Buying, Selling, Trading and Pifing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I agree. A working classifieds section would be nice. I go to other vape forums to do almost all my business even though I am verified here, and it is because of the lack of verified members here and how dead the trade market is here. There are a good number of potential members that don't join here, and go elsewhere, strictly because of the lack of a functional classifieds. I actually find myself visiting here less and the other forums more because they have everything functional and active.
Heck I didn't even know there were classifieds on other forums.. this was the first forum I found but I think I'm going to go check out the classifieds in other forums as I don't have a lot of faith that 3 mods are going to last eternity or even five years lol that being said I certainly hold no ill will towards people that were here earlier than I was I'm glad that they have access to a classified section I hope everyone can get access to what they need :)

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
My hands (and everyone elses hands) are tied until Oliver says what he wants to do

classie, understood, kompletely. Thank you for once again taking the time to give the explanation.

I believe it's just as frustrating for you (if not more so).

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Heck I didn't even know there were classifieds on other forums.. this was the first forum I found but I think I'm going to go check out the classifieds in other forums as I don't have a lot of faith that 3 mods are going to last eternity or even five years lol that being said I certainly hold no ill will towards people that were here earlier than I was I'm glad that they have access to a classified section I hope everyone can get access to what they need :)

It's definitely worth looking into, I've gotten a lot of really nice stuff for a whole lot less than retail prices. Sometimes for well under half the new price.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
No matter what's done or not done someone will be treated unfairly. I'm backing down and shutting up now. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intention. I was just trying to point out how unfair it is to those of us who don't have classified access. I'll crawl back into my hole.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Classy. Thanks for your response. I do have a few questions and comments, but please do understand that they are not addressed personally to you, but to the person or persons who are currently in charge, whoever they may be. Is it still Oliver? I'm not even sure about that.
You can thank the GDPR for Verifications being shut down.
It's about storage of private information - and it doesn't just affect the EU it affects anyone world wide that has any dealings with a person from the EU.
https://eugdpr.org/

When this hit, staff had access permissions pulled, verifications were stopped.

If no staff members have access to the verification forum/stored information, is the whole verification system defunct anyway? How are those members (like myself, who think they are safe) actually protected? :confused:
The only solution I see is to just have them wide open again with perhaps a length of time/post minimum to participate.

AFAIK, most other places that allow trading, buying and selling between members rely on some form of a feedback system. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

As it is now, we have two conflicting forum rules in place--really a catch 22 situation. On one hand, trading and selling are not allowed anywhere on the forum except for the classified section, on the other hand, no new members can access the classified forum. :rolleyes: That makes no sense at all. Change the rules or open the classies to all (within reason--there may be some restrictions to who is allowed at least initially) based on just a feedback system (already in place anyway). No?

So who do we talk to? ;)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Mr. Kershaw, I do believe. :)

If so, how? He's been gone since January. I'm beginning to wonder who's flying this plane? Are we on autopilot? Or did Oliver appoint someone to run the show during his very visible absence?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If so, how? He's been gone since January. I'm beginning to wonder who's flying this plane? Are we on autopilot? Or did Oliver appoint someone to run the show during his very visible absence?

Sending you a PM (apologies, all).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I personally wish there were more newcomers to the classies who like could buy some things that probably most older members would not maybe want, and I SUCK at Ebay. I mean.... I was lucky enough to fly under the wire, but some of this stuff is expensive and rare and I can't PIF ALL of it, especially when it comes to shipping and whatnot. So, from the other side, it can also seem unfair.

With that said, I understand with every season there is a reason and if the classifieds became open god help us, IDK what the ecig police would do, either, ESPECIALLY if there is a ban.

Oliver may be MIA, not posting WHATEVER I sort of imagine he may want to keep his business separate from this site currently while still having ECF be open but he struck me (with our limited interactions) to be a rather savvy business person who wants ECF to remain vibrant and not like, shut down so WHO knows but we don't and if it's a SMART decision we are probably NOT gong to know right now.

He's in England. Not the US. The US is actually a potential threat, I would think.

Anna

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I PMed this to a few after hearing on Aussie forum

EEz9RYIWsAITvYQ.jpg

Nicovape is prescription only nic

Status
Not open for further replies.