Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I recall the classifieds being established with verification after a number of people got ripped off and profiteering was taking place. I am verified but haven't used them in a few years. I do wish they kept up with verification as it did provide members with some safety.

Frankly, if someone chose not to join ECF because they couldn't buy and sell that's fine with me. They're missing the point of the forum in the first place.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
It does seem strange. There must be a motive for trading etc not being restarted..

I have a number of vape devices I want to privately trade (or turn into some kind of monument or art installation to Gov inadequacy?) as relatives and friends now say ".. no more vapes!" before they say hi!

So +1

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Again, I am so sorry about the Classifieds.

You can thank the GDPR for Verifications being shut down.
It's about storage of private information - and it doesn't just affect the EU it affects anyone world wide that has any dealings with a person from the EU.
https://eugdpr.org/

When this hit, staff had access permissions pulled, verifications were stopped.

Oliver had mentioned shutting down the classifieds back then, but I feel as you all do that it's a vital part of a community. The Co-Ops WERE shut down.

The only solution I see is to just have them wide open again with perhaps a length of time/post minimum to participate.

BUT - I don't have the back end permissions to even set that up - much less have Oliver's permission to do so. It's a way huger difference to add a topic forum (the Cannabis Forum) than it is to set up a member active forum for Classifieds.
My hands (and everyone elses hands) are tied until Oliver says what he wants to do

Paid admins have not been responsive nor taken action to resolve the classifieds situation.

I would like to meet one of these PAID Admins you speak of - I don't get paid a damned penny for the time I put in here and I don't know anyone else that gets paid either.
Yet, I think I have replied in EVERY thread about the Classifieds I have seen.

Again, I am so sorry about the Classifieds situation - but I am still holding onto hope for a remedy.
Until then - I follow/enforce the rules that are established.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas

It's about storage of private information - and it doesn't just affect the EU it affects anyone world wide that has any dealings with a person from the EU.

Oliver had mentioned shutting down the classifieds back then, but I feel as you all do that it's a vital part of a community. The Co-Ops WERE shut down.

The only solution I see is to just have them wide open again with perhaps a length of time/post minimum to participate.

BUT - I don't have the back end permissions to even set that up - much less have Oliver's permission to do so. It's a way huger difference to add a topic forum (the Cannabis Forum) than it is to set up a member active forum for Classifieds.
My hands (and everyone elses hands) are tied until Oliver says what he wants to do

I would like to meet one of these PAID Admins you speak of - I don't get paid a damned penny for the time I put in here and I don't know anyone else that gets paid either.

Again, I am so sorry about the Classifieds situation - but I am still holding onto hope for a remedy.
Thank you for your time. I never thought you were paid, not sure where anyone got that idea.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Frankly, if someone chose not to join ECF because they couldn't buy and sell that's fine with me. They're missing the point of the forum in the first place.

When they go to the other forums, they are getting an active community with the same wealth of information from experienced users, but also the ability to access a trade system. I don't think they are missing the point of the forums at all, rather utilizing features not found here while still having access to the same info they would find here.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I would like to meet one of these PAID Admins you speak of -
So would we. :shock:
The volunteer staff does a great job, but a team with no leadership, a business with no boss, a ship with no captain; could be said to be...neglected, abandoned and adrift.

I don't get paid a damned penny for the time I put in here and I don't know anyone else that gets paid either.
Kinda sad and shameful imo.
Our gratitude for all you do is not diluted by the lack of appreciation from those to whom you answer.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: A huge THANK YOU to you @classwife and all the mods. :wub::wub::wub:

Cheers
I

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

I still love you, Classy, even if you can't fix it :)

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia

Au contraire, my dear ... does not the prestige of the position and the adoration from numerous fans of your work here count for something?

:D

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Thank you @classwife for responding. In all honesty I feel cheated. Either have an open classified section or close it down. When I joined I didn't know it existed. When I found out I applied and the person in charge disappeared. Now I've been here years but have no access while people that show up twice a year can buy and sell. How fair is this? Why should the chosen few have the benefit of a classified forum while those of us who followed the directions to get verified are shut out like red headed step children?
I feel like a partial member altho I did what I was supposed to do. I and many like myself are being punished for not getting our classified requests in before j0ker went mia.
Please push for an open forum. I have things to sell and I'd love the chance to buy stuff. Stop punishing us for j0ker going Mia please. And stop giving the old timers benefits all members can't get.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Thank you @classwife for responding. In all honesty I feel cheated. Either have an open classified section or close it down. When I joined I didn't know it existed. When I found out I applied and the person in charge disappeared. Now I've been here years but have no access while people that show up twice a year can buy and sell. How fair is this? Why should the chosen few have the benefit of a classified forum while those of us who followed the directions to get verified are shut out like red headed step children?
I feel like a partial member altho I did what I was supposed to do. I and many like myself are being punished for not getting our classified requests in before j0ker went mia.
Please push for an open forum. I have things to sell and I'd love the chance to buy stuff. Stop punishing us for j0ker going Mia please. And stop giving the old timers benefits all members can't get.

Again, as I said, I don't have the back end 'permissions' or the OWNER'S permission to do either.
This has NOTHING to do with j0ker's activities here, he was STILL processing the submissions until HIS permissions got removed - as I posted above, this has to do with the GDPR and people's information.
Why should he "be here" if he can't do the only thing he continued to come here for ?

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I understand that but it still leaves the fact that old timers here have privileges that newer members are shut away from accessing. Either open the classifieds to everyone or close them. Otherwise unmeaning or not the management is creating a division between members :(
Ps. I do not blame you Classy but as you're the only one who replied I directed my comments to you. That was probably unfair and I apologize.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I understand that but it still leaves the fact that old timers here have privileges that newer members are shut away from accessing. Either open the classifieds to everyone or close them. Otherwise unmeaning or not the management is creating a division between members :(

I'm done here and going out to eat - I haven't eaten yet at all today.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ps. I do not blame you Classy but as you're the only one who replied I directed my comments to you. That was probably unfair and I apologize.
Why punish those who have no more control than the mods? Not understanding the reasoning here.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Why punish the newer members? We're being denied privileges that older members enjoy. How fair is that? Put yourself in our place being told we can't access the classifieds because we applied too late but other members have full access. To make it fair either allow access to all members or deny access to all members. The ones with access now won't like the idea of losing access but why should they have something many of us are denied? Sigh I'm beating a dead horse. :(

• Agree
Reactions: dennism

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Why punish the newer members? We're being denied privileges that older members enjoy. How fair is that? Put yourself in our place being told we can't access the classifieds because we applied too late but other members have full access. To make it fair either allow access to all members or deny access to all members. The ones with access now won't like the idea of losing access but why should they have something many of us are denied? Sigh I'm beating a dead horse. :(
I can't get verified either but it has nothing to with those that are! Why should they be punished for simply being members before you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread