Status
Not open for further replies.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Well there goes another un informed user that wants to put a short on a battery @ 12 volts LOL ! sorry fsroq BUT what you are going to do is dangerous and I will not condone it !

See my last post #159. As a supplier you must be on the safe side. Since vaping started, the demand of power never stopped growing, and it will go on like that for a while.

So the mod builders who develop quicker more powerfull mods will be the winners of the game. IMHO.

Little help for a dum-azz please. I am patiently standing in line for the Buzz pro and I want to make sure I am properly prepared to cloud up the minute it hits my door. Been vaping 3 months and I got maybe a bit over-amped about the switch from analogs. As a result I now have a ton of Boge 510 2.0 LR cartos and also an ample supply of Boge std 2.8-3.0s. As I understand it I can use the LRs with the new Pro. What voltage? What is max for the LRs and std 3.0? Does the wheel on the Pro display what voltage you are set at? I also have the following batts I plan to use. These OK? LC 16340 3.6V 1000mAh Protected CR123A. Dimensions: 1.38 in x 0.63 in x 0.63 in.
Lastly, I have a 510 to 901/808 adapter. OK to use on the Pro? What is the difference between 901 cartos and 808s?
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
See my last post #159. As a supplier you must be on the safe side. Since vaping started, the demand of power never stopped growing, and it will go on like that for a while.

So the mod builders who develop quicker more powerfull mods will be the winners of the game. IMHO.

fsroq the problem is the current draw required from the batteries they are NOT designed for this type of current draw it makes them unsafe ! you would have to use Aw type batteries , I could make a mod that delivered 20 amps IF I wanted to that is not the point , the point is that Smoketech in China does NOT care and are putting out potentially dangerous products and do not give a .... !

Their design is flawed , I have a design that would give the same huge vapor BUT do it with a normal resistance coil ! that would not kill the batteries fast and give big hits so !
I do not have time to make it right now , too busy with the pro series.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Little help for a dum-azz please. I am patiently standing in line for the Buzz pro and I want to make sure I am properly prepared to cloud up the minute it hits my door. Been vaping 3 months and I got maybe a bit over-amped about the switch from analogs. As a result I now have a ton of Boge 510 2.0 LR cartos and also an ample supply of Boge std 2.8-3.0s. As I understand it I can use the LRs with the new Pro. What voltage? What is max for the LRs and std 3.0? Does the wheel on the Pro display what voltage you are set at? I also have the following batts I plan to use. These OK? LC 16340 3.6V 1000mAh Protected CR123A. Dimensions: 1.38 in x 0.63 in x 0.63 in.
Lastly, I have a 510 to 901/808 adapter. OK to use on the Pro? What is the difference between 901 cartos and 808s?

the only stupid ? is the one you do not ask ! LOL
Ok 2 ohms is no problem with full voltage range 3.3 - 5.5 volts , LR 1.5ohm is ok too , up to about 5 volts.
The wheel has a color coded edge to it ( green / white / red ) White being 4.5 volts ~ , those batts should be fine IMO , adapters are fine as well , I do not know of 901 cartos ??? the 808 is the same thread type but ??

Maybe one of the others around here have heard of them ? :vapor::vapor::vapor:

and NO PROBLEM , we are here to help KC !

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
To be honest, I´m not happy with a mod/Batteries that are supposed to be unsafe. Thats why I am looking for another solution. But then I love these triple coils, and most the time I use them around 4.5 Volts, but sometimes cracking up the volts to 5/5.5

Must find something prepared to handle safely these triple coils.

Thank you for your Patience with me.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV

2.0 Boge will work fine. Guessing youd be good to about 5.0 volts without doing the math lol.

Std cartos youll be able to go as High as the unit will go.

The wheel will be colored to give you a idea. Im not sure if the final design has numbers on it. Mike will know. A wee or two in youll know. where you like the wheel. I would get a screw on meter for reference though.

CR 123a Protected will be fine in the buzz pro. Amp draw is within reason.

901 cartos dont needs connector airflow since they have a hole in the side. 808s do. If you want to use both get a 808.

EDIT or what mike said :p

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
To be honest, I´m not happy with a mod/Batteries that are supposed to be unsafe. Thats why I am looking for another solution. But then I love these triple coils, and most the time I use them around 4.5 Volts, but sometimes cracking up the volts to 5/5.5

Must find something prepared to handle safely these triple coils.

Thank you for your Patience with me.

No problem ! ask the supplier for a 2.0 ohm version then it will not be a problem ! we have tested the 1.5 ohm ones up to about 4.7 volts and they work , BUT the 2.0 ohm ones ( DC type ) are not a problem

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
No problem ! ask the supplier for a 2.0 ohm version then it will not be a problem ! we have tested the 1.5 ohm ones up to about 4.7 volts and they work , BUT the 2.0 ohm ones ( DC type ) are not a problem

There are 2 ohm triples coming. Not sure which supplier will get them first.

I still think a longer coil is a better solution than multiples but hey what do I know :p

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
I bought the 510 to 901/808 cuz I read here the IKV Mega KR808 cartos are gettin a lot of luv. Thought I might give em a try. I also saw IKV has 901 2.0 LR cartos so was just wondering what was the difference. Anyway, thanks again for the quick response. And tell those PCBs to get their ... in gear!

THe 808 megas are pretty sweet :) Those and the 801 fusions from Iken are my two top choices of cartos. IKV 901 attys are my atty of choice. Might take a look at the 510-808/901 stealth adapters over at madvapes. They have them for like 3 bucks. THey are alot shorter.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
There are 2 ohm triples coming. Not sure which supplier will get them first.

I still think a longer coil is a better solution than multiples but hey what do I know :p

What they are doing is creating more surface area with the DC and TC type cartos , making one long coil should do the same thing and it would be a heavy wire so they would last a long time IMO

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
What they are doing is creating more surface area with the DC and TC type cartos , making one long coil should do the same thing and it would be a heavy wire so they would last a long time IMO

I used to lay more surface area rubber at one time.

I still miss the "4 barrel" my 63 Impala had.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
can't add much, because i guess the 901/808 threads are the same...
but I'm getting a 901 connection Buzz Pro because i love 901 attys best... good to know they will work on 808 cartos but never tried em... I don't even like the Fusions that much only because i never know how to refill them without overdoing it... and to me the vape is good for a the first few draws before it's not as good a dripping anyway. imo.

tick tock... praying for Peace-ee-bees...

I bought the 510 to 901/808 cuz I read here the IKV Mega KR808 cartos are gettin a lot of luv. Thought I might give em a try. I also saw IKV has 901 2.0 LR cartos so was just wondering what was the difference. Anyway, thanks again for the quick response. And tell those PCBs to get their ... in gear!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Well my PCB house just skyped me and they are finishing assembly and will start testing them today !!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA they should ship in a few days now

whoa i just said a little prayer, and.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PCB's.

BellePeche

Apr 8, 2011
Normandy
Well my PCB house just skyped me and they are finishing assembly and will start testing them today !!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA they should ship in a few days now

The infinity pro building story is more fascinating than an hitchcock's movie!
I look at this story from France since several month. I think i'll be bored when, at last, i'll have the infinity pro (but so happy!)

I wish Mike courage, and patience for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread