The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Buying a new mod. Which of these do you suggest?

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by mj79, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My vote goes to the Cylon & Revenger X.

If it was the original voopoo drag i'd also add it. But the TOO has some flimsy doors. It's more or less one of these:

[​IMG]

For me personally it would be the Cylon. I'd spend the saved cash on a tank of my choosing. None of the ones that comes with any of those mods are ideal for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Preach brother, I don’t understand how everyone doesn’t have a Cylon. Besides all the obvious reasons I love how they are built. That goes for all the Smoant mods but one of the reviewers took his Cylon apart and the 510 was hooked up with thick wires and sealed up really well with some silicone or whatever they use. That’s always my biggest concern, getting juice down through the 510. Seems like it would be the most likely way to fry a mod. Although it’s never happened to me but it’s probably because all my mods are Smoants :thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    The Revenger X has a 2.5 A quick charge thru the USB

• Like Like x 2
  4. mj79

mj79 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    mn
    Maybe I'll just get the all. :D

Now that I looked up the specifics. The cylon and especially the rxgen3 are on a LOT of big reviewers top mods of 2017

The price is right , especially for the gen3, so I'll probably get both of them... I'd like the revenger x just for the screen vs the standard revenger. Maybe they'll knock that down in price for me :)

Time for new batteries I guess

On that note .I have the brown LGs , and the Sony vtc5 right now .had them for about 14 months or so. They seem to be doing ok, but I'm sure over that time they've lost some capacity .

Suggestions on any ?

Keep seeing ohm life batteries everywhere now .Especially from reviewers

• Like Like x 1
  5. dom qp

There have been some issues with the RX Gen 3 reported. Sounds pretty common too.

I think the RX200 is the good one.

Mod issues begin around 12:50.

All of the issues with ohm jumping, circuit board not acting right, etc. can be linked to a bit of condensation under the tank leaking inside.

I'd place Wismec and Smok on the same level. Above that is Vaporesso. And slightly above that is Smoant and Asmodus. IMO anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Those hohm life batteries are overpriced. I don’t think they perform better than the lg’s sony’s Or Samsung’s
    I think wisemec mods are kinda hit or miss.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Snicks

Snicks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 7, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    I'd take the SMOK myself. I had it in hand last week and should have bought it. Has a nice heft to it, feels great in the hand and I'd dig it as my desk mod. The mag works well too and makes changing batteries about as easy as can be.

I have collected quite a few mods over the years but the one brand that always lasts for me is SMOK. I have one that is almost 3 years old now and still going strong. It's been used and abused. I have 4 SMOK mods among a host of others. My latest SMOK mod is a X-PRIV and it is faaaaaantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dom qp

Found the RX300 for $35 + shipping from a B&M here in Canada. That's $28 USD.

Not very encouraging :lol: - they're being liquidated.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. mj79

mj79 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    mn
    Yeah. After watching that video I'll stick to the revenger, cylon and and maybe the mag

• Like Like x 1
  10. Toronnah

Toronnah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2012
    Canada
    I have the Gen3 and it's OK. Not spectacular, but ok remember it takes 3 batteries vs 2 so add that cost plus you're now charging 3 cells on a 4 bay or 2 bay charger. That's a pain vs 2 pair for a Voodoo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AshKicker

AshKicker Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Voopoo drag or smok majes

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.