Buyers beware!! alienvapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
I agree we need to keep the word out. If I was closer to FL I'd return this crap personally and he wouldn't be able to sit for a week

it made me even sicker when I realized I live 30 minutes away from this guy. He seems to be an expert at luring people. I really wish there was a better way of making people aware... I even sent a message directly to the forum manager pleading with him, but got no response. Anyone else have any ideas on how we can get this shouted from the mountain top?

Last edited:
Dude you're close enough to TP his house!

I'm kidding, of course. But I do agree that this is a situation that needs to be better publicized, and ECF is the best place to do it, being the single biggest gathering of vapers anywhere.

If I was running AVE, I'd be tempted to sue, except that it would risk putting the vaping industry more into the limelight, which could potentially accelerate the various government agencies paying attention, and screwing everything up as they inevitably do. I feel that before too long, the situation we have now of nearly unlimited choices in inexpensive, high-quality juices and hardware will be longingly thought of as the "salad days", or the "halcyon days", before the regulators got involved and ruined it.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
Not everyone knows this, especially newbs like me. I just accidentally ordered from Alien Vapor thinking they made the original Boba's. Unfortunately they do not cancel orders.

There's a reason for that. If everyone who ordered their version of BB found out they ordered from the wrong site after clicking the Confirm button they wouldn't make any money.

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
Waldorf, MD
I ordered from them before...I liked the extra flavoring...I was getting ready to order butterscotch with extra flavor...Even though I was not ripped in my opinion I rather not support a site that is stealing ideas/ passing off fakes. I'll hold off ordering from them..I will go with my vapor God..I'll get more for less $$ anyway. IS there other sites that have extra flavor as an option?

Last edited:
I was able to order real Boba's several weeks ago (in the afternoon) with no problems. I'm already almost halfway through it. It seems the expansion at AVE is working out. I also ordered their Havana Gold, which after 2 weeks of steeping is excellent.

We've actually seen a positive review of Alienvapors juice. I guess taste really is subjective. Maybe that....person who runs alienvapors is putting some effort in, who knows? He still won't getting another cent from me. I'm a forgiving person...but not that forgiving. I know everybody's got to make a living, but come on....

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
So I was duped by this company (Alien Vapors) as I too was on a quest for the famed Boba's Bounty. Knowing how highly regarded this juice was I quickly placed an order for their largest bottle as well as to normal sized one's for Spiced Rum and Kentucky Bourbon as I have not seen many sites with these flavors. A half-hour later I stumbled upon this thread. I requested a cancellation of my order by email but was told it was already in processing and that it would soon be shipped to me. It came in the mail today and I figured what the heck. I'll give them a try. The big bottle of Boba's looked a bit scary as it was a nondescript plastic bottle with the top secured with some odd white plastic wrapping and a sticker slapped on the side. It was thick and dark and my first thought was this is someone's home recipe of a marinade for grilling.

While I think the intentional copying of someone's product without labelling it a "clone" (which would be very apropos as we're talking about the Fett family here) I have to say its not bad. It's fresh and can use a bit of steeping but I can see this being very good. I wish I had a bottle of the real thing to compare it to but it has all of the characteristics I've been reading about--especially the slight vinegar aftertaste and subtle sweetness contrasting with a bit of pungency. Its gentle and complex and as I vape it more I am picking out new nuances. Every once and a while a herbal note peaks through. Did they reformulate? Did they buy out AVE (they haven't been selling for a while now.) I don't know. I'm just glad my money is not entirely lost.

The other two taste just as their name describes. I was expecting the spiced rum to be full and rounded like Captain Morgan's but it's a bit more narrow and straightforward in flavor thus far. I get a strong spiced throat hit which ebbs into a subtle rum flavor finishing with the warmth of a good, rich cinnamon. I think it would be excellent rounded out with a little vanilla. The bourbon tastes like the warm exhale after throwing down a belt of sour mash leaving a familiar dull heat in the pit of my stomach.

Strangely all seem to be of decent quality and satisfying in flavor. Still, I can't wait to get a bottle of the real thing for comparison side by side.
Go back and read my post, google the guys name and then come back and say you would feel safe ingesting anything this guy is peddling.

Real AVE Boba's Bounty is very complex, and changes over time. I have vaped a lot of it, fresh and steeped. One thing I have definitely never experienced is a "vinegar aftertaste".

AVE has definitely gotten their new facility up and running. Not only are their juices much easier to order, but their old white labels, which tended to fade so badly that you couldn't read them within a few weeks, are gone. The new labels are of high quality, and the juices that I got two weeks ago (Boba's and Havana Gold) just keep getting better with every passing day.

Last edited:
Go back and read my post, google the guys name and then come back and say you would feel safe ingesting anything this guy is peddling.

Holy crap! I wish I had seen your post before posting what I did. Even if the stuff I got tasted halfway decent, its totally not worth putting my health at risk. Now I REALLY feel duped. So glad I was able to place an order in for the real thing. Thanks for replying to my post.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
Holy crap! I wish I had seen your post before posting what I did. Even if the stuff I got tasted halfway decent, its totally not worth putting my health at risk. Now I REALLY feel duped. So glad I was able to place an order in for the real thing. Thanks for replying to my post.
I feel so invaded. Like I said in another post, I live less than 30 minutes from the guy... However I just realized he lives less than 30 minutes away from me (I live in Largo FL and he is just up the road in Spring Hill FL). And since I ordered from him he has my home address which is also the address of my kids which he also likes to prey on. I wish the mods of this forum would do something to help get the word out to warn people that this site isn't legitimate and a scam. They don't have to bring up his criminal history, but can easily state the guy is selling counterfeit product.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
Real AVE Boba's Bounty is very complex, and changes over time. I have vaped a lot of it, fresh and steeped. One thing I have definitely never experienced is a "vinegar aftertaste".

AVE has definitely gotten their new facility up and running. Not only are their juices much easier to order, but their old white labels, which tended to fade so badly that you couldn't read them within a few weeks, are gone. The new labels are of high quality, and the juices that I got two weeks ago (Boba's and Havana Gold) just keep getting better with every passing day.
Well, ave like most juice makers add vinegar to lower ph and round it out. As many people's tastes are different and juices taste different to different folks, people are also sensitive to specific flavors and they can get the slight vinegar taste from it. Check out the vinegar thread. It gives a good look under the hood and behind the scenes of what actually goes into the juices we buy. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/252238-vinegar.html

update: so after not being able to cancel that order I received BB, Gorilla, and RY4 (50/50%) from alienvapors. I also received my order from Alien Visions, BB and Gorilla juice. First time trying these, I have to say i was pleasantly surprised by all the Alienvapors and rather disappointed by the Alien Visions.. go figure. Guessing the AVE needs to steep? but currently getting dryish vapes with relatively little flavor. - evod, twist vv, 1 wick, 2.5ohms, 4+ish volts. getting much better vape and much more flavor from the alienvapors stuff. hmm.. still working on it tho

I also enjoyed the Alien Vapor Bobas. The quality is not anywhere near what AVE Juice produces- Alien Vapor was poorly mixed and an inconsitent vape until I tweeked it a bit. I loved the general flavor though. I added some VG and an almond flavor I like, warmed it, shook it and steeped it. That did the trick.

As far as the dryish hits- I would think that is more from the thinkness of AVE Juice's 100% VG mix. You could add just a few drops of distilled water, or a couple of drops of vodka to thin it out a little. That might fix this issue. I like the genuine Boba's a lot and I buy as much as I can get. I vape it as it is and also mix other tobaccos with it. The two Bobas actually mix quite well into a fine tobacco flavor.

So I got my first taste of Boba's Bounty today. Nothing like the crap Alien Vapors was peddling. Very complex indeed. I'm getting a predominant "honey graham" flavor with a bit of vanilla. I do get a bit of tang after a while and a strange sense that there's a bit of a coating left in my mouth--almost like taking a spoonful of honey. I am not getting any tobacco flavor. The flavor is complex and subtle. I can see myself vaping a lot of this. Glad I ordered two 100ml. bottles. I'm also trying their "Bee's Knees" flavor which is a full-on honey experience. I swear I can even taste the clover from which the honey was made.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
the owner of alien vapors is a sick-o and id never buy from him
GLENN JOSEPH POLACEK.-.Florida Sexual Offender

Go back to page 6 or 7. That has already been covered. You may want to edit your post as I believe it is against forum rules to post names and link to personal information.

theres a lot of info on reddit too. Someone even found a link to the original story, charges and evidence that was collected. Pretty bad stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread