Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I have some PG and VG and a sample of nic salt nicotine plus a few flavors. I also have a PG VG and nic salt mix that just needs flavoring added. Do I need a special calculator if I'm using Nic salt rather than regular nicotine? I also have a couple of bottles of unflavored e-liquid. Any idea what the best calculator I should use to add flavoring?
Thanks for any help!
BTW, in case you didn't figure it out I've never mixed my own liquid. I'm kinda lost and nervous.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Treat nic salt just like you would regular (freebase) nic.:)

There are tons of available calculators available. It is just a matter of finding one that meets your personal needs. There are online (no downloads required), phone apps, and platform specific (Windows, Android, Chrome, Google, not sure about Apple/Mac (they banned cigarette/nicotine related content at one point)).

One of the easier online calculators is Do It Yourself E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Mixing Station!
You might like to start there, and see what you think.:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have some PG and VG and a sample of Nic salt nicotine plus a few flavors. I also have a PG VG and Nic salt mix that just needs flavoring added. Do I need a special calculator if I'm using Nic salt rather than regular nicotine? I also have a couple of bottles of unflavored E-liquid. Any idea what the best calculator I should use to add flavoring?
Thanks for any help!
BTW, in case you didn't figure it out I've never mixed my own liquid. I'm kinda lost and nervous.
Hi Anise,

If you want you can also find a free calculator that uses excel data base. A member by the name of Dan has created it and makes it available for free here.

DIY E-Liquid

The calculator link is in the creators signature version 14 here
Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)

just click to download. It is safe I use it all the time.

It resides in this thread
DIY E-Liquid

and if you scroll further down the page there is a whole host of DIY topics to pick from for tips and to see what other members are up to.

You can come join us here also for any questions you may have, if you want to.

Random DIY mixing and More

No need to read all of those pages, just find the last page and join in. We talk about creating recipes and what we like and don't like and just have fun. Everyone is welcome....

:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have some PG and VG and a sample of Nic salt nicotine plus a few flavors. I also have a PG VG and Nic salt mix that just needs flavoring added. Do I need a special calculator if I'm using Nic salt rather than regular nicotine? I also have a couple of bottles of unflavored E-liquid. Any idea what the best calculator I should use to add flavoring?
Thanks for any help!
Just enter salts in the nic space. For the unflavored base just create a recipe for ml of base you are wanting to use , all you need are the flavor mls needed. Just enter flavors first and subtract that flavor ml total from base needed ml needed.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
How do I figure out what percentage of flavor I want? Either I'm making this harder than it needs to be or it's not as easy as it seems.
It will depend on how big the bottle is that you plan to keep the finished juice in. Is this a one shot type of flavoring? A single flavor? Or do you have a recipe that you want to make?

Not all flavors can be used by themselves. Some can be, others need helper flavors to make them taste good.

At any rate, you first must determine the size of the bottle holding the finished juice. This determines what % are used. The calculators are already designed to input most of the figures so you must add what you are using.
ie.

You tell the computer what strength of nic you have and place that value in the box provided(it may say source on the computer). It should also have a place where you can tell it if it is pg or vg or a mix of both. The reason this is important is bc that is the nic base that holds the flavors. It can also determine how much room you have in the bottle to add those flavors. As you have probably figured out by now you do have to tell the computer what size bottle you are mixing the flavors and nic base in. Usually you would enter the mls into the computer not oz. so if you have a 1 ounce bottle bottle to mix in you would tell the computer 30 mls, etc.

I will stop here to wait on your answers to my questions above. There is a learning curve to DIY but it is not hard. And you have all of ecf diyers here to help you.

Last edited:

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
3 of the bottles have percentages on them. The other 5 don't.
Mixing either 15 or 30ml at a time. Single flavor for now. A few of my flavors are mixed like strawberry milk or pomegranate raspberry. I have no recipes and not enough flavors to mix anyway. I think I covered all your questions.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
3 of the bottles have percentages on them. The other 5 don't.
Mixing either 15 or 30ml at a time. Single flavor for now. A few of my flavors are mixed like strawberry milk or pomegranate raspberry. I have no recipes and not enough flavors to mix anyway. I think I covered all your questions.
Lets deal with the 3 bottles that have pcts on them. Did these bottles come with the flavors and do you have any guidance from the vendor you got them from? And most importantly, are they in the same nic strength that you vape? Some vendors will give a range in pct of the flavor to add and others will give a specific direction ie. add all or xx ml to the bottle.

Reactions: Anise

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You could start low on the% to see if you like it and its strong enough for you. Sometimes recommended amount are way too high.

To figure the ml to add to bottle you take the volume amount of your bottle....ie...if it is a 30 ml bottle. Then you multiply the pct(in a decimal) you want to use to find how many ml

30* .2 =0.60 ml
15* .2 = 0.30 ml

and so on. Taste test by putting a drop on your finger or you can smell the mix. If you think the mix smell wonderful then odds are you will really like it.

• Agree
Reactions: untar

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
You could start low on the% to see if you like it and its strong enough for you. Sometimes recommended amount are way too high.

To figure the ml to add to bottle you take the volume amount of your bottle....ie...if it is a 30 ml bottle. Then you multiply the pct(in a decimal) you want to use to find how many ml

30* .2 =0.60 ml
15* .2 = 0.30 ml

and so on. Taste test by putting a drop on your finger or you can smell the mix. If you think the mix smell wonderful then odds are you will really like it.

Cool! Thank you all for your help and not making me feel dumb.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Cool! Thank you all for your help and not making me feel dumb.
WE have all been where you are and had to learn also. No question is considered dumb even if you have to ask it more than once. People have different ways of learning, some learn by seeing, some by hearing and some by reading. No one way is more right or wrong than the other.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread