Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
They are just pushed on with a little bit of string or dental floss to keep it from coming off. To actually take it back off, just get a butter knife or some plastic prying thing that you find in your junk drawer and pop it back off. (If you can't just grab it with your fingers and pull it off) Grab a new piece of string, lay it across the button and push the new one on.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
hmmm..i must have extra tough thumbs :glare:

Dunno. The regular nekkid buttons never bothered me either. Youse guys doing some real serious button mashing here?

Well, you guys are from Philly and Beantown, respectively. Isn't toughness a requirement for living there? :)

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
If you have a brass door you HAVE to get a brass button cover. I think it's a Reo rule somewhere. :p Or.... the brass covers are $6 the black $4. Live a little and get both. The black one looks good on just about everything so if you decide to use just use the brass one, the black will probably end up on your next Reo.

I am not sure which one to get....:glare: My grand is going to be black wrinkle/brass engraved door. So I was thinking of getting both black and brass. Thanks for the reply Ken

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm a little on the fence about my button cover. I've never experienced any discomfort using the button as is. But, the flat tops I just sarted using the the grand make the throw a lot longer and I find myself either mashing the button (which I never do otherwise) or coming up short... The button cover makes the throw feel right with the flat tops.

With a button top, for whatever reason, I keep locking my button accidentally. If I want to be able to use the button top full time, I'm going to have to remove the locking pin.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Did someone mention brass door, brass atty and brass button?

morebrass1_zps16224b7a.jpg

Locking pin removed also. Sorry couldn't help myself :facepalm:

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
The ebay seller that sold me that one doesn't sell them anymore, it is the red cap bottle. They may be available on Amazon. These ones work well too, they are not quite as thick but I have had no issues with them. There is a "square bottles thread" on Reoville, some have had problems but smooth sailing for me except one where I drilled the hole in the cap too large. ETA - those bottles are 6ml, for a mini, not for a Woodvil or a Grand.

Last edited:

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
They are just pushed on with a little bit of string or dental floss to keep it from coming off. To actually take it back off, just get a butter knife or some plastic prying thing that you find in your junk drawer and pop it back off. (If you can't just grab it with your fingers and pull it off) Grab a new piece of string, lay it across the button and push the new one on.

Dumb question here- exactly where does the string go? Is it being used like an oring (for lack of a better word)? I have one coming with mine which is my first Reo. Can't picture exactly how the button goes on ;)

Last edited:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Did someone mention brass door, brass atty and brass button?

Locking pin removed also. Sorry couldn't help myself :facepalm:

What do you use to keep Patina from building on the Brass??

I got some Maas metal polisher from Ace Hardware. It works great to clean the Brass up, but doesn't seal it. I may have to get some Protectaclear.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I'm letting mine patina. If you clear coat it make SURE you don't touch it first or a fingerprint will oxidize under the clear coat.

Where does the Baking Soda and Water come in to play?? After you clean it with Maas? I'm learning more and more about Brass. Love the look of it. Just want it to stay that way.

When you say 'clear coat' ... which product are your referring to for clear coating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread