Status
Not open for further replies.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
You can choose what connector (510, 808, etc.) on the Buzz Pro. I wouldn't let the connection be the selling point until you've tried a handful. Generally the only difference is threading. In layman's terms, 510 is an outie and 808 is an innie (when looking at the carto/atty), though there are other innie and outtie styles, 510 and 808 are the most popular at this point. There are more options as far as cartos / atomizers go available with the 510 threading. If you want to try a different 808 style, throw on a 510 to 808 adapter and give it a whirl...or if you go with an 808 threaded device, use an 808 to 510 adapter. You'll have options in any case.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Personally, all my PV are 808 or 901 threaded, then I use adapters. 808 and 901 are the same except there is slotting or small holes in the side of an 808 connector to allow airflow.

808/901 I find less "finicky", less likely to have any stripping issues over time. They are a bit wider diameter, with a coarser thread than a 510.

A 901 with a shortie 901batt-510atty adapter (the same adapter works fine on an 808 connector) doesn't tend to be much taller than a native 510.

Adapters are pretty cheap, many people build up an assortment over time. A good adapter will often work well even with cartos that don't work well directly on a given PV. For instance, even if I am using an 808 carto on 808 PV, I will still often have a 901/808 adapter.

Water 4 Fuel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Portland,OR
WOW,
I really got things going with that thread.
Maybe I should go to either the Darwin or Provari and do Provari V. Darwin.
Or I could do a Buzz V. Provari V. Darwin V. Xhaler (Kicked) V. the other Kicked Mods.
I recently found the Kicked Xhaler and they look very nice. Watch a couple reviews and was a little impressed.

christhomaswynn

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
Texas
www.facebook.com
I'm getting the Buzz Pro soon. I was looking at the Provari and the reason I didn't go with it was because of the price and the menu on the unit. It seems to me that it takes a lot of figitting to get everything right where you want it. I'm more of a fan of the Buzz Pro's dial in mode. It's a lot faster to get to the voltage you want. I know now that both units are quality so it really just comes down to preference.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I'm getting the Buzz Pro soon. I was looking at the Provari and the reason I didn't go with it was because of the price and the menu on the unit. It seems to me that it takes a lot of figitting to get everything right where you want it. I'm more of a fan of the Buzz Pro's dial in mode. It's a lot faster to get to the voltage you want. I know now that both units are quality so it really just comes down to preference.

That is one common misconception with the Provari if you dont have one. Most of the posts about the Provari being a pain to navigate and slow to dial in are from people that dont have one . It is actually super fast and very easy to use. Within the first 10 minutes of getting one you could already change voltage in your sleep in a second. Its one of those things that are made out to be harder then it is. I hoestly wouldnt make that a reason for deciding .Both are very easy and fast to change voltage. With the provari though the voltage you set is what the cartomizer sees . This is not the case with the buzz . With the buzz if you have it set to 5v your only getting around 4.6v to the cartomizer . Thats a decision maker imo or the provaris built in ohm meter and battery voltage read out . You wont need a multimeter to go with it. The price between the two are about the same if comparing cost to what you get . Overall it is each persons preference.Dont let figiting or provari being overpriced be a decision though since those are really common misconceptions of the provari really. I used to be one thinking the same thing abbout those two issues until i got one and was like oohhh thats not bad at all.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It needs to be clear that the buzz pro and infinity pro maintain their voltage. I don't really care if unloaded voltage reads x, while loaded is y, what matters is that it maintains that y volts right until it is time to change batteries.

I set power "to taste", meaning nudge the wheel up or down until I like the vape. Stop adjusting the wheel, the voltage will stay right there.

Maintaining the under load voltage is what matters in actual vaping. That there is a difference in unloaded vs. loaded is a shrug to me, since I don't vape unloaded, nor, honestly, do I care about the numbers other than in my DIY. Notcigs products make vaping as simple as smoking was.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
That is one common misconception with the Provari if you dont have one. Most of the posts about the Provari being a pain to navigate and slow to dial in are from people that dont have one .
You know, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I've had it for a full day and a half, and I'm still passing what I really want in the menu just because of nuances with the button. Either it's seeing my press as two presses, or appearing not to register a press...and you know, it could be completely in my court with how I'm pressing the buttom. I sure feel like the menu is holding me back at times.

However, the plus is that I know what voltage it is when I use. I'm willing to stumble through the menu (at times) to be able to see a number without a meter.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
It needs to be clear that the buzz pro and infinity pro maintain their voltage. I don't really care if unloaded voltage reads x, while loaded is y, what matters is that it maintains that y volts right until it is time to change batteries.

I set power "to taste", meaning nudge the wheel up or down until I like the vape. Stop adjusting the wheel, the voltage will stay right there.

Maintaining the under load voltage is what matters in actual vaping. That there is a difference in unloaded vs. loaded is a shrug to me, since I don't vape unloaded, nor, honestly, do I care about the numbers other than in my DIY. Notcigs products make vaping as simple as smoking was.

that it does

gtianz

ECF Veteran
That there is a difference in unloaded vs. loaded is a shrug to me, since I don't vape unloaded, nor, honestly, do I care about the numbers other than in my DIY.

Notcigs products make vaping as simple as smoking was.

I'm enjoying the buzz pro a lot.

I don't give a toot about the numbers. I don't need any fancy gizmo's and I don't need to fiddle with any settings.

The little yellow button is rated at 1 million presses...... That means this mod should last around 10 years at 250 clicks per day (assuming no other issues).

Being just slightly argumentative - I wonder how long the button will last on the average Provari with all the clicking and clacking.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Hey I have a provari and id love a buzz pro also. On the other hand the Provari is just as flawless but offers more and looks better not to mention its build quality. You may not like it but if you had one you would. I am cheap skeptic and I wanted to save money but now I know what all the talk was about, and im glad I have one. Been using it every day for months with no problems. Bet the buzz is just as good though.

To be honest, id have a darwin if it was in stock at the time. It does the math for you. Figuring out what voltage or watts you should run a carto at takes the guess work away. Its really another level in that respect. If u just turn it up or down and dont care to do so constantly then buzz works.

gtianz

ECF Veteran
On the other hand the Provari is just as flawless but offers more and looks better not to mention its build quality.

Looks better?

That's pretty subjective.
i-w9C75bL-XL.jpg

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Buzz - i don't think this taste right *thumb wheel turn*...OK that's better

Provari - i don't think this tastes right *click, click, click, click, click, wait..., click, click...toot...hmmmm...click, click, click, click, click wait...OK another two clicks to go to 4.3...toot...ughhh i want more voltage...click, click, click, click, click...wait...click, click...UUGGGGGHHHHHH!*

Buzz wins :)

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

That's kinda the conclusion I came to myself..today as a matter of fact. I just bought the new "EFC Approved Version" Buzz. It looks cool and I'm not to concerned with batteries expolding and blowing my hand apart. I have to admit, ProV is nice, but then again, I ride Harley's and not Honda's. I wanted performance per dollar, and I think I made a good choice..for what's its worth...

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I was trying to find the genesis line but I guess thats why I couldnt. Have to join a forum? Thats slightly confusing. I just want to look, not sign over my first born lol. Oh the things us vapors go through.

Got that right. It seems to ba a "build as its ordered" type deal, available only in the UK, and only on that forum. From what I'm gathering, it's supposed to be way over $100 US Dollars....It's great, saves alot of money in the long run, but that's still way to pricey IMO.....hand made or not...I have been posting pics and links all over ecf about it, in hopes some of our more savvy members and manufactures would pick up the ball and run with it. Do I dare say, I wouldnt even mind seeing the Chinese mass produce this thing at $19.99 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread