Burnt Flavor on New Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Lozado

Apr 4, 2019
I am new to vaping. I bought my SMOANT NABOO 225W TC STARTER KIT to begin with (2 weeks ago). I also bought REDS Ice Grape Apple juice and Air Factory Strawberry Kiwi juice (3mg). I noticed that, even after changing coils, I get this insane burnt taste.

I've primed my coils as I did research on this, I've started on low Wattage, etc. and nothing works. I also don't chain smoke, so I don't think this should be an issue. Also, I am at 30W and it still tastes burnt. I get the flavor of the juice very slightly only when I refill the tank.

This keeps happening and I'm not sure what to do? Do I need a new tank? If so, any recommendations for this mod?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Info only: This Naboo kit is a 225W TC mod combined with a tank-style topper that takes 0.17Ω (60W-100W) and 0.18Ω (40W-80W) proprietary drop-in mesh coil assemblies. The also appears to be a 0.12Ω coil available. The literature does not state whether these coils are TC-compatible.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I know you said you primed your coil but let's walk through it

did you add juice to the coil before installing (not always need but helps)
after installing coil and filling the tank did you let it sit for 10 minutes (or more)
after letting the coil sit in the tank filled with juice, did you turn the watts on your mod all the way down then fire, and slowly raising the watts up and firing until you reached your desired level?
Are you using TC or Power mode? if tc what is the material of the coil and what tc mode are you using and settings?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm hoping it's a priming issue. IDK too much about mesh (I am vaping my first mesh coil and kind of loving it) but I hear they can be finicky beasts and also not play well with certain juices and whatnot.

Is there a "wattage level" that you get the burnt taste at? Recommended wattages are just that-- recommendations from the manufacturer. I am usually (not always but often) below that lower number and perfectly happy.

Also, chain vaping (at any wattage) is going to murder coils and juice. I might pick up another setup (if you can) and rotate them. As far as recommendations…. If you can get a crown uwell original the users of those are SUPER happy and it has a very wide variance of coil types, including (I thing) coils you can use in TC mode. Good luck to you,.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I am new to vaping. I bought my SMOANT NABOO 225W TC STARTER KIT to begin with (2 weeks ago). I also bought REDS Ice Grape Apple Juice and Air Factory Strawberry Kiwi juice (3mg). I noticed that, even after changing coils, I get this insane burnt taste.

I've primed my coils as I did research on this, I've started on low Wattage, etc. and nothing works. I also don't chain smoke, so I don't think this should be an issue. Also, I am at 30W and it still tastes burnt. I get the flavor of the juice very slightly only when I refill the tank.

This keeps happening and I'm not sure what to do? Do I need a new tank? If so, any recommendations for this mod?

You followed the advice of this guy in this video?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I am new to vaping. I bought my SMOANT NABOO 225W TC STARTER KIT to begin with (2 weeks ago). I also bought REDS Ice Grape Apple Juice and Air Factory Strawberry Kiwi juice (3mg). I noticed that, even after changing coils, I get this insane burnt taste.

Hi and welcome,
How long are your draws/inhales?
How do you have the airflow adjusted?
30 watts seems a bit low.

IMO, you are trying to use a big air (DTL) tank to vape like a cigarette (slow, moderate strength inhale for 4 or more seconds.)
In that case the tank/coils are not designed for the type of vape experience you want/need.

You can watch a few videos of that tank in use and attempt to mimic the watts, air flow setting and inhale strength and speed of the reviewer and you may get more flavor and a bit more satisfaction.
A more restricted air flow tank may be a better option if you find that big, fast inhales and large clouds to not be your "thing".

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread