Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
This of all times would be a really great time to be able to get lots of people verified on ECF so members especially new vapers could get the gear they need to stop smoking or stay off from smoking.

Im sure that besides myself other members must have lots of unused gear and possibly juice or flavors that they’d love to be able to sell, trade or PIF to new and other members of the vaping community here on ECF. And yet there is no way to get possibly thousands of members verified so they can be be helped.

Honestly, I think it’s shameful that such a large community has no way to offer vaping gear to each other. For me, I almost feel it’s my duty as a member of a community that has come under attack on all sides. It must be very disheartening to smokers wanting to quit or people new to vaping. We need to band together and help each other in any way possible.

If there’s no one to do the verification process then open it up as other forums have and the feedback system lets you know who you can trust or not. Let the buyer and seller figure out the details themselves. Seems to work just fine on other sites why not here?

I actually feel it’s shameful that one of the largest vaping communities can’t help each other out unless you were lucky enough to get verified before a certain date. We should be doing everything possible to make vaping products available to those in need.

Yeah, I know this is an old topic. I’ve been here 2 years. I’ve heard all the reasons why it supposedly can’t be done but that was also said about a Cannabis Forum and now look. Wow! Things can be done if we think outside of the box. Somehow I was “lucky” enough to get verified but desperate times call for desperate measures.

What will it take? Ideas and suggestions have been made only to be shot down because some guy I don’t know can’t be reached. Seriously? How about - Open a new sub forum for selling, buying, wanted, trades or PIF and a big disclaimer that Buyer Beware and Check the Sellers Feedbacks before sending money.

Or something else. Some other idea outside the box.

Somebody just do Something please.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I agree. A working classifieds section would be nice. I go to other vape forums to do almost all my business even though I am verified here, and it is because of the lack of verified members here and how dead the trade market is here. There are a good number of potential members that don't join here, and go elsewhere, strictly because of the lack of a functional classifieds. I actually find myself visiting here less and the other forums more because they have everything functional and active.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
It would be a boon to the community, but if I don't know if it will happen here.

In case it doesn't remember this:
Think globally, act locally. If we all do this then we'll make a big difference on the whole.

It would be nice to have a larger open trading place here, but with regulations and what not occurring, that may be illegal in some way. It would be a shame to have this forum shut down because of that, so I can understand why it would be closed here.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
***FYI***

Verified member request are currently delayed. Due to some security changes I have no access to the Control Panel to perform Verified Member upgrades. As soon as this issue is resolved, I will begin processing request.

Once your request is approved, a notification will be sent.

What can I say. This is j0ker's last post, dated May 28, 2018. Almost a year and half ago. Since then, I've heard all kinds of explanations and excuses from the admin but no solutions. Yes, we've had some instances of ripoffs and lots of drama, especially with a couple of co-ops, but that's to be expected, unfortunately. However, the verification system used to work quite well and I can't understand what happened. Why has j0ker lost his access to the Control Panel? And why can't we find someone else to run the classies? It can't be that hard.

Anyway, my only solution is to appeal to the powers that be and ask again. This is a hard time for vapers in the US and may get even worse when the deeming regs hit in May. Why oh why can we restore/create a new classified system that will work for people who really need it--now and in the future. I know that I have a ton of hardware I no longer use and I would be willing to part with for a fraction of the price I paid for it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Anyway, our only hope is to again appeal to the Admin and beg for help: @low_tar_neil , @Oliver , @classwife , @sonicdsl , @Misty , @retired1 , @Unforeseen ...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
This has been rehashed several times since J0ker vanished back over a year ago of this year. At one point, we HAD a good classified section but J0ker was the gate keeper to verify people. Even before he vanished he started logging in less and less and fell way behind in getting the verifications completed. Once he vanished, they completely stopped. We have asked repeatedly for Oliver to appoint a new gate keeper or just open up the classified section, but the requests have thus far fallen on deaf ears. Until Oliver decides to act the Classifieds are limited to only the ones that managed to get verified before aliens snatched J0ker up for lots of "probing" fun.

At this point I'd say the only way we are ever going to get a new Gate keeper or an open Classified section is if EVERYONE on the forum starts running ad blockers and stops donating and emails Oliver that they will not be supporting the site any longer until this changes. Maybe then he will act. Of course he could just shut it down as a response.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Oliver has been MIA since January, also. :facepalm:

So there's that.

Like I said if the money spigot gets turned off as everyone starts running ad blockers and stops donating, I promise it WILL get his attention. He may not log into the site, but you can bet he logs into his ad system to collect the cash.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Like I said if the money spigot gets turned off as everyone starts running ad blockers and stops donating, I promise it WILL get his attention. He may not log into the site, but you can bet he logs into his ad system to collect the cash.

I don't know, Scott. This forum has been good to me for almost ten years. I discovered it in December 2009 when I got my very first ecig--Green Smoke--online and was looking for more information on the subject of vaping. I don't think I would have become a vaper without ECF. I love this forum, warts and all, and have been supporting it for years. Small price to pay for all the help, knowledge, camaraderie, friendships, and sheer fun this place provides. I'm not going to start a fight with Oliver--I am forever in his debt, classifieds notwithstanding.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

:2c:

Paid admins have not been responsive nor taken action to resolve the classifieds situation.

If we start our own classified section and our fellow members (looking at you volunteer admins) don't enforce rules from absent forum stakeholders, I'm optimistic that it would be successful. :thumbs:

Adblock and antivirus software is personal protection. Since ECF doesn't generate nor control the ads we see, I don't feel obligated to compromise my security to view the third party content.

Cheers
I

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I don't know, Scott. This forum has been good to me for almost ten years. I discovered it in December 2009 when I got my very first ecig--Green Smoke--online and was looking for more information on the subject of vaping. I don't think I would have become a vaper without ECF. I love this forum, warts and all, and have been supporting it for years. Small price to pay for all the help, knowledge, camaraderie, friendships, and sheer fun this place provides. I'm not going to start a fight with Oliver--I am forever in his debt, classifieds notwithstanding.

I do not disagree. I am one of those lucky enough to be Verified already but if others want to get to use the classifieds, sadly it is going to take something drastic. If not this, something else. Just posting about it obviously isn't going to get anything accomplished.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I do not disagree. I am one of those lucky enough to be Verified already but if others want to get to use the classifieds, sadly it is going to take something drastic. If not this, something else. Just posting about it obviously isn't going to get anything accomplished.

I summoned everyone I could think of--above. That's all I can/am willing to do ATM. :)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I totally agree with all you have said @Katya.

@ScottP---However, I fear cutting off support would be a sure way of Oliver shutting this venue down. In fact, its probably the only reason that its still here.

I am not looking for a fight with anyone, just an explanation as to why things are being/or not handled in this manner. I think we will all agree that before these latest(tragic) events occurred ECF was dying a slow death. Only since these events has this place picked up the pace and added new members in a noticeable way. I , too, am looking for solutions, not pointing fingers or wanting to ruffle feathers because of information we are not aware of. Just give us a way to handle these issues. I know there are plenty of people willing to tackle/help with keeping this site going. But to date---nothing---not a peep. Running away and hiding is just not the answer.

jmho

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I totally agree with all you have said, however, I fear cutting off support would be a sure way of Oliver shutting this venue down. In fact, its probably the only reason that its still here.

I'm not sure I understand this sentence--I do not advocate cutting off support for ECF. Never did. Or am I misreading you?

Oh, and I totally agree with everything else you said in your post.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
...the Classifieds are limited to only the ones that managed to get verified before
aliens snatched J0ker up for lots of "probing" fun
Does he feelm inside?
feel him inside.jpg

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm not sure I understand this sentence--I do not advocate cutting off support for ECF. Never did. Or am I misreading you?

Oh, and I totally agree with everything else you said in your post.
Oh, sry I know that and should have made reference to @ScottP post.
Its early yet.....:facepalm: my 2 brain cells are not yet connecting........

:)

eta---I will edit that post.......

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oh, sry I know that and should have made reference to @ScottP post.
Its early yet.....:facepalm: my 2 brain cells are not yet connecting........

:)

It's late for me, so I didn't quite trust my brain cells either... ;)
Night, Sugar! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread