Buying a new mod. Which of these do you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Well .vape shop is having a sale on some older mods, and my alien and Battlestar will go to rda duty as I don't care if they get dirty or messy..

Will mainly be used just for subohm tanks. Really no higher than 100W

Want something that's good quality and doesn't have any 510 , screen , board or quality issues

Some are on sale some are not. Sooooo
What do y'all suggest?

Smoant cylon $59 - mod only
Rxgen3 kit - $54
Voopoo 2 kit - $79
Revenger kit - $59
Revenger x kit - $79
smok mag kit - $79

None of those - $0

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
That would be the mag or the gen3.. I'm not familiar with wismec other than some big 510 issues. Smok.... Well. I don't think they are built the best with the best internals so kind of iffy on that. Although I love the feel of the mod.

The voopoo seems to have the best board in it , but not the greatest ergonomics . The revenger and the x.. I don't know much about , but they seem to be liked.

Lol hence why I'm asking. I can't make up my mind :D

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The revenger is a big win if you charge off cable instead of using a charger because it’s got usbC instead of microUSB2. Iirc it will also take a 30mm atty. I don’t know if wismec solved its 510 post issues or not with the gen3. Needs research. I haven’t seen as many smok mag complaints on this forum as alien complaints, but there have been a few.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I would go with the Cylon or the VooPoo, but I'm partial there because I own/like both of them, lol.

I bought the TOO because of the Gene chip (like my Drags a lot) and the looks, but the TOO is hardly the most ergonomic mod. I do like mine though, no regrets.

The Cylon just all around rocks in my opinion. Smoant has a great chip in this baby and it feels great in the hand to me. Looks like a much more expensive mod, hits like a tank, and no issues with either of mine. I plan on getting another one when they come out with black/silver.

The Mag feels great in the hand, had a friend who got one. I own a few SMOK mods and have no complaints with mine. They have served me well so far. But in all honesty, for the money I think you get better quality with the TOO or the Cylon. If it were a choice between those three, I would chose the others over the SMOK.

I've got no experience with the others, so won't comment to be fair.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Thanks everyone!
Steamer, thanks for the suggestion, I do appreciate it! I'm just a big supporter of local. Smoke/vape shops :D

Definitely between the cylon revenger and voopoo... Who am I kidding. I don't care about ergonomics. The mag is a sweet mod , but .... Eh... It's smok.. not that , that is a bad thing. I'm just not picking it as the best mod .so sorry for even throwing that one in the mix.
I think I want the TOO , because it's the newest of the 3.. although I don't really want another subohm tank .

Hmmm

What's the difference between the revenger and revenger x?

Cylon... Love the screen and love my battlestar. That's all I got on that one.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Cylon, but I’m a big Smoant fan. It is a great mod though so I am a fan for a reason. Smoant makes great mods. The Cylon feels great in my hand and I love that it isn’t a thin top heavy mod. The performance is not lacking a thing. If I broke this mod I’d buy another in a second, wouldn’t even consider anything else. Having said all that the revenger and voopoo would be the other two I’d consider after the Cylon.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Cylon, but I’m a big Smoant fan. It is a great mod though so I am a fan for a reason. Smoant makes great mods. The Cylon feels great in my hand and I love that it isn’t a thin top heavy mod. The performance is not lacking a thing. If I broke this mod I’d buy another in a second, wouldn’t even consider anything else. Having said all that the revenger and voopoo would be the other two I’d consider after the Cylon.

Thanks bud. I appreciate everyone posting up their suggestions/favorites.

Ok . Back to a noob question.

It seems all 3

Revenger - $55
Cylon - $59
TOO - $79

Have excellent chips/internals.

How exactly does that benefit me as a simple VW user . Not that it has anything to do with my overall choice. I was just curious.

As the local guy from the smoke shop ( who doesn't know alot of technical things about mods ) asked me , " what does a good chip do " I felt like an idiot , because I told him those exact 3 were very highly recommended due to the chipset ... And I couldn't technically explain to him what they do :D

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Well the Cylon will allow you to set a wattage curve. So you can set wattage for every second of the hit up to 10. I like this feature because you can take longer pulls without it getting too hot. Also the chip will help battery life and the speed it responds to pressing the fire button. The accuracy of the wattage...that’s all I can think of right now.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The revenger is a big win if you charge off cable instead of using a charger because it’s got usbC instead of microUSB2. Iirc it will also take a 30mm atty. I don’t know if wismec solved its 510 post issues or not with the gen3. Needs research. I haven’t seen as many smok mag complaints on this forum as alien complaints, but there have been a few.
The Revenger does not have USB-C. Nor will it fit a 30mm atty without overhang.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Well .vape shop is having a sale on some older mods, and my alien and Battlestar will go to RDA duty as I don't care if they get dirty or messy..

Will mainly be used just for subohm tanks. Really no higher than 100W

Want something that's good quality and doesn't have any 510 , screen , board or quality issues

Some are on sale some are not. Sooooo
What do y'all suggest?

Smoant cylon $59 - mod only
Rxgen3 kit - $54
Voopoo 2 kit - $79
Revenger kit - $59
Revenger x kit - $79
Smok mag kit - $79

None of those - $0

Love love love the Revenger X

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
?! Which revenger does then? I saw the usbC port on the mod irl. Was it a different mod? There is a revenger and a revenger X
I don't think any does. I have the Revenger and it uses micro USB. As for the X, I've never seen it marketed as anything other than a micro USB device. Did you actually try connecting a USB-C cable?

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread