Buzz pro skipping voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
So my buzz pro is an awesome PV but my wheel is kind of finicky. Between low and yellow its fine and from red to high its fine.

I start having problems when i get to yellow though. It seems the slightest touch changes the voltage .2 and it goes from 4.39 volts to 4.8/5 volts by barely turning the wheel. I kind of noticed yesterday. Hitting 4.5/4.6/4.7/4.8/4.9 volts oon my BP is pretty difficult. This is a bummer because these are some of my favorite voltages. I am leaving for the weekend but i could make a video of what is happening when i get back.

To get it to any of those voltage i will barely turn the wheel up and it will be 5 then barely(and i mean barely) turn it back down and its at 4.39. Its very easy to hit precise voltages between low and yellow and between red and high but between yellow and red it just skips straight to 5 volts.

Any suggestions?

I don't think this something normal troubleshooting could fix. I think my wheel is just kind of off.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Last edited:

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
We have had some pots that do seem to be finicky in this area , it is a mfg defect in the pot from what I can tell and during testing we do not always see it , try running it back and forth 20 x's and see if that helps Bob , if not let me know .

Will do...I didn't bring my meter with me and won't be home until Monday so I will bump this thread when u do.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Samsung Fascinate

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
So now something else is going wrong. It constantly fires red. When i take the top cap off it goes blue but the second the threads touch it goes red and makes a strange buzzing sound. I will just send it back in if that's cool unless you know of a way i can fix it.

Also i just bought an ipro and the wheel seems much smoother on it.

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
OK....thought to put this in Bob's thread as the same issue has happened with my IPro. I do not have a volt meter. I've been continually been vaping with a 2.5 fusion between yellow and red...more toward the red...and based on the videos, red is somewhere around 5.3 +, - without load and a bit less under load. I estimate I'm around the 4.8 to 5 range...all day...then bam...aweful burnt taste. This carto is tanked. Dialed it down..added some juice on the top filler....ok..still some burnt taste..who knows..the carto might be fried and not come back to life....OK..next:

Then I put on my M1A1 tank with a fresh carto (only a two days old) with a different juice...been vaping sucessfully at the same range with that....bam...burnt taste...man, that tastes horrible. Ok, dial it down...yep feels like it's supposed to. Incrementally bring it up...WHAM...carto is crackling, popping..burnt taste.

Not having a volt meter is difficult to ascertain where the voltage is but there is a significant difference from just above yellow to middle yellow.....

I got rid of all my LR 2.0 cartos and barely have what I need for using eGo's. I suspect this needs to get back in the shop for full assessment. I only post this here that maybe someone has suggestions and I can remedy the problem.

Maybe I should buy another one before sending this one back...providing it can get built in shipped in a reasonable amount of time...otherwise, I'll be stuck with eGo batteries and atomizers with cartridges......be still my heart...don't know if I can go there again....phew.

Any help or suggestions are sincerely appreciated.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Strange. My BP did something weird the other day too. It kinda did the opposite of Free's and only did it once so I'm not going to worry about it yet but I was vaping a new Fusion with the wheel half way between Yellow and red (should have been around 4.8-ish volts) when I started getting really weak hits like I was using an eGo or something. I looked at the LED first and it was turning completely blue so I figured the batts were OK. I took off the carto and screwed on my digital voltage reader and that sucker read 3.7V. I moved the wheel back and forth and set it back about where it was in the first place and got a reading of 4.7V. It's been working fine since but that was odd.

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
I did find this (apparently I read this a while back but didn't fully grasp the concept):

"How easy and accurate is the Buzz Pro? The thumb-adusted dial (called the "hit control" by NotCigs), with its green, yellow, and red paint marks, is the most linear, stable, and predictable dial I’ve used. First of all, the wheel turns very smoothly, with the perfect resistance to being rotated (so that it won't change settings on its own or by your hand brushing against the dial). That's terrific.

With the yellow mark lined up with the white reference mark in the center of the "window," my Buzz Pro is always at 4.4V unloaded. Same with the others markers---red is always 5.2V, while green is always 3.4V. Halfway between green and yellow is always 3.8V, meaning perfectly linear, which is good news.

The bad news, however, is that the least linear section of the wheel is just after the yellow mark. To be correctly linear, the halfway point between the yellow and red paint marks should read 4.8V. Unfortunately, this is where my particular Buzz falls far short. A tiny movement of the dial past yellow moves up the voltage to 5V way too quickly (at only a quarter of the arc between the yellow and red paint marks, so that hitting increments of voltage accurately between 4.5 and 5.0V (which is right in the area of my sweet spots) is quite difficult, and nearly impossible to achieve by “eye-balling” the dial.

If the dial were truly linear all through its rotation arc, I’d give the Buzz Pro a perfect score and A rating as a brilliant VV. As it is, with the non-linear distortion from 4.4V to 5V, I have to knock down the grade to a B. It is, however, my current favorite VV (and I own 13 of them). "

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-voltage-rating-buzz-pro-ease-accuracy.html

It appears this is where the problem lies. What is mystifying is how going all day (actually weeks) in that zone to all of a sudden have a boost in voltage arbitrarily.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
I just got an I pro and it is doing the same thing. Voltage works fine from lowest to yellow, then after yellow the slightest little turn will skip it from 4.4 to 5 volts...then from 5-5.6 it works fine.

I will make a video if you would like. My buzz pro and I pro do the same thing.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
I just got an I pro and it is doing the same thing. Voltage works fine from lowest to yellow, then after yellow the slightest little turn will skip it from 4.4 to 5 volts...then from 5-5.6 it works fine.

I will make a video if you would like. My buzz pro and I pro do the same thing.

Make me a video ! I hope they DID not grab the wrong pots !!

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W22tavu0bDg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That is the video of my I pro. Like I said the BP does the same thing.

Honestly though I am not worried about it. I have noticed that even though hitting some specific voltages are just minor turns the wheel gets to be A LOT more effective when under load. I will make a video showing this.

I honestly wouldn't worry about this to much. Like I said hitting those specific voltages between 4.4 and 5 seems a lot better when put under load.

Last edited:

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
Hummm hope that isnt why I have fried a few cartos!! and I usually keep my buzz at the yellow mark, but occasionaly bump it up or down to try new juices. Recently I have had two cartos that were only a day old go burnt on me. I have multi-meter so will have to test that.

A side note...my YELLOW mark that I thought was painted on, seems to be a small plastic insert that fell out somwhere recently... bummmer :( But no biggie.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hummm hope that isnt why I have fried a few cartos!! and I usually keep my buzz at the yellow mark, but occasionaly bump it up or down to try new juices. Recently I have had two cartos that were only a day old go burnt on me. I have multi-meter so will have to test that.

A side note...my YELLOW mark that I thought was painted on, seems to be a small plastic insert that fell out somwhere recently... bummmer :( But no biggie.

You shouldn't be frying cartos because of this. Under load you're still around the 4.7 mark a little above yellow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread