C-E2 R4 wick replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I'm no expert on wicks by a long long long way but in the little research I've done (and this was mostly found on candle making sites) they say to steer away from any wick with metal in the core as it may contain lead. Mostly originating in Asian manufacturing not in Western manufacturing though to the best of my knowledge, which is bugger all.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
If you've got some ptb and another carto why not do the cut wick mod with ptb and use the cut off in your wickless unit. Just a thought.

BTW I think v1John or nav or one of the guys used ptb as their coil wick and whilst it worked when kept uber wet it burnt or melted pretty quick if I remember correctly.

Just for further info, don't touch the wick whilst it still has juice in it. The thing unravels, shreds or falls apart faster than you can blink. Its as strong as anything when dry, but a different fish altogether when soaked in juice. If you want to clean your carto, first thing you need to do is rinse it out (gently) in water to get the juice out then your right to go. I even drag the wicks out when I'm finished cleaning and squeeze them dry to speed up the drying process, with no ill effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread