Buzz Army- Help me Please :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
quiet would be a welcome change for sure. Thanks.
I just realized you got out in 63, then you made it out right on time to avoid Nam. That's the same year my grandfather got out but was called back for vietnam 2 years later. Just curious,were you in during korea?

No, I was in too late for Korea and out too early for Nam. That was back during the days when we still had the draft and honestly, I'm glad I had to do some military service. Down where I lived in southwest New Mexico, people never leave there. The military showed me there was a lot more to the world and was a big part of my growing into being a man. I've never regretted that time spent in the service and in a lot of ways, I feel sorry for young people today who don't make at least one tour a part of their lives. Their missing a lot.

At the same time it makes me very proud of you and all our other fine young people for being in the service in these difficult times and I know everyone else really does appreciate what your doing. And when we say we "appreciate" it ... we're not just saying words. We mean it.

TT

Iluvthearmy

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
The Desert
I agree 100% .The military made a huge difference in my point of view on the world, definitely for the better. Maybe a couple years in the army would fix some problems with our system we're seeing where young able bodied people think the government should pay for them to sit around and procreate all day...end rant

"I know everyone else really does appreciate what your doing. And when we say we "appreciate" it ... we're not just saying words. We mean it."

I know sir, this forum's slap full of good folks and I do take yall at your words.

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
No, I was in too late for Korea and out too early for Nam. That was back during the days when we still had the draft and honestly, I'm glad I had to do some military service. Down where I lived in southwest New Mexico, people never leave there. The military showed me there was a lot more to the world and was a big part of my growing into being a man. I've never regretted that time spent in the service and in a lot of ways, I feel sorry for young people today who don't make at least one tour a part of their lives. Their missing a lot.

At the same time it makes me very proud of you and all our other fine young people for being in the service in these difficult times and I know everyone else really does appreciate what your doing. And when we say we "appreciate" it ... we're not just saying words. We mean it.

TT
I hear ya TT. I will never regret my time in the Army. Made me who I am and led me down the path to my wife and kids. In alot of ways I still miss it.

My utmost respect to anyone that serves their country. I dont care what anyone thinks of the government, without our service members we would not have a country. They give their hearts and lives for us.
I agree 100% .The military made a huge difference in my point of view on the world, definitely for the better. Maybe a couple years in the army would fix some problems with our system we're seeing where young able bodied people think the government should pay for them to sit around and procreate all day...end rant

"I know everyone else really does appreciate what your doing. And when we say we "appreciate" it ... we're not just saying words. We mean it."

I know sir, this forum's slap full of good folks and I do take yall at your words.

Thank you for your service .

and Ill leave it at that and a blast from my past...... MINDS....WORDS......DEEDS The words the Army taught me to live by and ones I have carried with me every day for almost fifteen years. Be safe man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread