Burnt taste problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

karledmnd

Nov 10, 2018
South Africa
Im back looking for some help, because i can't wrap my head around this problem.
Im vaping 70/30 liquid, on 40W. I primed my coil but it still tastes a little burnt. If i go over 40 watts it tastes REALLY burnt. I also have my airflow wide open & I've tried other coils too, primed of course, still burnt taste after a couple of hits.
any ideas? :/

Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Reasons for burnt coils/taste

1) Inadequately primed coil, see video below
2) Wattage too high
3) Ramping the wattage up too fast on a newly primed coil, see video below
4) juice too thick for the coil, inadequate wicking
5) Tank ran dry
6) bad coil

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Reasons for burnt coils/taste

1) Inadequately primed coil, see video below
2) Wattage too high
3) Ramping the wattage up too fast on a newly primed coil, see video below
4) Juice too thick for the coil, inadequate wicking
5) Tank ran dry
6) bad coil

7) They're Smok
Most complained about coils I know of with wicking problems, bad hits, funky tastes...

• Agree
Reactions: ranjen617

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Try poking your smok coils in the wick with a needle in a few areas. Smok coils can have unduly tight wicking and that sometimes will help. Also, do all the other stuff above. That MAY help, it doesn't always help.

I think there are lots of other coils to be had other than smok coils but I can't remember if the Prince is one of them I don't sub0hm and especially Smok. I think it may be the one that won't accept non-proprietary coils, but I stand ready to be corrected on that.

You have nothing to lose by stabbing them with a needle at this point, especially if it's all of them you've tried so far (although if you aren't priming properly and etc., you should probably try that first.) It may even be somewhat satisfying.

Make sure your airflow is keeping up with your coils wattage, and try not to chain vape. It could be your liquids I guess, or some sort of user error but the bottom line is Smok coils can be a bit iffy from the QC perspective.

Good luck,

Anna

karledmnd

Nov 10, 2018
South Africa
Try poking your smok coils in the wick with a needle in a few areas. Smok coils can have unduly tight wicking and that sometimes will help. Also, do all the other stuff above. That MAY help, it doesn't always help.

I think there are lots of other coils to be had other than smok coils but I can't remember if the Prince is one of them I don't sub0hm and especially Smok. I think it may be the one that won't accept non-proprietary coils, but I stand ready to be corrected on that.

You have nothing to lose by stabbing them with a needle at this point, especially if it's all of them you've tried so far (although if you aren't priming properly and etc., you should probably try that first.) It may even be somewhat satisfying.

Make sure your airflow is keeping up with your coils wattage, and try not to chain vape. It could be your liquids I guess, or some sort of user error but the bottom line is Smok coils can be a bit iffy from the QC perspective.

Good luck,

Anna

Omg i completly forgot about that!!! Thank you so much that fixed it :))

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The old poke the clogged cotton with a needle trick....
Maxwell Smart approved.

I had a Penguin do that one day while stuck in traffic. While sitting on the interstate parking lot I texted my brother who suggested that.

I used a paper clip, which was too big actually but... I was no longer getting a taste like I was smoking my t-shirt. Instead it was flooding the chamber. But once the snarl allowed me to make it home I popped in a new coil pack with a sewing needle sized hole in it and never looked back.
(Penguin now sets in a drawer, but it sure was a great starter kit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread