Not open for further replies.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Is that the slim switch?

Here's the button after a quick wipe down and reassembly. I made a nylon bushing for my Slim to stop the side "wobble"....now it's straight in and straight out.

slim1.jpg

slim6.jpg

Had to use the same procedure on my GGTS and GGTB when I installed the switch magnets

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Excellent tip Parallex, JB Kwik is not a product I know of, but have looked it up on Amazon, so I think I may order some of that.

I do have a slight problem still, that when locking the switch, I often catch the top brass button, and it gets loose. So far its come apart twice...lol

Yes, I know I have not got it tightened sufficiently, and hopefully a friend, who has a GGTS is visiting this week, and will tighten the whole thing up for me.

I have the magnets now, and I love the fact that the top one, on escaping, somersaults and hangs onto the other two....:)

I also have a spare switch now as Krom sent me a spring too, and that's the one I need help to unscrew.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
No Imeo, I bought a brand new one, and added the magnets, as I just couldnt disassemble the one already in. But the brass screw isnt in tight enough, and it turns when I lock the switch, hence it gets loose and the magnets force it off...

I bought the two tone one, remember? so it could look even prettier...:)

The problem is with me not the buttons...:facepalm:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
But the brass screw isnt in tight enough, and it turns when I lock the switch, hence it gets loose and the magnets force it off...

The problem is with me not the buttons...:facepalm:

You aren't the problem; but here's a solution to getting it tight w/o marking up the button. Nylon lined pliers. You can grip the bottom of the switch and put some force to get it tight. Then, all that moves will be the button lock. As low as 3 bucks.....Cousin 4469 Craft & Jewelry Nylon Jaw Pliers

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
I will certainly have a look at that when it becomes available Imeo.. I'm aquiring a fair collection of switches...lol

Parallex, thank you once again.. I shall look for that product here in the UK..

Imeo, the button on the GGT has never been a problem, that still works perfectly. However I do understand, that some people wanted one that could be taken apart, and again, I understand the reasons for that.

It is no longer a major problem.. so I cause the button to loosen, so what?... the magnets dont get lost...:laugh::laugh::laugh: stop worrying about me....:)

I will do as Parallex suggests, and buy a nylon tipped tool, that way it wont be a problem again....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread