Buzz Pro emergency help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthawk7

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Columbia, SC
I've had intermittent issues with my pro but I thought I'd ask for some tips here.
I have a BP with the standard (non flame jacketed) batts.

I get a constant red LED when pushing the button. This occurs with or without an atty attached. This has happened a few times and usually tinkering with the top screw takes care of the problem and it works for a few days. I usually email mike in a panic and then it fixes itself. I have no doubts that Mike will take care of me if it is an issue with the unit itself, but has anyone else experienced this and resolved it themselves?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: by the way, I've already checked the connection to the cap and it's tight.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Inside screw is tight. Get the same red led with cap off and wire disconnected. Full continuity so grounding screw is ok. No voltage according to multimeter... Thanks Mike...it's coming your way. I appreciate all the suggestions and looking forward to finding out what it is!

It really sucks to have to send things back for work. BUT its nice to know that you can :) Fortunately mike and crew are fast at fixes and getting them back.

Yeah definitely wanna hear what it is.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Well even expensive cars have to go back to get things fixed that was messed up but the great thing is we have the best customer service in the world taking care of us. The screw on the battery cap will cause that too.

Gotta be better then the service I got in the 90's when my new camaro turned out to be a lemmon!

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Well I haven't had to take my audi tts to the shop yet (and I am hoping if I do the customer service will be more like we receive from Mike and less like what I received from Chevy) I was just relating to your post.

By the way what is a Ferrars? :p Aren't you glad I'm here to mess with you.

My dad owned and raced ferrari's when I was growing up and yes now and again the needed servicing or had an issue... and their customer service is on par with Notcigs!

matthawk7

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Columbia, SC
Thanks for all the support guys (and gals), I'm missing it already. I did send it overnight though, but with the long holiday weekend, the best I can hope for is that it reaches them by Tuesday. All good since I'm out of town til Friday. That will be the longest drive home ever.

Mike, it worked great out of the box. The first email I sent you a few weeks back was the first spot of trouble and it just got worse. Sounds like maybe a lose wire down in the pcb area or something. I tested with the cap off, just a multimeter on the hot wire and one on the body. Got nothing that way, so at that point it was beyond my "technical" ability! Thanks again for your prompt emails. Hmm...where's that 5v box mod...

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Thanks for all the support guys (and gals), I'm missing it already. I did send it overnight though, but with the long holiday weekend, the best I can hope for is that it reaches them by Tuesday. All good since I'm out of town til Friday. That will be the longest drive home ever.

Mike, it worked great out of the box. The first email I sent you a few weeks back was the first spot of trouble and it just got worse. Sounds like maybe a lose wire down in the pcb area or something. I tested with the cap off, just a multimeter on the hot wire and one on the body. Got nothing that way, so at that point it was beyond my "technical" ability! Thanks again for your prompt emails. Hmm...where's that 5v box mod...

Ok MAtt we do a one day turn on them most times unless it is an intermittent problem .

matthawk7

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Columbia, SC
Just wanted to post an update...received my mended BP back today and apparently there was juice in the pcb area and the board was bad. I do have to say this, this thing hits completely different than before! It was much harsher before and now I have no problems turning it above the orange mark. I tested the voltage and it's the same as before, but clearly something is different with the new pcb in place.

BIG THANKS to Mike on the super quick turnaround! And it's even better now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread