Status
Not open for further replies.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
First of all, I have to thank everyone here for all of the great info. This place helped me a ton in deciding which equipment to start with. Thanks!

I'm just shy of a month cig-free and it's been an interesting journey. I started with an eGo/clearo combo and quickly moved on to cartos and then a couple of DCTs. I got my first Provari a couple of days ago and it's been great re-tasting all my juices at different voltages. It's like getting my sense of taste back all over again. Along with my Provari, I grabbed a 510 atty to try dripping. What I ended up with was a 3 ohm with a bridge and wick as they didn't have any dripping attys. The flavor from my juice is awesome while it lasts but I'm not crazy about the eventual wicky taste I get when it's time to re-drip.

I've been watching vids on de-bridging this thing but I'd like a little advice from someone who knows the deal on it. I'm going to get a dripping atty soon, but can someone tell me if it's worth messing with the one I have? Do bridgless attys still have that funky taste on the last vape as the juice runs out?

In addition to this, I have another question for the educated masses. I started with a couple of V3 clearos on my eGo and I liked them pretty well. Now that I have my Provari, I'm planning to pick up a couple of vivi nova tanks. As far as I can tell, the heads/wicks look pretty similar to the clearos I have. Is the vape on a nova tank close to what I would get from a vision clearo? I don't have an adapter for the Provari, so I can't test it with the ones I have.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I started with a bridged atty and started using a bridgeless one a few weeks ago, a cheap $5 BetterLife atty with a 3 hole plate over the coil. I really like this atty, but I haven't tried the more expensive Cisco spec HH357 that everyone raves about. I start to get a hint of burnt taste and dryness in the last hit that tells me to redrip.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I dewick my 510 atties before I ever use them (much easier to do when they haven't been used), but I don't debridge them anymore. I find that it's advantageous to leave the bridge in there because it will keep the atty from spitting sparks at you.
    I also strongly suggest getting a drip shield.
    Imported Drip Shields
    This is how I set up my atty on my Provari
    P1000581.jpg

From left to right
    #1 sealed 510 shorty extension
    #2 510 atty
    #3 drip shield
    #4 drip tip
    P1000594.jpg

Last edited:

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    Good call. I'm headed to a local shop to pick up the tanks today, so I'll see what they have for shields and extensions. Then I'll dig the wick out of the atty I have and try it that way. If the novas are as good as everyone says they are, I'll have my gear pretty well figured out for now. An atty for sitting in my office and a tank for the road. A genesis style setup with SS mesh will be my next adventure.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    If you want to extend the vape time with your bridged atty you might want to add a bonut or two. They were invented by ECF member BJ43, and are rolled up stainless steel mesh rings that can slip around the bridge to allow more juice retention. I use one for dripping and do about 5-6 drops at a time. Two or more can be used - more juice but that'll tighten up the draw a bit. They've made dripping less of a hassle for me just using regular attys and they're cheap and easy to make. Just search ECF for bonut!

KarenB

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2012
    LA, CA.
    I LOVE my Mini ViVi Nova and it's the only "clearo" that has produced the vanilla flavor of my favorite vanilla liquid. That said; I do also notice that over the last 2 days my mouth has been a lot dryer then when I use Stardusts or the atty / tank combo. Is that because it's producing so much vapor. Note: I drink over a gallon of water per day so I am not dehydrated.

To the OP ... If you get a Nova I think you will be pleased. I am just waiting for my other clearos to bite the dust as it were to justify buying 2 or 3 more of these.

The only drawback I see to the Nova's is they tend to dry my throat out if I use them to much. They work great, as long as I switch off with an atty or normal carto for part of the time.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    OK, now I know what the all fuss was about regarding the Vivi Nova tanks. I love this thing. I filled it up with my all day juice and the flavor and vapor are great. There weren't any drip shields to be had, but I picked up a couple of extensions and more attys to de-wick. I'll get on ordering a shield today. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread