Caffine Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripley

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
Dallas Metro, TX
Ok, I've seen several posts by folks stating that they could go for caffine-laced e-liquid.

So, as a zero-nic vaper .. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and if they'd be willing to share their experience.

I've seen a web-page with an experiment where they converted caffine powder to gas in an acrylic cube and let people "sniff" the vapor through holes. ([KONTEJNER])

I would think that vaping would be a similar experience, and I'd like to get my "hit" in the morning without having to dring a pot of coffee.

Caffine powder 100% is easy enough to come by, but I'd just like to get confirmation before I drop $$ on purchasing some.

Anyone?

-> insert standard disclaimer about mixing stimulants <-

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Not with e-cigs, but before finding them I experimented with using a herbal vaporizer for tobacco. One thing I liked was to mix tobacco with tea and vaporize the mix. Black tea and tobacco in the morning, chamomile tea and tobacco in the evening. Worked great on both ends of the day, but overall vaporizing tobacco this way is just too messy. Too much dessicated tobacco and tea leaves to discard. So if they could do the same sort of thing for e-cigs, yeah, I'd be all over it.

Can some suppliers comment on this? Lots of people have asked for it on this forum, have any of you guys looked into producing some?

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
Since your talking about caffiene what about gauna
(hope I spell that right and people don't think I'm talking about bat ****)

Or what about vitamins?
quote from wikipedia:
Caffeine is also called guaranine when found in guarana, mateine when found in mate, and theine when found in tea; all of these names are synonyms for the same chemical compound.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
quote from wikipedia:
Caffeine is also called guaranine when found in guarana, mateine when found in mate, and theine when found in tea; all of these names are synonyms for the same chemical compound.

That just says that caffeine is caffeine, it doesn't take into account the host plant, there is another chemical in guarana which allows the caffeine to slowly release, so instead of getting a spike and a crash from say an espresso, you get a more mild longer lasting buzz

Or at least that's how I understand it, I always heard that there is a difference; could just be miss information

Lithium1330

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Mexico
It is pretty difficult to get a caffeine intoxication the LD50 (experimental Letal Doses when more than 50% of subjects will die) is 150-200mg/kg wich means you need 200mg per kilogram to intoxicate a person if that person's weight is lets say 60kg (around 120lb) you'll need 1,200mg of caffeine to get an intoxication (1.2kg of pure caffeine).

1 cup of instant coffe has about 60-80mg of caffeine so you need around 150-200 cups of coffe to get an intoxication.

Compare this with the LD50 of nicotine: 0.5-1mg/kg the difference is enormous, you only need 60mg to get a letal intoxication, if you have 10ml of 36mg e-liquid then you have 360mg of pure nicotine in your hands, that could kill around 6 average persons :S nicotine is VERY dangerous.

For the inhalation of caffeine, leaford can tell us more about it, he has vaporized tea with tobacco.

I've had some really bad effects from caffiene overdose in the past. I used to have a really bad energy drink addiction, which I think has caused a long term anxiety disorder. I used to have a resting heart rato of just over 100bpm in the peak of my addiction. Anyway, I guess I'm getting to the point that I'd be glad to try it since I've been there in the past and know the warning signs. Unfortunately I'm broke right now so it'll have to wait a bit for me to get some cash together and make some (and buy a spare atomizer since this may kill one of the 2 that I own)

Satire

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2008
Texas
United Nuclear has a much cheaper supply, 2 oz for 5 dollars. It says not for food purposes, but all of their products are very pure labratory grade chemicals. I'm too new to post a link, unitednuclear{dot}com/chem.htm. oh, and OOOH I can't wait to see if this works!

Yea it is good stuff but they take FOREVER to ship, you will probably have long forgotten about it by the time it arrives.
Also anyone attempting this, keep in mind that inhalation of caffeine is not tested, and although oral use is relatively safe, the inhalation route is rather untested so be wary. Also physics might be a hastle, since a dose of nicotine is roughly 1-2mg, and a dose of caffiene (by dose I mean the amount to get desired effects) is roughly 100-200mg (some people much more, 120mg is an average cup of coffee), meaning that you will have to transport 100x (by weight) the amount of your desired alkaloids to the lungs, and I am not sure if this method of inhalation would support that without having to puff through huge quantities of liquid (after puffing the PG away you may be left with a bunch of caffiene burning in your atomizer if it isn't diluted enough). But if anyone did manage to do this I would be very interested to hear about it because it would open up a world of possibilites... >=)

nakli_dhumrapan

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2008
Illinois
www.jnanam.net
That just says that caffeine is caffeine, it doesn't take into account the host plant, there is another chemical in guarana which allows the caffeine to slowly release, so instead of getting a spike and a crash from say an espresso, you get a more mild longer lasting buzz

Or at least that's how I understand it, I always heard that there is a difference; could just be miss information

I also remember reading/hearing somewhere that the caffeine in tea is also released more slowly than that of coffee..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread