full Member

May 1, 2015
    New York
    Sorry I worded that horribly, I was using a tank for a while because of my hand. I just started getting back into using an RDA. I am currently using a kennedy 24 on top of an able mod . I think it might be that I was wicking it too tightly so not enough juice was getting to tthe center. The cotton was burning on either side of the coil and the coil itself was charring up fast as well. I lessened the amount of cotton and it seems to be better. If there's another suggestion I'm all ears, thanks for your help as always guys.

8. Aspired4Fire

Aspired4Fire Full Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Check out a YouTube video by Riptrippers. He shows how to make a dragon coil where the wicking means the difference In a great/awful coil build. I tried them and they are totally legit. I will say tho that wicking is most likely your problem if I had to guess. I had the same issue until I mastered a little trial an error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.